How much of Arabian mythology creeped into Islam?

How much of Arabian mythology creeped into Islam?

From what I see, a lot. Allah seems to be a name of an preexisting deity (his name being a cognate of Arabic word for 'god' just like Zeus' name is a cognate of Greek 'theos'), and all supernatural creatures (like djinns) seem to be taken directly from Arabic folklore.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Ζεύς#Alternative_forms
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well considering Persian culture was sexist as fuck and many Muslim cultures are still sexist as fuck compared to many cultures nonpersian in origin that adopted Judaism and Christianity( which had aspects just a sexist as Islam), I would say a lot.

the Djinn are definitely from Arabic folklore

"Allah" is a contraction of "Al Illah", which literally means "the god". Arab-speaking Christians use the term "Allah" as well.

So's the part where Muhammad rode a sphinx-type creature to the sun.

>"Allah" is a contraction of "Al Illah", which literally means "the god". Arab-speaking Christians use the term "Allah" as well.

So is Zeus, a contraction of *Dyēus-pətēr.

>Well considering Persian culture was sexist as fuck

Really? I thought that Sassanid Persia was a bit better for women. After all, they had a few female rulers, something almost unheard of under Islam.

Yup, it's just a lot more obvious in "Jupiter".

"Zeus" took a similar path to the Germanic "Tiwaz".

the idea of "djinn" is analogous to similar concepts in other religions as well (e.g. demons, asura, hungry ghosts, spirits etc). Have you ever considered the possibility that the reason that Islam acknowledges their existence isn't because of muh influences, but because they actually exist? Their existence is affirmed in just about every major tradition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

>just like Zeus' name is a cognate of Greek 'theos'
that's wrong actually but it is cognate to Latin deus and Sanskrit deva both meaning god in general.

the most obvious thing to me is the continued reverence to (though not explicit worship of) the ka'ba and the black stone

the revere the site not the building

Importance of the Ka'bah (including walking around it), meteorite, the Djinn, the pilgrimage (and ritual sacrifice), etc.

The entire Greco-Roman world called and still calls "god" something along the lines of "deus", "theos" or "zeus", it's really the same word with minor phonetic shifts.
See:
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Ζεύς#Alternative_forms

Romanians even fell back to "zeu" from "deus" somehow.

Apparently, some branches of the Islam allowed women to own property at one point. It is written somewhere in the Quran but not all of them practice it. I really think it is Persian culture. Not all Eras were the same. Some time periods like those under Darius, were super misogynistic. Period after Sassanian too even before Islam.
Remember not all countries practice Islam the same. Thus some Muslim countries had different levels of Persian influence than others.

He's not talking about Persian culture, he's talking about "Persian Culture" after they had been invaded 50 million times over.

t.kurdish subhuman

Lel, I just know the real, ancient persian culture. You know? The stories which revived their nation? The English translation is only about 1200 pages. What is your excuse?

All branch of Islam allow women to own property

Is that supposed to be pic related? I also heard it was the first major religion to do so.

duh, the Prophet was literally an employee of his first wife.

at least they have a culture unlike you biji.

Yes, real actual persians have an actual beautiful culture = my point.

Thank you for conceding, and no, as an Australian I do not have much culture, you are correct there also.

Pic mainly unrelated

allah has 99 names

these 99 names are all previously attributed to arab pagan gods

One of my Muslim friends believes Djinns are literally real and claims she's seen them.

What do I do about this?

Why is Arabian mythology is so much cooler than Islam?

Because Arabian Mythology developed over a long period of time to have all sorts of interesting superstitions and nuances to it, while Islam is one arab's secondhand fanfiction version of an Abrahamic religion, which was then forced upon the rest of the region.

Get better friends.

ask him if he thinks they might be ayy lmaos

Most pagan religions are cooler than Islam or Christianity desu

>if Islam was never developed the Middle East would've remained like in the 1001 Arabian nights

Saying cunt and huffing gasoline seems like high culture to me

Only Judaism can really compete, but that's cuz the old testament and other Jew stories are mostly hardcore you as fuck

Jupiter is "Deus Pitar" Father God

Christian mythology is pretty cool though