I can't deal with death

I am hopelessly afraid of it. I even went through a transhumanist phase, but I now know that the "science" of transhumanism is just bullshit, at least for the next 200 years. The only remedy I can think of is to have children so that I don't "really" die when I die. I know that religion is absolute busllhit, but I cannot handle nihilism. It's like vodka. I just can't handle it.

I started having these thoughts after turning 25 last year. I am officially no longer "young."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7KRgluYeps
youtube.com/watch?v=eMwoYZm3d8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lmao death doesn't care about what you think, there is no negotiation so you have to move straight on to acceptance.

That's what I just said you fag. I am dealing with by reproducing, which is the most primitive thing I could do.

You're probably a vasectomized, nihilistic faggot, sitting in his studio apartment masturbating to anime, counting down the days until his failing health interferes with his hedonism so you can blast the shotgun into your hot faggot mouth.

FUCK YOU!

I recommend Nihilism.

We are animals that shit fuck and die, embrace it

>You're probably a vasectomized, nihilistic faggot, sitting in his studio apartment masturbating to anime, counting down the days until his failing health interferes with his hedonism so you can blast the shotgun into your hot faggot mouth.
literally nothing wrong with this

This kind of thinking will lead to human extinction.

Do you have faith OP? Mine tells me its all gonna be ok in the end and that theres nothing to worry about. Have faith, there is purpose in everything.

>I can think of is to have children so that I don't "really" die when I die

wtf kind of nigger logic is this?

>/17(Thu)07:3

Write a book, do something in the world that leaves a mark, a positive mark. We live on through our work, and what we leave for others; that's as close to living forever that I've found we would ever be.

Perhaps create a lie, a beautiful lie, that in which you'll live until departure time. We do it all the time to avoid that which we don't like; yet we can't think of doing it when it may serve a purpose. I believe that's why we have all these systems of belief.

UBERMAN

10/10 sentence

You got to exist. You're welcome.

If you can't change it then worrying about it is an aggressive waste of time. That's a general principle, not just limited to death. You can find it in buddhism, the AA and more.

Nihilism isn't necessarily negative. Think of it like this, if in the end life is truly meaningless, why stress out and worry about things? Furthermore, why partake in activities that don't make you happy, instead of loathing your existence enjoy it while you can. Life is the most beautiful gift have fun with it.

The fact that it ends is the only redeeming thing about life. Eternal life is, well, eternally worse.

We're space monkeys. You gotta have some space and some monkey in you

Chant the Hare Krishna daily

Practice Bhakti yoga and you'll transcend samsara at the time of death

Yours will be.

Mine will be awesome.

And the problem with that would be... what exactly?

Put yourself in a situation where you might meet death head on. If you live, you'll appreciate life more....like skydiving, waterboarding, or running with the bulls

*get waterboarded

Just quit being a pus

>but I now know that the "science" of transhumanism is just bullshit, at least for the next 200 years
From an actual scientist, doing post-grad research at uni, this is false.

Well, I suppose it depends on your version of transhumanism.

Gnosticism, hermeticism, raja yoga, thelema, alchemy etc. Try really digging at least into one of those. Argentum Astrum studying program might also help.

Fuck bitches. Get money

You have a shit worldview that cannot deal with anything an animal couldn't deal with.

Ditch your shit worldview and adopt a more comprehensive worldview that does not fear the transition from this life to the next.

I deal with it through stoicism since we will all die in the end

you die every night, stupid faggot

When you go to sleep you wake up 10 hours later. When you die you just go to sleep and never wake up. You say that you know "religion is absolute bullshit", yet you fear sleep? If anything the religious person would fear death. You've been "dead" for billions and billions of years

>I now """know""" that the "science" of transhumanism is just bullshit
What did the brainlet mean by this?

Do really boring stuff all the time. That way it'll seem like you lived a lot longer than you really did.

>He's afraid of going to sleep

youtube.com/watch?v=M7KRgluYeps

youtube.com/watch?v=eMwoYZm3d8U

Either:
A: You are not dead
B: You do not care that you are dead
Get over it, faggot.

>"nothing matters"

>The only remedy I can think of is to have children so that I don't "really" die when I die
How dare you? To keep the curse going on, what the fuck is wrong with you?

How is it possible that you don't find misery in life to be put out of? How is it possible that you even go to the extent of creating more pointless suffering to satisfy a petty feeling that will end up meaning nothing at all? You know whose feelings of despair will matter? Those of your children, praying for death to come and make them free.

Even if you "pass on" your genes, the shit will be diluted right in the next generation, you only pass on half the code, and if you have yet another children, you pass on another half, doesn't matter if it's redundant compared to the first child, and it's most likely that it'll be. After that, your children may or may not pass on yet another half of their mixture, among which only a small part will be yours only. In the end, you can only hope for a handful of code to be passed on, and you know what? That's a load of bullshit. It's not worth creating more suffering for it.

But i truly envy you, i envy you normalshits who have never given a shit about anything around you, i envy those who were told rules and readily knew they were nothing but words instead of following them and turning them into your life, i truly envy those who were able to do the shit they wanted without ever thinking on the lives of others they were dooming, i envy the evil that has brought true happiness to most people. I feel like a martyr, i feel like a saint, i feel like a heretic, and all i wish for, is a measure of happiness, or that god strikes me with his holy thunder and releases me from this pointless existence.

Have a child that you love, let it inherit your nature and nurture. Give it the competitive edge, advantage, to carry on its own work, whatever that may be.

>" "something" matters"
Can you tell us why?

Oh right, you can't, because actually, nothing fucking matters.

humans will eventually create intelligent machines. and these machines could go on forever. We are all gonna die, though.

>Nothing matters

[Citation needed]

Kids won't help. You lie to yourself either way to make it feel better. I suggest just getting over it. 25 is still young.

>

some religions actually focus on this fear and have developed practices to use it as a means to transformative change of perspective i.e. metanoia.

Read 'Three Pillars of Zen' - there are some case studies of such practises and insight

Nietzsche was not a Nihilist, btw, read his final letters, they are deep expressions of god realization. quite ironic.

Embrace the Absurd my son. We are born in a Godless universe constantly trying to find meaning to a meaningless existence. It is in this struggle that we find solace. Individual suffering is but a mass plague and reaffirms the existence of humanity.

Our universe is a simulation. When you "die" literally anything could happen.

>i feel like a saint

You're actually just a faggot.

I like you

>fears death

How can you be afraid of somethingyou don't feel, you don't have to deal with, worry, solve, anything

I can see why you would be afraid of losing an arm, it's something you'll have to deal with for the rest of your life, it will create a ton of problems and obstacles

But death does nothing... it's like being afraid of not being aftaid, because you don't feel anything, you're not conscious or aware of anything

Are you afraid of the time before you were born? Cause at worst, it would be a lot like that. At best, you get eternal paradise.

It doesn't matter who i am. What matters is my plan.

>something matters

[Citation needed]

Be-towards-death is hard
Be your ownmost.
Accept that you will die
Stop being a fag

It's not like your terminal

“Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.”
― William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

Leave a legacy; but maybe you shouldn't.

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Well exactly, you're just talking out if your ass. You don't know if nothing matters