Lost Cultures/Languages/Ethnicites/Races

Post Peoples or Cultures that have been effectively lost to time for whatever reason be it disease or conquest

Pic Related, the Guanche People were a group of Proto-Berber people indigenous to the Canary Islands. Are there any of them left? What did they look like? Where did they come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbers#Name
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimor
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chachapoya_culture
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte_Chico_civilization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solluba
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthyophagi
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_North_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagot
youtube.com/watch?v=l61woIJWLXk
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmJZU9wEMk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Tocharian people of China.

Swedes.

What happened to them?

TANGed then UHYGURed.

There was a Brythonic speaking population in the south of Ireland until the 9th century. The Irish called their language "Iarmbélre", or "Iron speech", "because of the darkness of the language, and its obscurity and density, so that it is difficult to explore"

While there are many examples of small and, frankly, irrelevant people that have largely disappeared, I'm more interested in the disappearance of entire civilizations and cultural traditions.

For example, the "Mitteleuropa" civilization of the late XIXth and early 20th centuries, the German-speaking, urban civilization of Central and Eastern Europe, that gave us Austrian art, German science and Hungarian and Polish mathematics, has largely disappeared, and nothing remains but a few surviving Habsburg buildings.

The Turco-Persian civilization of the Muslim world is another example of lost urban culture. It once spanned from the walls of Vienna to Bengal, but now even Iran turns its back to it. It remains in Sufi shrines of South Asia, but even this is also disappearing thanks to the pressures of modernization and Islamism.

Speaking of the Muslim world, what were the Berbers like before they were Arabized? I remember reading that the Amazigh Berbers are the closest to the original Berbers before the Islamic Conquests began

Selknam

>Mesopotamia: the entire thread

Any peoples that could be mentioned here are already better off than the thousands we will never even know existed

can't wait for this to happen to white people

The Olmecs

>the "Mitteleuropa" civilization of the late XIXth and early 20th centuries, the German-speaking, urban civilization of Central and Eastern Europe, that gave us Austrian art, German science and Hungarian and Polish mathematics
It's called the Austro-Hungarian empire,they haven't been lost to time. This thread is about people like the Cucuteni-Trypilians or the Hwan-guk hyper empire, who have been totally wiped out with barely a trace left.

huh?

But I speak Aramaic. Which hasn't diverged much.

Imazighs is the native term for Berbers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbers#Name

the Ainus from Japan

Don't worry. San Francisco will always provide refuge for and embrace the Ainus.

All of my ancestors are from the area of where the cucuteni-Trypillian culture was.

There's this one French group on the very tip of my tongue that I can't quite remember. It wasn't the Cathars or the Huguenots. It was a group that we know basically nothing about other than that they were persecuted for some unknown reason. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

The Occitans?

The Nuragic civilization.

These people had aqueducts, metal pipes, left behind thousands of stone structures and refined temples,built the massive stone statues predating those of Greece by at least two centuries, they had their own ponderal system and adopted a writing system in their later phases according to the latest studies.

Ancient historians often said that the ancient inhabitants were Tyrrenians/Pelasgians, so I think that they might have been related to the Etruscans, they also found out that in the earlier phases of the Etruscan civilization Nuragic people lived among them in some of the cities by the coasts, those near to the iron deposits.

No no no. I mean we literally know nothing about this group other than they were persecuted and hated. We don't even know what membership of the group entailed, as they seemed to have the same phenotype and religion as their neighbors. The name's just not quite coming to me.

Indus Valley culture.

Are you talking about the Basque? Or is that Spain?

That's Spain, but that's not who I'm talking about. We're not even sure if what I'm talking about was an ethnic group.

These ones:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimor
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chachapoya_culture
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte_Chico_civilization

Their languages and cultures have been lost to time, in many cases poorly recorded unfortunately.
Most of what we have left of them are decaying ruins like pic related.

The entirety of pre-Islamic Mesopotamia and North Africa, pre-Slavic Balkan culture, continental Celtic peoples,

Valdensians?

If you could give a time range that would be helpful.

It was sometime during the Middle Ages; sorry, I don't remember anything more specific than that. I would also like to repeat that when I say "we know nothing", I mean we know nothing, other than that you could be born into the group, the group followed the same religion as everyone else, and everyone else hated them extremely. So it's not the Waldensians, who know quite a bit about and who still exist. Damn, now it's really going to bother me until I figure it out.

You're thinking of the Cagots.
I'm inclined to think they're related to the Goths, but nobody knows for sure.

Fuck yes. Thank you.

The Cagots. They were found in southwest France and northern Spain. They were typically required to live in separate quarters in towns called cagoteries,excluded from all political and social rights, were not allowed to marry non-Cagots, enter taverns, hold cabarets, use public fountains, sell food or wine, touch food in the market, work with livestock, or enter the mill, and had to wear special dress identifying themselves as Cagots. They were not an ethnic or religious group, and spoke the same languages as everyone else in their region. We know they did have some unique cultural elements of their own, but everything about that culture has been lost to history or not written down, so now we literally only know that everyone hated them with a passion, but have no idea why or what a Cagot even was. Which is weird since this persecution lasted well into the Industrial Age and the 19th century.

One of the most fascinating unsolved mysteries of history, in my opinion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solluba

These guys, hypothesized to be Pre-semetic population of Arabia. Only died out during the 20th century

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthyophagi
wat

Was also gonna say — Tocharians. East side Indo Europeans.

The Basque fascinate me. They may not be extinct, but they sure do spur thinking about what Europe was like before the Indo-Aryan migrations.

Yes, but do we know what their language was like? What they believed? The structure of their society?

All we know is that they had small cities, wrote in logograms and liked to burn their houses down. For all intents and purposes they're gone.

The Brittonic peoples of England

>they had small cities

they had the largest cities in the world at the time, except modern scholars refuse to call them cities because and I quote "there is no evidence of a social contract".

Read The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World, a 2007 book by David W. Anthony

Seriously, the first half is pretty much the Trypillian people and literally (the actual use of literal) lists all archaeological sites of theirs and describes them.

Sardinians have very similar customs

See

Vazimba. In all likelihood they are more a status than an actual people but I believe they are related to VaDeba/VaDebuli chronicled by the Kilwa peoples as high sea raiders, traders and bringers of the ocean craft.

Their influence is found from Maldives West to Comoros
Gomera has halfies and quarters

Silbo is still used

Use google

Yeah they got fucked over big time, most people don't focus on them though because they aren't like Inca
Your on the fucking internet, stop being a fucking faggot saying "huh" and Google.
No, they are supposedly the oldest but by the time of they had already been over run by East Africans who brought camel and donkey and later again those people were swamped out by Semiticizing speakers

The Thracians

In Bulgaria we have the same, with the big bells and sheep fur and all that.

They certainly had some kickass swords.

The Tartessians. Little is known about them other than they crafted gold and silver stuff and they traded with Phoenicians. Some say they were indigenous bronze age people, the only sure thing is that they had a particular and mostly unknown culture

They traded with The Sards during The bronze age

White culture.

No such thing has ever existed

The Principality of theodoro and the crimean goths, a rump state of Byzantium. A couple of Crimean Goths decided WE WUZ BYZANTINES. Crimean goths allegedly existed up until the late 18th-century.

The funny thing is that they outlived Byzantium until 1475 when they were conquered by the Ottomans.

>not harassing normies while wearing your sheep demon outfit and rattling your belts all over the place
Do you even quirky pagan traditions?
This is in Portugal, by the way.

fuck, i forgot Genoa had one of those funny little Mediterranean colonial empires

There was a land on the modern Dalmatian coast where Slavic pirates made their home. They were the last pagans in southern Europe and their land subsequently named "Pagania" by outsiders. These Narentines were a serious threat to the peoples of the Adriatic sea and were basically the Disc 1 final boss for the Venetians.

The Cham.

Every time Vietnamese sound high and mighty about their "oppression" under the Chinese, remind them that they themselves annihilated a Hindu-influenced Civilization of Austronesians south of them kek.

Nah. They were YUEZHIed, XIONGNUed, HANed, and then finally KUSHANed.

That's awesome.

Racist bigot advocating genocide = Nazi.

Cagots?

castilians are better pagans

id be interested in things that havent been discovered and have no chance of being known, really ramps up em gears

Teotihuacan. We still don't even know their ethnicity or which language they spoke.

dey wuz black cuz

There are Basques in both Spain and France.

>mfw there are nogs who would unironically believe that

Going a bit off topic but whats with coons and all this historical revisionism lately?

Arabization of the maghreb is a meme, your average arab speaking maghrebi has roughly the same dna than your average berber speaking maghrebi.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_North_Africa

They're just getting to the "deluded racial lionization" stage of identity. White people were there too at one time, the black identity in the US is newer in its current form.

White people.

Onas or selknam.
These creepy fucks are cosplaying in Hell now, all it is left is some mestiza whos mother was a pure blood who married a basque. Kinda sad

Incredible

Left looks like Pikachu

They look like Pokemons, never seen native customs so original

No I get where all those weird "Alien like" cave paintings came from

>whites are a race

American education

Ainus are still around and enjoy a niche popularity like a cultural curiosity. But, most Ainus or partial Ainus hide their ethnicity because Yamato Japanese are so racist.

A better Japanese example might be the Emishi.

>A better Japanese example might be the Emishi.
Why are people on here so retarded?

CAN YOU FUCK OFF WITH RACE

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I SWEAR EVERYTHING NOWADAYS IS "HURRR THEY WERE WHITE PPL WE ARE WHITE PPL LOL XDXDXD" AND "NO WE WUZ KINGS DEY BLACK PEOPLE LOLOLOL" LIKE FUCK OFF AND ROT IN A HOLE YA SHITBRAINED WANKER WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR REAL ANTHROPOLOGY

FUCK AMERICA AND EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER LIVED OR IS LIVING IN IT FOR CREATING THIS ABHORRENT FUCKING RACE MEME

Wow, thanks, this is interesting as hell.

Dumb frogposters.

This user appears to be a member of the Kekian-Amphibid race.

They didn't have leprosy?

lmao sperg

Why the Gauls of course

>Where did they come from?
Africa

The jews made the race meme too

I was about to post them, then i realised op did it, before the spaniards C O L O N I S E D them, they supposedly had green eyes, the berbers have definately been there longer than the indo europeons have been in europe

The picts had their own culture unique to others in the area, they were slightly stouter and shorter than other scots, also had a higher concentration of green eyes and red hair, no one knows where they came from or if they had just been there, and of course they painted themselves blue and scared the piss out of the romans

The Karankawa indians, the best account we have of them is from Cabeza de Vaca who shipwrecked with them, they were 6ft+ unlike the spainlets
Some of their ancestors are still alive, but they are just different shades of black white and spic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagot

>Another possible explanation of their name Chretiens or Christianos is to be found in the fact that in medieval times all lepers were known as pauperes Christi, and that, whether Visigoths or not, these Cagots were affected in the Middle Ages with a particular form of leprosy or a condition resembling it, such as psoriasis. Thus would arise the confusion between Christians and Cretins.[3] However, early edicts apparently refer to lepers and Cagots as different categories of undesirables.[7] By 1593 the distinction was explicit. The Parlement of Bordeaux repeated customary prohibitions against them but added when they are lepers, if there still are any, they must carry 'clicquettes'.[9]
>In a study in 1683, doctors examined the Cagots and found them no different from normal citizens. Notably, they did not actually suffer from leprosy or any other disease that would justify their exclusion from society.

>youtube.com/watch?v=l61woIJWLXk

>youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmJZU9wEMk

only white people can be racist

You mean the cagots? They fit the bill, considered we know they lived among lepers and had separate sides of the church, but not why it was so.

He means the culture of Berbers has largely been replaced by Arabic culture. I don't think anyone seriously thinks Berbers actually got ARABED.

>Agotes, Pasiegos, Maragatos, Vaqueiros de Alzada...

ayy España

My grandmother's native language was Yiddish, which is now somewhat endangered. Jews are still around though.

Skara Brae or "Greater Ireland" could be interesting

Even if it stopped existing it wouldnt be "lost" as we still would have lots of records on it, and the intact language

>Bohemians
>Sardinians
>North African Berbers

>the future Roman will be of mixed race.
>t. Kalergix

the first first inhabitants of northeastern canada. theyre so dead that even the succeeding paleoeskimo and beothuk populations that replaced them went fully extinct thousands of years later when europeans and other groups moved in

same shit in Slovenia

Sounds like the burakumin in Japan.

Samnites and Carthage.