For atheists

For atheists,
what is the point of being "virtuous" if you're not gonna get any personal reward for it? like what's the point of giving charity to some random african organization if you're not gonna win anything?

what's the point of not cheating and stealing at every chance you get?

M8, even in Christianity, you're not supposed to be virtuous for personal gain.

Because I don't want to perform such anti-social behaviors. I have a belief in the intrinsic dignity of the human person, and want to uphold it for its own sake, not out of fear of punishment.

Seems like a spook senpai

Virtue will make the only life (we know of) a good one.

fyi if you're only being good for a return, then you haven't truly accepted Christ into your heart

Ask Socrates. Why would you want to be a worse person? Do you also want to be stupid and weak? Your own character is all you really have.

It feels good because I have empathy just like most of us and it confers better rewards in the long run for my offspring. It also helps me justify universal rules of helping the needy that could help me (or my offspring) in unforeseen circumstances. Being virtuous, even in small doses, is one of the things separating us from dysfunctional third world countries.

Why the fuck people always think about "aid for Africa" organizations as an example of doing good?! those organizations dont even have a positive effect for the people in the receiving end.

>all these spooks

Good god Stirnerfags are obnoxious.

to maintain order in a society you nihilistic piece of shit

>what is the point of being "virtuous" if you're not gonna get any personal reward for it?
You're not being virtuous if you're doing it for the reward, user, so your question doesn't make any sense in the first place.

So I don't spend my finite and limited time living in a shithole.

Shut the fuck up, retard.

So what?
#NotAllSpooks

This. Not a fuck am I going to give my money to some anonymous organisation to take somewhere I can't fucking see. I'm already in Africa, and I when I do charity work I do it with my own two hands for a cause that I know is going to have a positive effect in the community in the long run, for the sake of my offspring. Also generally being "virtuous" is a good idea because people like virtuous people.

There's nothing more pleb-tier than stirner.

There's nothing obnoxious about pointing out that doing something "just for the sake of it" or "(insert social construct here)" is a spook.

>society
nobody really gives a shit, there's criminals and dicks all around the globe yet society is still maintained

>what's the point of not cheating and stealing at every chance you get
It's hard to be a habitual cheater. You will eventually be caught. It's optimal to go through life whilst cheating as little as possible.
As for stealing, I do steal every chance I get. I download music and books and use an adblocker on MSM news sites. But I only do so because I know that nobody cares about this form of petty thievery and I will never be caught.

this.

Myself.

>he follows religion for a reward
This is why Christianity is dying

Because you feel like it?

It really is sad to see all these people who think God owes them something, as if they were in a position to make demands.

Gratitude is the least felt of all human emotions, and this generation thinks the gift of life is a curse.

Honor?

spook.

Helping people feels nice, an old lady told me god is gonna reward me in heaven so I win either way.

I dont really believe in a personal god but I believe spooks are good for all of us. So I serve spooks because spook-servants get shit done.
Also social system raise productivity which raises living standarts which raises the brief experience you get on earth before you die and return to nothing.

...As opposed to Dog?

>There's nothing obnoxious about pointing out that doing something "just for the sake of it" or "(insert social construct here)" is a spook.

You literally cannot perceive the world without social constructs. Even the language you use to post is based on master morality and has meanings which are socially determined. You can point out how some people fetishize their constructs but acting like the oh so enlightened nihilist is fatuous.

She was wrong.

You received your reward here on earth; her gratitude. So, no reward in heaven, especially if you're not a born again Christian and will never get to heaven in the first place.

The same could be said of Christianity since works play no part in being saved.

People will remember it.
People may learn from it.
People may improve on it.
The world becomes a better place to live.
You may or may not be alive when it's better.
Your children may.

>what is the point of being "virtuous" if you're not gonna get any personal reward for it?
Somebody else I want to help benefits? If nobodies benefiting its not virtue

>like what's the point of giving charity to some random african organization
There's not

This

I don't want to, its that simple. What you interpret to be motivational vices are more like excuses to live. Better to live without an excuse.

This has been asked and answered a million times already. Why not check the archive? At least lurk the board for about a month before posting you absolute fucking subhuman. There is absolutely no reason to have this thread every day.

I feel sad when I hurt people or do bad things my mind has a moral code even if I not agree she makes me feel bad for stealing, liying or being an asshole in general the guilt kills me

So you are not good just because you will get into paradise or because you fear that you will go to hell if you do something bad? A reward in the afterlife is still a reward. But that´s fiction.

only unspooked here

Damn OP. What's it like to be a brainlet?

Um. As Christian, I'm pretty sure Jesus wants you to be good for the sake of being good and not because you get a treat like a dog.

If you don't really love being good simply to be good and not care about going to heaven, then you aren't a good Christian. In fact, you probably won't get into heaven if that was the only reason you were following the teachings.

It's just being a decent human being you sociopath

Dunno user, what is it?

>for believers
>what is the point of being "virtuous" if you are gonna get some personal reward for it?

Still, shitty questions make great baits.

Because I'm not a completely selfish dick, you psychopath.

>Cannot perceive the world without social constructs

It's not about perceiving the world without them, it's about realizing how flimsy they are and will fall in the face of adversity. Zizekfag here. Much prefer the term pure ideology. Honor, intrinsic value, and human rights are pure ideology but that doesn't make them bad. Just don't rely on them to keep people virtous when shit hits the fan.

Why do I try to be a virtous person? I dunno if I'm virtous, but I've become much happier by being a decent person than the nihilistic asshole I was in highschool.

I don't know. How did the Chinese do it for 5,000 years?