The covert draft

I was a victim of a kind of covert draft.

I joined the military as supply, and thus expected a cushy time in the service, and for a while it was. Then all of a sudden I was forced into another MOS(civil affairs). I was sent to Iraq and was exposed to gruesome trauma and combat. I never asked for that, yet my being forced into combat situations is never acknowledged for what it is, something I never asked for. It is one thing if a guy signs up for infantry or whatever, they are aware of the potential risks involved, but how was my situation any different from a reluctant Vietnam draftee?

Why is the covert draft never talked about.

I feel some degree of sympathy for you but surely you were aware of the risks when you signed up.

>I volunteered to join the military
>Shockingly, they had me do military stuff

Well the good news is now you have free college, healthcare, and home loans.

Nobody who joins the military should expect a 'cushy time' as you put it. It's standard policy now to make sure almost everybody sees combat. You have a higher chance of that now than the men who fought in the world wars. The government exploits everybody, user. That's it's job. You learned a valuable lesson, but don't expect anything to change.

They said I would be "in the rear with the gear". I ended up it shithole villages dodging IEDs and hiding from sniper fire.

>hurr I got a job with the whore house in the red light district with the expectation I'd only be serving drinks and the occasional blowjob but ended up doing anal exclusively instead

>nobody talking about vietnam war covert draft which is the topic OP wanted
This board needs a purge.

OP came in swinging his massive faggotry like it's high fashion. gets what he deserves.

>engaging a false premise

OP is the protagonist of an h-game.

>I was sent to Iraq and was exposed to gruesome trauma and combat.
No, you weren't.

Iraq was a pushover, nigga. Iraq was pussy shit.

The purpose of the Army is to fight. Why the fuck would you join the army and be surprised when they make you do what soldiers are meant to do?

You are a fucking dumbass that never paid attention to your recruiter. If you're in an infantry branch, you're a rifleman first and whatever your MOS is second. They literally tell you this at boot camp. YOU are to blame here. YOU fucked up.

My recuirter promised me a safe office job. Like being in the military without actually being in the military.

>join an infantry branch
>get surprised you have to do infantry shit
Don't even try to blame others.

Anything your recruiter says you need to get in writing that you signed idiot.
Don't join the army if you're not ready to fight. Sure it's a welfare but that doesn't mean welfare doesn't come without vices

harden the fuck up I'm joining up in the hope I get to hurt people and take a soul or two you fucking pussy

>I was a victim of a kind of covert draft
>I joined the military

>I wanna join the army but not hurt people or encounter physical discomfort :'(
wew lad

So you joined the MILITARY expecting an easy ride and ended up actually doing your job?

At the point of signing up did you really believe there were no possibilities of this happening? You signed up and agreed to service voluntarily. Just because it wasn't what you expected doesn't make t a covert draft.

I was literally forced into a job I didn't agree to, and no, I had no idea that was possible. It was a breach of contract.

You remind me of a radio operator I knew who was horrified when he was assigned to a grunt unit. Told me that he was unhappy because "he might die." If you didn't come to terms with the possibility of seeing combat before joining, then that is your mistake. Anyone with knowledge of military history can tell you that there's been plenty of times where those who were supposed to be "in the rear" had to do their part and fight. What, did you think they just taught you how to shoot in boot camp for laughs?

>I was literally forced into a job I didn't agree to
When you join the military, they own your ass and everything about it

I've signed an enlisted contract for a non-combat MOS (2831 TRC 170 technician). Nowhere in it does it say that you will not have to face combat. In fact, the day you signed your contract at MEPS and shipped out for basic training, you had to recite the oath of enlistment:

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

It doesn't take deep reading comprehension to understand that your oath obligates you to fight. The only person who played you is yourself, by being too dense to understand what you were doing.

That greentext example sounds like a completely legitimate conplaint.

Good luck.

Kek. I can't wait for you to join and realize just how much time your poor ass is going to spend cleaning. You're gonna enjoy your time on active duty with the rest of us.

you should have joined the air force.

This general kind of shit is why I pay taxes.

Faggots getting all kinds of reality checks up in here.