How does creating artificial demand profit a company if all of the demand is instead met by grey market sellers on eBay?

How does creating artificial demand profit a company if all of the demand is instead met by grey market sellers on eBay?

Pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/money/2014/11/19/365010888/episode-584-what-the-lebron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I ask myself this all the time user
tfw will never have nes or snes classic

Nintendo are the ones scalping it. They were doing the same thing with the switch when it released.

No way. Don't believe that for a second.

If there are 100 normal customers and 3 scalpers, and each customer will buy 1 SNES Classic and each scalper will buy 50, how many consoles should Nintendo manufacture? A scalper will return any systems they're unable to sell.

From what I heard, the big problem with the nes classic was that they had a limited supply of cheap EOL SBC parts, meaning they could not do further production runs without ordering a shit load more equivalent parts and updating it to work with newer parts.

not sure, but maybe the "everybody wants one! impossible to get!" buzz involved with these types of items gets people excited and interested about the brand

so they don't necessarily profit too much on the item itself, but the brand as a whole gets a bump.

They don't give a fuck about selling the consoles, they care about the brand awareness it builds.
The scarcity makes people work for it and gives an impression of things being popular (it's sold out it must be great!).

>oh man 'member Zelda
>free "Day Before Switch Launch Excited Gamers Line Up at Stores" articles and news stories

Where did the grey market sellers get them?

what gray market?

why? do you think anyone would give a shit about the switch after a few weeks otherwise?

they arent, nintendo is just retarded and hates money, they discontinued nes because they
are making the snes classic

Buzz, sold out, hard to find, selling for double or triple. Gorilla marketing of some sort so to say.
this.
This makes more sense, maybe a lot more people were interested in the SNES Classic and Nintendo did this as a limited run one off, making NES classic scarce and its value increased, but was free marketing for what they think will be a bigger seller, their SNES Classic. If the SNES Classic goes to scalper types again, then I dunno, maybe they're just retarded?!

Forgot to add, you can't create demand through marketing, maybe they know there is a much larger demand for SNES and went half ass into the NES and what happen now is all after the fact. They did get some buzz though with the NES considering, and this will make people jump down on the SNES Classic and order.

Just ask Porsche. Fuck Porsche, fucking retards.

GO UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT! GO FUCKING UP!

Basically it's free marketing

npr.org/sections/money/2014/11/19/365010888/episode-584-what-the-lebron

Better to sell 1 million systems and sell out completely based on "muh scarcity hype" then manufacture 5 million and half the supply sits on the bottom shelf of Toys R' Us like all the Sega and Atari retro consoles the last few years.

I believe this

Somehow hundreds are up in ebay under new seller accounts, but walmart and gamestops are only getting two to five per store

I still wonder how the hell that one guy who photographed his living room full of NES Classics got that much.

Preorder bots and backdooring

pink floyd had the top selling album by buying it themselves the p/e boost of the stock in the parent co paid for it all. most shitcans believe the fake numbers ala apple and facebook and voila. fake sales equals real stock pump and dump = $$$

who here /scalpingSNESclasic/ when it comes out? Should be easy money

The trick is to get people caught up in the scarcity hype, so if they see the product (or a similar one later on) they will buy the thing ASAP at first sight. Don't give people time to reconsider or come to their senses, get them to buy it instantly without any thought.

You are doing the ground work for the next product, in this case SNES classic. You get people talking about how the previous one sold out so fast, and this way you ensure the next one is going to be just as successful. You can also slightly increase the price and the production number of your next product if you are confident it will also sell out, which equals more income than the previous one.

Nintendo is in good spot because they can do this couple more times with N64 classic and GameCube classic.

It doesn't they just fucked up. They shut down the production line before it hit the market and drastically underestimated demand but didn't deem it worth the cost of restarting the line.

I don't get it either, if I could walk into a store and buy one of these I would but I'm not going to buy it from a scalper at a premium.

who even buys this shit when there are so many emulators.

its like some dudes brag that they have rare game.... yeah rare.

so rare that anyone and their dog can download rom and play as much as they fucking want :D

Scalped only 3 of these bad boys. Still easy money. I play all snes on my raspberry pi anyway