Entrepreneur books

Honestly what's a good entrepreneur / business book? Almost all books are 200 to 600 pages of ''motivational quotes'' like "durr seize opportunities through your contacts" "hurr the best way to make sure that lucky things happen is to make sure a lot of things happen."

Not to mention most of those cunt that wrote the books are from Silicon valley and like to talk about their inner circle.

Complete full of shit that doesn't contribute to advancing anyone's career.
What's a good book that IS useful and will contribute to my career?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/review/show/1280456455?book_show_action=true&from_review_page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kneepads faggot

I've never read a self-help book that wasn't a scam, it's always just some faggot doing self-promo or making more money on book sales. The way to success is hard work, brains, a good idea, and being a kike helps.

/thread

Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco

Funny I was just reading the reviews about that book. They say the first half is shit but it gets better afterwards.

like this faggot said it, the only good books for finance are non bullshit hard maths books, the ones that are usually boring as fuck and brainlets tend to flee from

Yeah, maybe.
I enjoyed every part of the book.
He basically described the 3 wealth speed lanes of the society with math formula and discussions
1. Sidewalkers
2. Slow laners
3. Fast laners

The second half of the book tells you the steps how to change lane to the Millionaire fastlanes.

can you tl;dr the three types for us?

Sure? someone is a bit pissed about it.

goodreads.com/review/show/1280456455?book_show_action=true&from_review_page=1

Download link please

Dan Pena

Rich dad, poor dad was ok I guess

millionaire next door
random walk down wall street

Sidewalkers: worried and don't do nothing. Have lots of savings and don't invest/take chances because they are scared to lose money
>NEETS, people stuck in dead ends jobs, people who stick their money under their matress, and buy gold bars

Slow Laners: Work 9-5 jobs and invest in Mutual Funds, rely on their job for income, will be rich when 60+ if they stay consistent
>essentially wagecucks/redditors that are 'smart' with their money

Fast Laners: Build businesses and grow their wealth by adding value to the assets they manage instead of collecting their weekly paycheck.
>Veeky Forumsnessmen

Yeah this book is unpopular among Redditors and Nihilists because it goes against their philosophy that the only way to get rich is to get experience and play by the rules. People who actually get rich don't care about status, certifications, and doing things by the book. Veeky Forumsnessmen ride or die.

thanks for the reply

>disclaimer: I'm a NEET at the moment, so I haven't applied what I've learned in the "real world" and can't vouch for their veracity. In other words my advise is on par with everything else here.

>How to Kill a Unicorn
The title refers to not coming up with solutions to client problems that require a perfect storm to achieve.
Even though it's just a puff piece for this dude's consultancy. It gives you a bunch of case studies where they aligned resources to new market opportunities.

In other words, it's not self-help. If you read this, you will get a litany of questions you can ask and problem solving techniques how you can leverage a company's resources to create new market opportunities.

>Principles - Ray Dalio
The first third of the book is basically how to create a "machine" which is really his word for the cyclical process you intend to employ to achieve your goals. This method can be applied to your life goals, but also is very useful in problem solving within a company (why are our deliveries late? What's the root cause? Who is responsible? What attributes do they have that are causing the root cause? Who is better versed in this issue than me who has an answer? etc.)

The idea is that if the process doesn't give you improved results you go through his methodology again to see where the "machine" failed, eventually it will actually become a method of streamlining an already fine functioning machine.

The rest of the book is a bunch of management principles, problem solving techniques, and rules that govern how they identify market trends. Too exhaustive to TL;DR here. But basically it's always about "maintain objectivity".

>The Innovator's Paradox
I haven't actually read it, but whenever I hear Clayton Christensen speak I'm impressed. The Innovator's Paradox is basically summed up by Henry Ford "if I asked my customers what kind of car they wanted, they'd say they'd just want faster horses".

thanks for that.

How did you read Principles? Doesn't it release in a month?

This is why 90% of the books I read are by billionaires. No matter how many books they sell, it won't put a dent in their net worth.

Clarity is usually much lower though.

>books by billionaires
Do you have any suggestions?

they were forced to release it as a free PDF to overcome bad publicity, because the New York Times made the contents of it to be like a cult instruction manual.
>"Ruthless Transparency" I guess
Now that Dalio is stepping down from Bridgewater he's getting it expanded and published. Not sure how much will be different. Probably more autobiography?

See above. But eager to hear what the guy you're replying to suggests

Business studies for dummies
Introduction to marketing
Accounting for for non finance students
Accounting/book keeping for dummies
Personal MBA
Ten day MBA
How to win friends and influence people
A cheap used textbook on organisationally management