Did the Germanic, Celtic and other various tribes and people outside of the Romans and Greek had civilization...

Did the Germanic, Celtic and other various tribes and people outside of the Romans and Greek had civilization? They were certainly more advanced than hunter and gatherer cultures but were way below than even the Sumerians.

Depends, what do you define as Romans and Greek?

What time period?

Depends, what do you define as outside of Romans and Greek?

What time period?

When they were contemporary with those Germanic and Celtic tribes so 500BC-500AD. How would you classify those tribes that had enough military organization to repel the Romans and a complex society structure and yet lacked writing and advanced architecture?

it's entirely possible large portions of their architectural record were wood-based and hasn't survived.

Yes, not roman or greek leves but more civilized than some African cattle Based societies

this. Roman ruins are more common since they used stone.

this, or they were an oral based culture

Nah. They were pretty much hunter gathers that made homes from sticks and mud.

How do you define civilization?

The Celts were a proto-civilization, their Oppidia were almost cities and they were semi-literate. Germanics were pure barbarians, tho, living in villages and with no higher culture.

Celts had very elaborate artpieces
pic related is the remains of a celt "Castro" (fortified village) near my town
celts liked circular shapes more than the romans. houses were circular, a lot of the shapes in art were circular...

>Germanics were pure barbarians

Lol, this is Hueneburg, it dates back to 600 bc, almost as old as the oldest cities in South Western Europe, probably bigger than Rome was in 600 bc.

Nigger tier

Fuck off you stupid fuckwit

>american education

Celts, yes. The achievements of the Celts are pretty much well known. Chainmail, excellent sword types, the invention of soap, Western Europe's most excellent horsemen. and basically societies centered around representative democracies of elected high kings, and lived in fortified settlements so large, they could be considered cities (though I think only rich tribes lived in them).

The Early Germanics on the other hand seem to just ride on the coattails of the Celts.

Hueneburg is Celtic.

Large areas of what is now South/Southwestern Germany and Austria used to be until the Germanics migrated there during the decline of Rome.

Historians say that settlement is Celtic

But it's in Germany
the fuck???

What civilizations did Bronze age Germany have? And how do they compare with Britain in the Bronze age?

You know the celts defeated the Macedonians and Egyptians right

The germanics came from scandinavia, celts started out in what is now austria.

Urnfield culture, basically urnfield swords (Naue II) were so good they were adopted everywhere, in Italy, Mycenean Greece and as far as Ugarit in what is now Syria.

Since the sue of such swords implies a long tradition and knowledge of combat with that particular type of swords, historians think that urnfield mercenaries were active in the Eastern Mediterranean and under Mycenean kingdoms.

But it's more likely that those urnfield people were the urnfield Italics, rather than the proto Celts of Germany

In the North there was the Nordic bronze age culture which also produced a lot of good bronze artefacts such as swords, tools, helemets, war horns and even a few figurines

The urnfield culture and NBA culture were really godo at metallurgy but lacked in toher departments, they had msotly small settlement consisting of simple wooden huts and didn't leave behind stone monuments or fortifications, I thinkt hey did created some wooden ones though if I recall correctly.

We don't know much about Britain in that period, but like a century later they used a similar type of sword to those found in the Western Med and Atlantic regions

Does anyone have that quote from Julius Caesar on the difference between Celtics/Gaulics vs Germanics?

>probably bigger than Rome was in 600 bc.
were you dropped on your head as a child?

Yes that Celtic settlement sure disproves my claims about the Germans.

Dumb faggot.

holy fuck that's comfy

Anyone have pics of Germanics from back when the Romans were fighting them?

>looks more human than the "refugees" being let into Europe these days

huh...

I can't speak for continental Celts but Irish settlements probably looked something like this

Celts are civilized, Gayrmanic are barbarians tho

>"" im a virgin because of krauts"""
You're no different then stormniggers stop pretending to be

surely that's too many people

sadly no romans ever thought to take pictures

you'd be suprised

>Germans believe this.
This is a early copper settlement in South Iberia, more or less 5.500 years ago. You have more ancient cities in what is now the danube, Ukraine and Romania.
Hallstat culture comes from Austria, Celts it's a Scythian/Iranian language, indoe european an all that. Most celts didn't share anything but a more or less similar language, the rest varied a lot. Not gods, not dress, not tactics or ways of life.Gauls weren't Britians, than weren't belgues, than weren't galatian than weren't keltiberians. Veeky Forums would say than Kelts are an spook.

That's clearly not a permanent settlement. More like once a year or every few years event.

I dont think hes talking about southern europeans

He talks about South Weste European, for a German that's France and Spain, maybe Italy, I said about the danbe cities because they are the oldest in Europe, and perhaps OP didn't know about that.
SWE had cities way bigger, than anything north of the Rhin, since castles, castros, whatever you like. This is one part of a city in the cost of Spain, Iberian, the other part had the ports and stuff, from the Edetani if I recall well.