Ancient Egyptians

Why do some people think they were white? or even levantine, when all evidence points to their culture originating at the base of the Nile and spreading north from there. Most Egyptians couldn't even grow full beards.

>inb4 DNA from post invasion mummies, that don't represent the majority of ancient Egyptian population ethnically or its origins.
>look at the older mummies and the origins of Egyptian style mummification.

It's not right for Arabs to we wuz Egyptians. Let Nilo-Saharan and semetic(ethiopoid) people's have their heritage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-62EYQHcWFA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one cares fuck off

>Why do some people think they were white? or even levantine, when all evidence points to their culture originating at the base of the Nile and spreading north from there. Most Egyptians couldn't even grow full beards.

Why do black people keep trying to claim Egyptian culture without trying to emulate it?

I'm crazy about Ma'at.

youtube.com/watch?v=-62EYQHcWFA

Black people aren't trying to claim Egypt. Indigenous Egyptians are black.

>Black people aren't trying to claim Egypt. Indigenous Egyptians are black.
This is such an american thing to say.
Do you realise how broad the term "black people" is? How many different ethnic groups there are in Africa? How can a group of people claim the achievements of another people simply because they share skin colour?
>inb4 b-but europe and rome...
Europeans claim a connection with Rome, because European civilisation is derived from the Roman civilisation, not because of similar skin pigmentation.

I'm not trying to claim anyone's achievements I'm just stating a fact. I never said that American blacks re related to East African blacks.

The Roman comparison is apt. Ancient Egypt is to black people at large, what Rome is to white people at large.

The difference there is that every "white" nation (at least the European ones) can trace its roots back to Rome. The same can't be said of "black" nations and Egypt.

It would be different if Egypt at one point or another controlled most of Africa (In the same way that Rome controlled most of Europe), but it didn't. Until after colonization, most africans (not counting those in america) wouldn't even have known Egypt existed.

>Ancient Egypt is to black people at large, what Rome is to white people at large.
I doubt this, I rarely hear of black people claiming a Egyptian cultural heritage. White people often claim a European cultural heritage, which is to a great extent derived from Roman culture.

Egypt and the Nile region did not exist in a bubble. It was a dominant force in east Africa, and it's influence was widespread across Africa as a whole.

Most black people don't claim Egyptian/Nile cultural heritage, unless they are from the Nile region itself which would be correct. Ethiopoids Sudanese, Nubians, etc. are to black people, what Italians are to white people. You wouldn't have someone from Senegal claiming Nile heritage, just as someone from Norway shouldn't be claiming roman heritage.

>The difference there is that every "white" nation (at least the European ones) can trace its roots back to Rome.
Not that guy, but it doesn't sound like he's contesting that. Also, how does Sweden trace its roots back to Rome?

>Egypt and the Nile region did not exist in a bubble. It was a dominant force in east Africa, and it's influence was widespread across Africa as a whole.
Oh I don't doubt Egypts influence, I just question if their influence had enough long term effect on the people of Africa as a whole, for say African-Americans to be able to claim Egyptian cultural heritage.

>Also, how does Sweden trace its roots back to Rome?
While Sweden was never part of the Roman Empire, it was influenced (Government, Law, Alphabet, Religion) by it in similar ways as other European countries, even if it happened indirectly (by other European states). And during the Renaissance and the enlightenment, Sweden like many other European countries tried to "reconnect with the Romans", even if they never had that direct connection to begin with. This goes for the rest of Northern Europe and the East as well.

Pick related is Swede who proposed that Sweden was Atlantis and the cradle of western civilisation. While a ludicrous proposition, it does show that the Swedish intellectuals of the time considered Sweden to be at least connected to the Roman and Greek cultural heritage in the same way the rest of Europe was.

Egyptians were never white, they are the same race as arabs and jews collectively.

>While Sweden was never part of the Roman Empire, it was influenced (Government, Law, Alphabet, Religion) by it in similar ways as other European countries, even if it happened indirectly (by other European states).
Acceptable answer.

I never said black Americans can claim ancient Egyptian achievements. They are not even part of the discussion, however most ancient Egyptians and even modern Egyptians would be considered "black" by western standards.

Modern Egyptians are ethnically mixed, and Egypt has almost always been a multicultural society. With that said its origins are clearly from the BASE of the Nile which would be "black".

nubians black libyans white Egyptians brown you can all go fucks yourselfs and die now
/thread

>I never said black Americans can claim ancient Egyptian achievements
Then I misunderstood you, when you said
>Black people aren't trying to claim Egypt. Indigenous Egyptians are black.
I thought you were talking about African-Americans (As terms like "Black people" and "White people" are mostly used in America, in Europe we prefer to state nation of birth instead, "Englishman", "Kenyan" etc)

>most ancient Egyptians and even modern Egyptians would be considered "black" by western standards.
Absolutely

swedes were in the roman army, both byzantium and west

Fuck off. People from both Upper and Lower Egypt are clearly Caucasoid, no matter how much cherry picking and black washing you do.
All Dark Skin People =/= Black.

You have to remember they dyed there skin to "look golden" to be more like the sun god rah.
Most were light-skinned. And hated black people.
There is also the fact they painted hieroglyphics darker red and brown to show anger in kings. So of course someone could misconstrue them being Arabs or blacks.
>a lot of the mummies were redheaded and had Caucasian features.

There are lightskinned black people.

Those are post invasion mummies, and do not represent the majority of the populace. Look at ancient Egypts earliest mummies.

They make clear racial distinctions.

That's a Hittite nice try though.
There are two different kind of ancient Egyptians
the upper and lower
One was very pale the other was darker but by no means we're they black more like suntanned.
The red skin there is because a king is conquering. There are others where there shown white.

WE

She looks sexy.