en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia
youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Global capitalism

This.
>30 years ago
THE FREE MARKET WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING

>Now
OMG MUH JOBS! GOVERNMENT! HELP ME PLEASE! SAVE ME FROM COMPETITION!!!

That Persian governor who destroyed Genghis Khan's trading caravan, and then killed his ambassadors who came to peacefully resolve the situation.

No one, in the entire history of humanity, has fucked up harder than that guy.

Dunkirk
>France gets destroyed
>Germany can't finish off the British when they have the chance because they get stuck in essentially a glorified traffic jam
>Italians get BTFO by the French who are already being destroyed and outnumbered
>British Military runs away after the first skirmishes, sits on a beach the entire conflict and are saved by fishermen, then proceed to hide on their Island until USA joins

This thread isn't "The biggest successes in history"

>HANS YOU ARE HOGGING ZE ROAD! ZE ENTIRETY OF ZE BRITISH MILITARY EES SITTING ON A BEACH DEFENSELESS REICH NOW! MOVE OUT OF ZE WAY!
>*honks Panzer*

Every time

Sauce?
>biggest " JUST" in history
& Humanities

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia

>>Genghis then sent a 500-man caravan of Muslims to establish official trade ties with Khwarezmia. However Inalchuq, the governor of the Khwarezmian city of Otrar, had the members of the caravan that came from Mongolia arrested, claiming that the caravan was a conspiracy against Khwarezmia.

>>Genghis Khan then sent a second group of three ambassadors (one Muslim and two Mongols) to meet the shah himself and demand the caravan at Otrar be set free and the governor be handed over for punishment. The shah had both of the Mongols shaved and had the Muslim beheaded before sending them back to Genghis Khan. Muhammad also ordered the personnel of the caravan to be executed. This was seen as a grave affront to the Khan himself, who considered ambassadors "as sacred and inviolable."[7] This led Genghis Khan to attack the Khwarezmian Dynasty. The Mongols crossed the Tian Shan mountains, coming into the Shah's empire in 1219.[8]

>>In the ensuing war, lasting less than two years, the Khwarezmid Empire was destroyed.

JUST

Jesus tap dancing Christ. Who can fuck up this badly?

>what are they gonna do, invade me?
[quote from man invaded]

>The shah had both of the Mongols shaved
JUST

Kind of agree. Capitalism is the best system, only retarded gommies disagree. But it only works out best for the workers when everyone is competing on equal ground, not when some slave in China can work for a dollar a day and undercut everyone.

The sack of Baghdad is one of the worse massacres in history. They burnt down the house of wisdom, killed a majority of the population and trashed the complicated irrigation system they'd developed so bad they never could rebuild it.
The shah tried to run and they chased him all the way to the shores of the Caspian Sea.

Made me laugh out loud. 10/10

Fall of Soviet

The guy didn't go down like a bitch though.
Even as the entire city was conquered he was throwing bricks from the top of the citadel at the mongols.

t. Cracked.

Khwarezmians have all the right to be suspicious: they too were a steppenigger dynasty.

What is it with the mongols that made them so damn good at everything?

a JUST punishment for fucking their cuts up

>but it only works out best for the workers if...

Does it matter?

>What is the biggest "JUST" in history?

Barbarossa amassing an army 100,000 men strong to kick some saracen ass, only to fall of his horse and drown in six inches of water, 99% of the way to Palestine, leading to his army dispersing for good without doing any fighting whatsoever.

This makes me so mad. This man literally sacrificed everything to save the people from tyranny and this is how he is repaid for his efforts a hundred years later. Pathetic.

Bolivia

>What is the biggest "JUST" in history?

>No one, in the entire history of humanity, has fucked up harder than that guy.

False.

youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg

Baitimus Maxiumus

Cengiz didn't do anything wrong here, even today the same thibg would have happened.

Not that guy but commies were actually improving russia.
It just shows how incompetent the tsars were.

>muh factories
>muh commie blocks

They were (initially) very meritocratic and had no shortage of good, innovative commanders, were completely devoid of honour (no tactic is too dirty, there is only glory in victory), recruited soldiers from the people they conquered and the terrain suited their method of warfare

Paraguay

didn't the sha flee to an island like a little bitch? or are you talking about the governor in question

myth

>Well @realDonaldTrump, at least I will go down as a president!

>Ooga booga if if if uhh uhh ahh ahh if if if

>Okie doke!

>covfefe

Lets wait and see what the orange clown does. For now he's just a laughing stock of the whole world.

Why does /pol/ scum always have to bring their shitty arguments to other boards?

The weak must fear the str-

>Write letter to mongols to get them to convert to Christianity.
>Spill your spaghetti so fucking hard they go from leaning towards Christianity to basically against it.

>that same frogposter mentioning Dunkirk

Give it a rest already.

>What is it with the mongols that made them so damn good at everything?
They weren't good at everything?

They never figured out how to fucking run a navy. They were shit bureaucrats who despite adopting meritocracy, paid more attention to your race and your clan within Mongol society.

In the end, the Mongol Empire is a typical Flash-in-a-pan Nomadic empire that was gone within a century. Its only difference was it was big.

They're just eternally buttmad that while the British were on their island "waiting for the USA" (disregard the battle of Britain, North Africa etc), the French were busy serving them coffee and opening their legs to every German soldier who asked for it.

There was a resistance though, which means occasionally they'd serve a slightly stale croissant or fake it.

>bombing Rotterdam was a legitimate strategy
>bombing London was a legitimate strategy
>bombing Warsaw was a legitimate strategy
>bombing Dresden and Tokyo were worse war crimes than the genocide of millions of people

>tell us vere ze juden are and no von will get hurt ja?
fuck the french they rolled over in 1940 doing "le tactical" and get ass mad cos the brits didn't go down fighting and saved themselves, lay down and took it for the best part of 4 years and then when the allies came they attack women who had anything to do with the germans

Well it was a JUST for Obama.

kek'd

Why are you such a whiny babby?

Boring.

This is the correct answer. The other ones are major fuck ups, yes, but this is the most humiliating "god hates me" event in all of history.

And then centuries later Germans name their invasion of Germany after him. That's like naming you airplane "The Icarus". You're just asking for trouble.

I mean "invasion of Russia". I'm dumb

Munich treaty

>Lenin supported Ukrainian nationalism against Great Russian imperialism
>Still gets smashed for being Russian symbol

Who cares about territory anyway.

No one, that's who

T. Bulgaria, circa 1913

It's not like contemporary Russians even like him that much. Putin blamed him and his bolsheviks for giving what used to be Novorossia to the Ukraine.

We'll go make that thread if you want

>China's invasion of Japan is "Plan Kubilai"
>Hungary's strategy for reuniting the pre 1918 kingdom is called "Zapolya"
>Italy's flagship is The Cardonna

I don't get it

"Look, I know these guys conquered China at a terrifying pace, but they can't be THAT good at war, right?"

Baghdad was an Abbasid city, not Khwarezmian, so you can't really connect the two.

Can you elaborate? Did a pope fuck up?

Yeesh, I somehow thought the Tlaxcala had tons of troops.

>"let's kill the one important person who will give the Slavs autonomy"

We knew what you meant.

Bulgaria in 1913 would make a strong contender for largest "JUST"
>win Balkan War
>Ottomans reduced to "literally who?" status in Europe
>keep Silistra from Romania even though you promised to give it back to them
>get autistic over Macedonia
>wage war on Serbia and Greece, your allies less than a year ago
>leave North and East unguarded
>Romania and Ottomans invade

>Can you elaborate? Did a pope fuck up?
IIRC one of the popes sent one of the Mongol Khans a letter written under the assumption that he was Prestor John. The Khan got it and thought it was fucking insane

Lame. Way to go Pope Doofus.

to be fair even the most educated people in europe at the time would probably make the same mistake.

The entire logic behind Ferdinand getting shot was that he was too nice. The Black Hand was terrified that everyone could make up and be friends, destroying their agenda, so they had to kill the most moderate man on the enemy side to help them radicalize. The most terrifying opponent for a radical isn't another radical, or an overwhelming enemy force. It's Mr. Rogers. It's someone so nice and sweet that when people see the radical pick fights with them, everyone realizes how goddamn stupid the radical is.

Ethiopia

JUST refers to self-caused problems.

nope, it refers to any sort of situation where individual is helpless and only thing he can do is observe his shit getting fucked

See, I somehow thought the Black Hand were dumbasses and didn't know how moderate Franz Ferdinand was.

F

the way his head pops off makes me smile

>"Look, I know these guys conquered China at a terrifying pace, but they can't be THAT good at war, right?"
Northern China. Genghiz was allied with the Southern Song, while the first Mongol forays into Southern China were halted.

Also the Khwarezmians conquered Persia in their own fast pace as well. It's basically steppenigs measuring out other steppenigs.

Especially if you consider the fact that a generation ago, Mongols were collectively looked down upon by every other Central Asian at the time. Them unifying was like one of the African countries starting to carve out a massive empire at the expense of the Europeans.

The mongol campaigns against Nortthern China under Genghis were on their own and Song China couldnt help at all.

The later campaigns along the Yellow River were aided by the Song

I know. What I'm pointing out is the Mongols didnt conquer all of China under Genghiz.

That was the governor.
The shah was a bitch boi.

Admiral Yi cucking the Japs

Brexit

Ya the millions of dead slavs that starved to death want to have a word with you

The Derg Regime also tore any chance of a successful Ethiopia.

>that was gone within a century.

It lasted longer than the British empire and sucessor dynasties continued for centuries after the official 'khanates' were gone.

That was the Qing, actually. The Pope sent the emperor a letter under the assumption that he could talk to the goddamn Qing Emperor - well into the height of the empire, mind you - like some literally who Christian king. The Qing emperor responded by kicking out his jesuit advisers (whose missionary work was, funny enough, the reason for the pope's letter in the first place) and forbidding any more missionaries from entering the empire.

This misguided soul doesn't understand that's still capitalism working. And it forces comfy Americans to step up their game past bitch boy manufacturing of McDonald's toys and sneakers. It forces us to keep pushing the pace and the envelope of humanity all while ripping Johnny ching chong out of poverty.

Emperor Julian not putting on his breastplate at the Battle of Samarra. If he had lived, Europe would have stayed Pagan and Christianity would've stayed in the Middle East along with all the other backwards religions

>literally screenshotting /pol/

you are the problem

And those starved by the Great war would like to have a word with you.

Veeky Forums is /pol/, little tumblr snowflake.

> Veeky Forums is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/

Too late for that. Trying to control the whole site down to just one board just doesn't work and has never worked. Moot understood that. Let's face it, 90% of the population of every board is pretty much /pol/ influenced. It's futile to try and change that.

but why is /pol/ the only board that is not content with just one board and has to spew shit in countless other boards?

Because /pol/ culture is expanding to the other boards constantly. For example, you have a /tv/ member who visits /pol/ out of curiosity, accidentally gets redpilled and then continues to post on /tv/. Suddenly you hae almost everyone on /tv/ using /pol/ related images and words.

Why? Because /pol/ is the biggest board on this site and the one that gets the biggest amount of exposure from the news and etc. This will never change so you might as well just learn to live with it instead of going against the flow. Your other option is to go back to tumblr where it's exactly the opposite.

Nah, /pol/ cancer should learn to not be triggered from constant btfo's from other board. They are in containment for a reason.

Because /pol/ has been successfully infiltrated by Stormweenies for years now. I used to use /n/ when it was all satire, the wonderful age of pretending to be retarded. Over time Stormfront and other white supremacist sites grasped Poe's Law and that it could be used as a tool. Gradually the target audience for Veeky Forums's news board became people who took it seriously. I find it kind of amusing since white supremacists and other fringe right groups are now targets of Russian campaigns in the same manner. They're turning into shells for foreign interests just like the fringe left used to be.

I have been here for 12 years and I'm not going to be run off by a bunch of kids younger than the site they're trying to shitpost on.

>I have been here for 12 years and I'm not going to be run off by a bunch of kids younger than the site they're trying to shitpost on.
God bless the oldfags who still come here.

>Charlemagne:"Christians cant into banking.It is Jewy and leads to degeneracy."
>Jew gain hold of all banking in Europe and piggy bank the colonialism and revolutions that lead them to effectively seize world power.
>yfw

Keep fighting that good fight user