DID THE COLLEGE VIOLATE THE FERPA LAW

MY MOM WENT TO THE SCHOOL AND THEY TOLD HER I FAILED NOW SHE HATES ME

CAN I FUCKING SUE THEM FOR DISCLOSING MY GRADES TO ANYONE OTHER THAN ME!??!

time for introspection, faggot
I see three possible causes:
a) lazy piece of shit and a dependent household member who enrolled in order to postpone adulthood, not out of motivation to gain knowledge, skills and networks necessary to start a career
b) stupid fuck
you can fix A by reassessing your life choices and set sights on more plebeian endeavors
you can't fix B but can come to peace that you are, in fact, a stupid fuck

They disclosed my father's salary and all his financial data to me too, which is completely illegal and my father was not happy about it.

So, yeah. I think so.

maybe she bluffed and you fell for it

My parents said I should go and ask them why I'd received financial aid the previous year but not this year. So I went in and asked like they said and the people there sat me down and actually wrote down all my father's financial data, like his salary for the past few years, and showed me where he started making more money and so they wouldn't give the financial aid.

Dad was pissed at them.

actually yeah you can. I used to work for a college. NOBODY is allowed to know anything about your grades from the college except you. Doesn't matter their relationship with you.

If they gave her information about your transcript without your permission, that could be a 75k payout. Easily.

to clarify, I used to be a tutor for a college and EVEN telling someone that the person was receiving tutoring, EVEN THEIR OWN PARENTS, without their permission would have made us legally liable and I would have been fired on the spot for legally compromising the school like that.

how do i go about dealing with this? where do i file a complaint? do i go straight to a lawyer?

oh shit, didn't think of this. are you a dependent of your mom? does she claim you as a dependent? If so, they're allowed to tell her.

My school disclosed my penis size to all the girls at school and now not even crypto gains can save me. I hope lambos keep me warm at night.

well i don't live with her but she pays for my phone bill that's about it. i might be claimed as a dependent on her taxes for school loan purposes though. prob fucked now right?

user it does not matter go see a lawyer, those Jews always find a way

That's unbelievably shitty, fucking wow

Were you the user who failed your business class earlier and was offering bitcoins to people who would help you think up a lie?

that's why you don't go to penis inspection day user.

>tfw snuck into the nurses office and doctored the penile dimension data

I always caught the girls looking

tfw your dad isn't a crack addict and you can't afford college anymore

who cares. college is for cucks anyway. i can't tell you how many college grads i see working regular blue collar jobs.

college is a meme your queer studies degree isn't that gud

Not to pick sides here but announcing for three causes and giving only two is the textbook definition of the kind of stuff that a stupid fuck does.

Possibly. At some point there was a form you signed where it was explicitly stated that your academic records could be shared with:
>you
Or
>you and a parent/legal guardian

You need to figure out if this is the case or not.

t. Worked in academic advisory office at university.

Unfortunately I can't remember the specific form we used because I've filled out so many other goddamn forms in the years since. Sorry user. Good luck.

we told you to fess up, brainlet

I have no idea what kind of show they are running where you went, but FERPA is pretty damn serious so it's doubtful that they would make a slip up like that. Then again my boss I worked for in the office was buying up btc at a hundred bucks and hodling for retirement so he was a pretty smart dude IMO

get owned teen frogger