Third Indochina War

> Third Indochina War

>USA supported pol pot

really thinking about this

>Third Indochina War.
>That long.
We're just gonna ignore lost Vietnamese territory I guess.

A vietnam thread with no anglos whining about k/d ratios? I thought it impossible!

Noam Chomsky will be thrilled!

kek. Comments like these are why I browse this board

>anarchist supporting totalitarian genocidal communist regime

I will never not laugh at this fact and Chomsky's stupid political views. He should stick to linguistics.

>In China, the war is referred to as the Defensive Counterattack against Vietnam

What did they mean by this?

even the metric, not giving a shit about humans lives and being able to attack the enemy directly they still loss.

"Defensive" means "good guys" in most languages, they can't just name "The battle to prove to Americans we're their ally"

I don't understand. Did Chomsky that old Jew actually support Pol Pot?

According to Kissinger, it was "to teach them some respect"

Chomsky really hates Lenin though

A lot of people did until the killing fields shit started coming out, Pol Pot had a pretty good PR machine

I read that book.

hasn't China always had a hateboner for Vietnam tho?

All Asians fucking hate eachother

Kinda the opposite.
Chinese dismiss Vietnamese as eternally buttblasted second fiddle.
Vietnamese people have a huge hate boner for Chinese due to always being second fiddle

Vietnam wishes it could be second fiddle to China. They want(ed) to change up the pecking order in EA, but the eternal Hoa kept getting in their way.

>USA supports brutal dictators when it suits their interests
That's nothing new.

Yeah, but to be fair he convincingly argued that Pol Pot killed only half the 2 million he's always accused of. Some French catholic priest told the New York Times that PP killed 2.1 Cambodians, but he later admitted that he didn't know the actually number (since the exact figure he felt was irrelevant) and mayve actually included the victims killed in the Cambodian bombing campaigns of Richard Nixon.

Essentially Chomsky pointed out that the "2.1 million people killed" figure was based on the testimony of one guy who was dedicating his life to trying to make communism look bad.

That being said, Chomsky spent a lot of time trying to have the number of victims people think pol pot killed reduced; partly because he believes in accuracy and truth, partly to restore his credibility and fight the smear that he's fully an apologist for the Khmer Rouge, and partly because he has a hard-on for anyone anti-US

So is chomsky an apologist for Pol Pot? No, but he put a lot more effort into clearing his name than he would've if Reagan was accused of killing 1 million Nicaraguans.

didn't Deng try to waste away soldier lives just to prove a point to the generals?

Why do the Vietnamese love America so much after all this shit?

Their hatred of China exceeds their butthurt over America.

It's usually the losers who get butthurt

Dinks love cheap disposable garbage.
America is the source of cheap disposable garbage.

Also when the US refused to defeat them they were more confused than anything. But with the chinks they have a very clear and established rivalry.

Right on the head
Good job

I keep on hearing about this, but I can't find any sources for it.
Sounds like historical revisionism to me.
>NUH UH, WE WEREN'T EVEN TRYING

All I know is he repeatedly told the generals they were out fucking skilled. I know the Chinese air force was grounded before the war started, but I doubt that was Deng--it would have been suicide to fly anyway.

>USA supports another brutal dictator

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT?

Isn't this common knowledge?
He was a genocidal racist warmonger, perfect for America.

>country now filed with ladyboys and prostitutes
>victory

>Is an entirely different war
>Still butthurt

Vietnam doesn't have ladyboys

>dumb american can't see the difference between Vietnam and Thailand