Sargon of Akkad, Alex Jones, Milo, every other alt right "ideologue"

Gibbon on Roman history.
Lysenko on botany.
Ignatiev on the history of "whiteness".

But that's about it.

>sargon of akkad
>alt right
Hue hue

I was gonna say PBS but he works for them, righ?

Every textbook then.

i always see people complaining about this dude but nobody ever talks about a specific video where he said blatantly false shit
i wouldn't even know who this fucker is without Veeky Forums constantly complaining about him

i don't really get th problem Veeky Forums(/pol/) has with this guy? he cites his sources and apart from some revisionism, holds a very commonly accepted view on history

Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins

Hitler

History is not static, you dolt

When we learn about different sources and their biases we can construct new narratives. Our understanding of history is based on the sources left behind, and we have to remove the bias that may be in them to try to figure out what actually went down. This shit is the first thing you learn in any history related program, yet /pol/ losers have such a hard time understanding it. Our understanding of history *can* change, that's what fucking historians do, if it triggers you maybe you should leave the board

Jew

I'm 80% certain he unironically compared Alexander the Great to Hitler. Even the most autistic Iranian nationalists don't do that.

at least link me, i don't want to watch all of his videos just to see if that's true or not

I remember him saying that Great Man historical theory tends to overlook smaller players that did things other than military conquest. Nothing really that controversial.

In Veeky Forumstorical matters
>Erich von Däniken

you wouldn't understand

His brother's philosophy series is actually worse. The guy has made brilliant statements to the effect of "Thomas Aquinas didn't have an argument against polytheism" and "Nietzsche was a nihilist"

This tbqhwy

Is it le epic russian man

Dude, Däniken was fucking based.

really epic, he criticized some ideology on the basis that it was a GNOSTIC SUBMARINE

His videos about European history:
>And of course we shouldn't forget that European owned SLAVES!
His videos about Middle-Eastern history:
>And of course we should remember that Arabs invented astronomy, maths and medicine!

He combats eurocentrism by becoming a islamoboo/africoboo

He could have a defensible position coming from that last perspectives with different arguments and actual understanding of Islamic history. Which he doesn't have.

I think he even once said the Hadiths were regarded as unofficial hearsay by most Muslims. So his understanding of Islam itself is fundamentally wrong.

Not that I'm saying the Arabs straight up invented all those things, like he does

The Alt Right are largely just National Liberals though. And Sargon is definitely that.
Not much different from everyone at Brietbart

ok

Extra history is fine though. They at least keep to facts, don't push an agenda and correct their mistakes after the series.

>He could have a defensible position coming from that last perspectives with different arguments and actual understanding of Islamic history. Which he doesn't have.

no he couldn't. Arabs invented none of those things. In fact arabs haven't invented anything, all they have done is kill

they did NOTHING wrong

At least Extra History actually admits when they make mistakes.

sargon is not alt right
sargon is a hurr durr rational libertarian-civic-nationalist-centrist type that appropriated the more retarded elements of alt-lite culture for youtube views
I need to write a normies guide to the alt-right and alt-light. it seems no one understands it

>Alex Jones
Globalist

What is wrong with Gibbon's works?

So did Dan Carlin.

And you aren't about to start talking shit about Dan Carlin on my Veeky Forums.

>alt-lite
what

what's wrong with them? They make somewhat dramatized accounts but they conform to the facts regardless of any political agenda and they correct their mistakes after every series

More like normal, real right and alt-reddit.
It's sad that the idea people have of the right is just neoconservative globalism, and the actual right wing is now "alt"

John green is a bitch.

wtf i love john green now

suvorov

Literally nothing, hes a triggered christcuck

i fucking hate that faggots voice fuck him hes 100% reddit

Alt-lite values western culture over race

He said the Ottoman turks sacking Constantinople made them responsible for the European renaissance.

Race based politics is the actual right?

>alt right
Retard spotted.

Extra History admits their mistakes, John Green meanwhile defends 'the Greeks should've been conquered by the Persian also muh noble savage' shit to this day.

no, but it should be

>colonisation of America episode
Muh noble savage myth

>Persians and Greeks episode
Greeks were the bad guys Persians who dindu nuffin should've won the war

>the whole fucking American history thing
>hurr durr muh blacks muh women did everything muh FDR

Chomsky

this

>that gay sticker on his computer
he needs to hit the gym if he thinks he can hurt anyone by swinging that macbook at people

How is he inaccurate?

The last couple of years has shown that nothing is better at breeding fascists than the internet.

Maybe he meant that anyone with half a brain forced to use a Mac would kill themselves

everytime i see the "this machine kills fascists" i want to kill myself. Could he not see the direct irony it's too good of a joke?

>nietzsche was a nihilist
>le aristotle was wrong about everything meme

most of these do not present themselves as basic-level educators

>when you're so desperate to be a contrarian you accidentally support the Khmer Rouge

I don't get it.

What americans fail to realize is that they have no reason to be upset about globalism, they have the cultural capital. Globalism to them has no effect on their societies.

Here, we have BK, McDicks, KFC, Dominos, Pizza Hut, and spreading, winning over people from Swedenburgers and kebabs because it's a multinational ""exotic"" chain

Herodotus

My diary desu

Transsexual pls go

>The Haitian Revolutionaries were noble freedom fighters just like the Americans and definitely did not commit genocide.

Given the utter brutality of the French in their slavery practices I really can't blame the Haitians that much for what they did.

I'm not going to cast moral judgements on what they did, but Green doesn't even mention it at all. He skips straight from them winning to the big mean French blockading them for no reason whatsoever.

Come on bro Gibbon was one of the original modern historians
His view of Christianity and how it affected Roman civilization is pretty retarded and people who defend it are generally shitposters or edgelords like

Its not that hard. This guy is publicly, on record, wildly inaccurate and very much so in an irresponsible fashion.

jewish owned Alt Media

really killing infants can be a morally neutral action that is not in need of condemnation if other people wrong the murder?

How about I put it this way. I consider both what the French and Haitians did as horrible things. If you're to condemn the French for what they did you should also condemn the Haitians for the brutality they carried out beyond overthrowing their captors. However, at the end of the day I can see why shit turned out why it did and have some sympathy for the Haitians. They were basically treated like animals and worked to death at such a rate that their lifespan was less than five years after arriving in Haiti.

It's kind of like how you can criticize a school shooter for killing innocent people but still see that he was being treated like shit by certain classmates and he reached the breaking point.

What are you talking about? We all know the founders were pro-immigrant progressives!

>File name
Are you literally a shill? Even Clinton realized that that focus grouped one liner was terrible

Its probably from an article you fucking retard.

Chomky's retarded then because the US supported Khmer Rouge too.

Realpolitik vs unironically thinking they're a group to look up too, long after the US gave up on them.

every single youtube channel that features history in some way

especially channels like historia civilis

Everyone is wrong. Everyone is either too opinionated to not have history be shadowed by their ideas, or are too dim to read history in the first place.

Tariq Nasheed. Seriously, his Hidden Colors series is beyond retarded.

How reliable or accurate is this guy? I've been watching his show for quite a while now to have something on while I eat (I don't own a TV).

What's wrong with believing that Persians should have conquered the Greeks? They were also an IE people with skin complexion fairer than that of the Greeks(just so if any stormfat was wondering) and their laws were more advanced.

fug forgot I was on Veeky Forums

i personally liked his videos but he tends to do that a lot
>no mentions of 30 years war
>whole episode on Mansa Musa going to meccah

>everyone who is against SJWism regardless of actual affiliation is alt right
Please fuck off to neogaf.

It's partially true though. Intellectuals from there fled to Western Europe

He is right and y'all know it

James Portnow is on the level of a history professor when compared to John Green. He's a cunt, but at least he admits when he is full of shit.

That's like saying "the holocaust is the reason Israel exist as a state." It might have partial truth to it but other factors were involved and it certainty doesn't make the Nazis heroes or justify the holocaust.

this

and yes the holocaust is the reason Israel exist as a state as a well

Herodotus was telling an entertaining story. John green is indoctrinating millions of normies for shekels.

How about address
> It might have partial truth to it but other factors were involved and it certainty doesn't make the Nazis heroes or justify the holocaust.
?

>History professor rolls in an iMac
>Turns on John Green

times you knew it's gonna be a great class

>This Machine Kills Fascist
What did he mean by this?

Did you know that the original Rus weren't scandinavians? Thanks John Green
youtu.be/etmRI2_9Q_A?t=55s

Here you go >Rus couldn't have been vikings because RUSsians don't speak swedish
Fucking amazing

it's a nod to some communist folksinger that had it scrawled on his guitar