How comes Cleopatra is remembered as one of the most beautiful women in history when Charles II was left retarded and...

How comes Cleopatra is remembered as one of the most beautiful women in history when Charles II was left retarded and disfigured after some comparatively light incest?

Other urls found in this thread:

historyofcosmetics.net/cosmetic-history/cosmetic-in-ancient-rome/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litotes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Look at the dog breeds afficionados consider to be beautiful. They are all inbred to be near the point of biological extinction, yet they are not.

Delicious brown skin

The bar for beauty was a lot lower back then aswell, same as height, athletic skill, intelligence etc. etc.

>The bar for beauty was a lot lower back then aswell, same as height, athletic skill, intelligence etc. etc.
Are you kidding? Compared to the troglodytes today those people would be gods.

Morphological genetics isn't as deterministic as you think it is.

She got lucky maybe?

Maybe, unlike the Habsburg, the Ptolemaic practiced eugenic/baby killings.

Incest isn't that bad so long as it isn't Mother/Son or Father/daughter. Don't be fooled by the memes.

incest isn't a surefire way to make retard goblin children.

Cleopatra could've been lucky, and Charles II unlucky.

Cleo wasnt very pretty tho, but she was a learned woman and men though she was interesting.

Incest defect gene comes with probability. Like a dice roll. Even if heavy incest, its still a dice roll and you can still get off free.

>manlets
>lead based cosmetics
>shitty dental hygiene
>disfigurements like club foot and smallpox scarring
>women are all flabby because attractive women aren't expected to exercise to keep themselves toned

Ancient people would cream their pants at modern camwhores, but nobody would really give a shit about ancient """beauties""".

her beauty was born from her intelligence and charm, not being a semen demon. She probably looked FAIRLY normal for being inbred, she got lots of powerful men to fuck her and have kids with her so I doubt she was revolting.

You're conflating different time periods together. lead based cosmetics didn't exist in the Roman Empire. Likewise dental hygien was better than it is now because people didn't eat as many sugars and they did means to brush teeth and freshen breath.

*did have.

That's really what it comes down to at the end of the day.

Cleopatra was actually hideous. Her being beautiful is a meme because of how collectively gay the west is for Caiser.

>lead based cosmetics didn't exist in the Roman Empire
wrong
historyofcosmetics.net/cosmetic-history/cosmetic-in-ancient-rome/

I will grant you that dental hygiene thing though. I forgot that they don't eat as much sugars and they did brush.

>using that coin to gauge an accurate profile

>For her beauty, as we are told, was in itself not altogether incomparable, nor such as to strike those who saw her; but converse with her had an irresistible charm, and her presence, combined with the persuasiveness of her discourse and the character which was somehow diffused about her behaviour towards others, had something stimulating about it
>For her beauty, as we are told, was in itself not altogether incomparable, nor such as to strike those who saw her
>I swiped left

t. plutarch

This. Hot Cleopatra is a historical meme.

Their bread was rougher and coarser and they ate more fibrous vegetables, leading to greater wear on their teeth.

That's a far cry from "hideous."

>was in itself not altogether incomparable

I feel like there's a better way to translate this into English that doesn't strain at the double negatives. It's an interesting quirk of the Latin language.

Incest does not always imply defects.
It is just drastically more likely. A recessive allele that's naturally only found in 1/1,000,000 people randomly is more likely to show itself when both lineages of the progeny have been shown to have it. The more you inbreed, the likelier it is to be passed down.

This chance virtually halves (but not exactly. They COULD randomly carry it) with each parent that comes from outside the inbred family.

Inbreeding will be statistically most likely to rear its ugly head 3-4 lines of pure inbreeding (purebred?), especially when it's extremely close like brother/sister or father/daughter and then those progeny all inbreed only with one another.

I think it's less the double negatives and more that it's translated word-for-word, so it comes off as incredibly formal and stuffy.

It's a commonly used stylistic form in English and several other languages.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litotes

Cleopatra wasn't Egyptian racially, she was Greek.