What Is Racism

This question is related to humanities.

What actually is racism? I was wondering earlier today what a black person that sees a white person on the street thinks

For example, if I see a black person on the street, I immediately acknowledge that they are black internally and make some jokes to myself "didn't know the zoo was in town" or "lol looks like someone left the cage open" but these are just dark thoughts I have in my own head. I am not actually racist and would never discriminate against them. Do black people think similar things when they see white people? Are these thoughts racism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_plus_power
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everyone is racist. Find me someone who claims they aren't racist and I'll find you a liar.
The only difference between now and 50 years ago is people internalize it instead of being public about it. It's just the result of built in tribalism and preferring people similar to yourself.

Oh yeah, this only applies to White Americans and Western Europeans. Everyone else, Eastern Europeans, Africans (black and white), Asians (especially) Arabs, Heebs, are openly and unapologetically racist.

It differs from country to country strangely enough, Americans tend to put in some kind of power structure into it that other countries don't do when discussing it.

1.Biological races within human exist
2.These differences are big enough that it's worth pointing out in everyday life (say, having the same important as height have regarding safety issues on a workplace, as opposite to something mundane as if you're balding or not)
3.If 1. and 2. are true, it's true that you can talk about races being better or worse in a very general sense when all their qualities are summed up on some kind of scale or hierarchy.

What sometimes happens is that people agree on all of this however you've people claiming that part 2 is much more important than other claim, some people claiming that race is so important that any other factors regarding a person is flavourish, at best.

Were people THAT public about it at the time? I mean other than those who were politically active.

a spook, anyone who cares too hard about race is a racist, both left and right wings

>Everyone is racist.
>SJWs were right

>Man you really don't want us to start a war with Syria? What a warmonger you are!

Racism is bigotry on the basis of race. If you prefer your own race to others, that's not racism. If you've hated every single nigger you've ever met, that's not racism. If you hated BECAUSE they were niggers, that's racism.

Damn, and here I am thinking/hoping the reddit 'le spokes amirite? xD' meme was dead.

No, SJWs think only whites are racist. Which is a laughable opinion.

Do people have the same level of "racism" or is on a spectrum? If so, what's the definition of that particular racism that most people have.

Come on they at least have "self hating racism" in there

This is really disrespectful to those who died that day. Comic sans? Fuck off.

Alt-left: everyone is racist
Centre-left & Centre-right: not everyone is racist
Alt-right: everyone is racist and that's ok

If every time you see a black person you tell yourself racist jokes you are definitely racist buts not like your actively oppressing the man so I guess it's a lesser sin. As a black person I would say we mind our business. Unless you get a black persons attention, they're not thinking about you. You guys are the majority in most of the places in the US, so you don't stick out as individuals as much. White people also don't have the stigma attached to them we do, so you're easier to ignore.

This pretty much although some cultures its been ingrained into society, the Spanish caste system and, to some extent, the Indian caste system is a good example. South African Apartheid is another example, I'm neither condoning or condemning them, just giving examples

Racism equals power plus privilege. It's really not hard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_plus_power

No, it doesn't. Stop with your post-modern horsecock.

Its not 'post-modern horsecock'. Without the societal institutions and norms to reinforce racism, it would show itself for the arbitrarily defined category that it is

explain why chins hated niggers when they were white slaves.

>Without the societal institutions to reinforce racism
>to reinforce racism
>racism
You destroyed the argument yourself in a single clause. By stating that the idea is solely reinforced means that it doesn't come from the institution. It exists regardless. Racism is and always will be prejudice based on race. You can argue that institutional racism is power plus prejudice, but not racism on the whole. Fuck off.

>As a black person I would say we mind our business. Unless you get a black persons attention, they're not thinking about you.
You've obviously never been to atlantic city. Black people will beg you for shit constantly. But maybe its just the demographic. Like 1/50 bums will be white or spanish.

There's a difference between hating say angelcakes and the following (not all together)

>actively demonstrating that hate by destroying it at a cake fair.
>changing the scoring at the cake fair that angelcakes are hurt by it
>being a judge and making it so that angelcake's can never get good scores in the contest.
>banning angelcake's at the fair
>making angelcake's have their own category and ONLY angelcake's

The issue with the statement is that it assumes absolute power but in reality there's multiple levels but it still stand decently well (with this addendum).

No, it doesn't. Racism is racism. You trying to alter that fact through mental gymnastics doesn't change anything.

Black homelessness is mostly related to cultural distrust of mental health issues and mental institutions. I work with homeless populations, going to suburban American mental health clinics everyone is white save for staff.

The low income urban state asylums were horrid and many got shut down for the violence and deprivation the mostly black and brown wards faced.

But it's also just health professionals not treating black patients the same as whites either.

Plus I mean it's Atlantic City, look at the demographics.