If black Americans are referred to as African-Americans, then why aren't white people referred to as European-Americans?

If black Americans are referred to as African-Americans, then why aren't white people referred to as European-Americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u0itzW8Siqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White people is referred as European in Europe.
As there is not white people in America they dont need any term.

Because blacks aren't real Americans

Part of it is that the census definition of "white" is so damn broad it includes everyone who's Hispanic (aka Native American), North African, Middle Eastern, and South Asian.

But the average black American is more deeply rooted in America than the average white American. They are literal descendants of the founding fathers.

The Founding Fathers weren't black

"African-American" is a meme invented by al sharpton in the 1980s. It's technically accurate though even if it's born out of PC censorship.

Logically speaking, Whites in America should be called European Americans.

Black Americans average 30% European, which mostly comes from colonial land owning whites. The founding fathers had a ton of mulatto children essentially fathering the first generations of black Americans.

White people were "default" americans up until the 90s. By 2050 thanks to demographic shifts they'll probably be referred to as "old" Americans or something.

It amazes me that there are people who have the will to visit a history board without the knowlage to understand this joke

But African Americans are also part European.

America created the "one drop rule" sediment so most Blacks identify as Black. I'd just call American Blacks Mulattos and be done with it.

He didn't invent it retard

But they aren't even mullatos at all and people completely fuck the %mixture up on top of completely not understanding it at all.

Why is mullato considered offensive?

Jesse Jackson did. And black boomers, stupid as they are, didn't object to this bastardizing stupidity.

Some are mulattos some are griffes, with parents and grandparents etc. that are a whole mishmash of mixtures, usually getting whiter the further back they go. Statisticians usually lump African immigrants in with ethnically American blacks skewing their admixture percentages down a bit, but on average they stand at about 30% euro not including actual African immigrants.

Because it's related to "mule" and it makes them sound like animals. It's useful, but I can kinda understand why people don't like it.

If you build something you get to choose your own name

>inb4 slaves picked cotton therefore they built america

We get the joke it is just stupid

Saying all niggers are the descendent of a few guys because some of them had sex with their cleaning/farming equipment and had bastard half castes is just silly

>We

Anything that implies you are black is offensive because no-one wants to be black

nigger
coloured
half caste
quadroon
octaroon
mulatto
meszisto or whatever it is

no one is upset being called cracker even though it is a literal racial slur because being white isnt something to be ashamed of (unless you are an SJW)

Coloured was the "nice" word and it became offensive

African-American is in the process of becoming offensive now, Morgan Freeman for example wont let people refer to him as it

Whatever word comes next will be offensive too because no one wants to be associated with black people, even black people

WUZ

Tell that to beaners. They all bitch about us naming our country "America", as if we somehow knew they would all become independent immediately after us.

"Joo arnt da only nation in da Americaz holmz!"

We know that Pedro, fuck off.

FOUNDAZ N SHEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIT!

Mixed people have a sorry lot in life. Neither group really accepts them, and they don't fit in with each other either.
youtu.be/u0itzW8Siqg

Yeah I know a few mixed people and they all have real deep issues with themselves

I saw a guy at uni hit himself and call himself a white nigger for like 3 minutes with tears streaming down his face before going to his room and locking the door

Im autistic obviously so I just sat by in silence

Most white Americans are Ellis island immigrants.

But it is true though.

African-american is out dated, we have mostly gone back to Black-American

the logic is, "I'm not African I'm not from Africa, I'm an american that is black"

Ironic that African Americans have had their ancestors living in the US longer than most white Americans

>Anything that implies you are black is offensive because no-one wants to be black
Nope.
I'm black and all the black people I know would rather be just called black then the condescending shit liberals come up with.

I thought I reported this thread already.

Reminder to those who want to cleanse Veeky Forums from modern politics.

Click the arrow next to the post number and click reply and do rule violation.

Except European Americans ancestors came here voluntarily most of the time.

They are some times although the only note worthy person I've seen use the term is David Duke but that might carry with it some negative connotations. I myself use it sometimes and people don't seem to mind,

That doesnt change that whitey built it

What about the concept of a smaller number of people in the past being related to a larger number of people in the future sounds silly to you?

I'm a mixed person and the only time I ever went through a identify crisis was high school and got over it ever since then.

>Ancestors came through Ellis Island
>Have no genetic relationship to Founding Fathers
>Get to have credit for building America
>Black guy with who has ancestors that have been here since the founding of America
>Slaves contributes to the economy to the point a civil war was fought over them
>Doesn't get to claim credit for helping to build America
Ok.

Elon Musk is african american

Because they are the majority

>white people build something
>white people get credit (even some unrelated ones)

>black people dont build something
>black people dont get credit

I can see why you are confused, this is very complex

>seven core founding fathers
>maybe 55 if you want to just count every guy who joined
>less than half of which actually owned a single slave
>somehow produced almost 40 million offspring or even any significant percentage of that

The silly part is the numbers, if you wernt trolling

40 million is how many black people are now in the US, Just to clarify

It's not that silly considering that those few founding fathers that owned those slaves probably vreeded the hell out of them assuming they weren't breeded down the line.

Because white americans do not have a complex about their nationality

He's South-African American. Technically English American.

white americans usually know their specific european heritage and we can therefore refer to them as irish americans, italian americans, etc.

black americans who aren't recent immigrants can't be identified with a specific african nationality, so we have to go with the more generic term.

>America replaced class with race

So is america a crypto fascist state? Putting aside taht they have no real past tradition to cling to.

That definitely happened

You don't want us to realize our birthright

I have to say the opposite is true.