Bad art

MODS ARE ASLEEP POST BAD ART

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOrh1PqyhLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where are the snails and rabbits?

someone post the picture of the knights fighting the snail. I lost mine.

This one?

no, but I found it on google

Is this a scene from a biblical plague?

So why the fuck they painted stuff like these?

memes

They're doodles by bored monks drawn in the margins of bibles.

Fuck off, cancer

no u

It's a "let's ignore that these are almost entirely book illustrations that are only a few centimetres in size and just laugh that they aren't the same as Old Master art" episode.

Go back to the monastery Francis

It's also a "only monks were involved in book production" episode

He is right though. A lot of these pictures were drawn just for giggles

Yes, and it's easy to just say that instead of being newfag cancer and using the word meme for everything like a Facebook teen.

why so buttblasted, friend? you're a big boy, you figured out what I was trying to say.. just chill, enjoy the summer :^)

Not necessarily. They weren't making these manuscripts for fun. They were commission pieces for paying customers, containing what the customers asked for.

Snails would eat the paper that monks wrote on. Rabbits would steal from their gardens. This is why monks would always make little doodles of these guys as being antagonistic.

>always

It's like 4 manuscripts out of thousands.

I thought we were laughing at the content of the art, not the style.

Wouldn't that get them in trouble I mean papper or rolls wouldn't be cheap I think

>Hating on medieval art

For what purpose?
youtube.com/watch?v=lOrh1PqyhLA

How to draw Manga: 1250 Edition

But seriously, this is a fascinating collection showing how these workshops probably studied

source? If this is ancient, then it predates plenty of caricatures and comic books using wavy lines to simulate motion.

It's hard to tell when people here are being serious. I don't mean to sound rude but I really can't tell anymore.

What exactly is the swastika commie supposed to be teaching? The others are kind of obvious (here are the proportions of a face, a horse is kind of like a triangle, joints go here and here) but the centerpiece is very confusing