"Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome"

>"Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome"

I thought the episode he did on child sex abuse was in poor taste tbqh

pretty unlistenable, I've tried at least 4 times to get into it.

Hello, do you have time to talk about Casper mattresses?

>*mellow guitar riff*

AGEEN

AND AGEEN

I liked it. Listened to the whole thing over the course of last month. Guy does his homework, makes reasonable analyses, and admits his errors. He also has flashes of humor that liven things up.

AND AGEEN!

this, his delivery is absolutely fucking sheepish infinitely better

Poor delivery, but I'm listening through it now because it's good enough if you want to know more of the era and people.

He's a bit more subdued but he's comfy to listen to, and he finds his footing after a while.

Mike is patrician tier.Sucks to have shit taste and a limited mental capacity. Brainlet.

Love the occasional nerdy quip

>ywn shave with Harry's razors while watching your kids jump around on your new Casper mattress

His delivery is nice and straightforward, not pointlessly bombastic. Also nice sound quality. Sets him apart from most podcasters and I greatly prefer it.

Re-listening to it. Just went through Constantius II and for whatever reason I got a nice laugh out of every instance of "Ooh, that sneaky Constantius..." or variations thereof.

>Goodbye - this has been... the history of Rome

>TFW No podcast series on the Diadochoi/Hellenistic Period
Feels bad man

I have been thinking of making one. It seems like one of the major eras of history that is overlooked, but I am not nearly knowledgeable enough about the period to do it justice. I think it could be fun to begin with setting out the basics of late-greek civilization, then leading in to a backdrop for Phillip of Macedon, before doing a good number of episodes on Alexander. You could then split off to cover each of the Diadochi in turn, covering each one for a period of a decade or two before moving on to the next one, with some added narrative descriptions of interactions from certain perspectives. I think it could be a really interesting thing to produce, if only I knew more about the period. I know the basics, the broad strokes of Alexander's Campaigns, The Succession of the Diadochi, and the eventual rise of the Parthians in the East and the Romans in the West, but I imagine I'd really need to hone in to specifics for it to do the immense complexity of the time period justice.

go for it. I'd prolly listen to it

I need to find a decent historiography, and to find decent texts concerning the various periods discussed. I'd probably want to start with a description of Macedon after the death of Amyntas, and then move on to introduce the state of Greece via the rise of Phillip.

I'd do a quick run through of mainland Greece first and then focus in on Macedonia, slowing down around the beginning of Phillip's reign

Give it a shot. Although there's the History of Ancient Greece who's supposed to eventually cover Greece all the way up to the Roman conquests, which means he'd probably cover this period eventually.

more like
>lazily picking up and down a single chord

>he was quoted as saying..."THE MONGOL HORDE CAME FROM NOWHERE!!!!"...en-ndd quote."