>THEY REALLY BELIEVE THIS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
>THEY REALLY BELIEVE THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_organism
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

While I'm not religious myself, the phospho-lipid layers needed for a cell membrane have been demonstrated to form spontaneously.

Life is a complex phenomenon that is the byproduct of simpler phenomenon. Your just a thinking pile of organic acids, user.

do you have an actual critique of any aspect of abiogenesis?

>spontaneous
Spits in the face of determinism.

"This cosmos was not created by gods or men, it was, is and will always be an everlasting fire, in measures being kindled and in measures going out." Herclitus. So he has thought that it was never created, but always was,etc.. That seems plausible to me, because there can´t be a "creatio ex nihilio" Every effect has a cause and every cause is an effect that has a cause too and so on. The postulation of a first cause lacks a foundation. Herclitus induced from what he had experienced and that´s the best we can do.

>With the big bang the universe is created
>The universe goes on to create the big bang that created the universe
>This causality loop continues forever
Is there anything wrong with what I just said?

Never been observed, never been tested, never happened, is absolutely foolish, and violates laws re spontaneous generation.

God created the universe; the cause of the universe's existence is the eternal God, who is not a created being but an eternal being.

You people think you're so smart, but next to God you're dirt.

Besides being utter rubbish and violating at least three scientific laws?

which god are we talking here?

>Never been observed, never been tested
How do you propose we recreate the conditions of early Earth?

>Never happened
Go ahead and prove it, you'll be world famous in no time if you can.

>Violates laws
See above

Literally everything you said is wrong.

Never heard of the Miller-Urey experiments, huh? Because it has been observed and tested, you dunce.

>Scientist says the earth revolves around the sun
>Religious man jails him for life

It takes a long time and lots of evidence to persuade the blinkered.

>it just popped into existence
Maybe you should actually read the article behind that link

Spontaneous doesn't mean "with no cause". Water flows downhill spontaneously.

Your hate against nonbelievers is against the word of your god. And "God created man in his own image", so if i am dirt than god is dirt.

Spontaneus does not mean without any cause or proper circomstance

Copernicus was also a priest

>There are some things in the Universe science doesn't fully understand yet
>This proves my bronze age fairy tale is 100% true and I mean the specific version my specific sect teaches.

Anything else OP?

The bible says the wold is flat,unless you take a very selective interpretation of it.

>take a very selective interpretation of it.
Who doesn't?

>bible says the world is flat

source?

People expecting a rational debate?

-Revelation 7:1 (KJV) "And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth"

Spheres don't have corners, and neither do circles.

Not him, but Revelation 7:1 says

>After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

You funny guy.

Interesting, either Christians are that obtuse to discoveries in the classical era or that sentence is entirely symbolic

>Never been observed, never been tested, never happened, is absolutely foolish, and violates laws
That's also true for ''God did it''.

Never read that he (Yahweh) created Mars.
Overstepping your boundaries a bit?

>I quoted what the opponent said, but with a smug reaction image/laugh track/etc overtop, g-g-g-gotcha!
>I think my theory is the best one simply because it has the most explanatory weight

Guys I have a new theory of everything that can literally explain everything; the root cause of every event ever is gobbledygook. You literally can't prove me wrong, and it's the cause of everything so it has the most explanatory weight and leaves zero holes whatsoever, so you gotta believe in gobbledygook.

seriously, read Popper

FU
DO
RAH

That's so odd.

What are North, South, East and West then?

And how many angels do YOU think it takes to hold back the winds of the earth?

Of course. In a methane environment, in an intelligently designed experiment, they made some scorched alanine.

Alanine is not life.

And nobody followed up their work with any greater success.

There is only one God.

Since you cannot, you must take some different approach, or remain ignorant. Your choice.

Your statement is literally wrong.

>Water flows downhill spontaneously.
Bullshit. The water exists. It does not spontaneously generate and then obey gravity.

We're all dirt, clay in the hands of the potter.

And next to God, the potter, we're all dirt.

You must be looking very hard for hatred to see it there. God made Adam out of dirt, and he has not forgotten that fact.

Did God see God do it?

Then your statement is false.

Circles don't have corners and neither does the Earth lol
gotchya bitch

God created everything that was created, including Mars.

But this argument would be just as good for abiogenesis. If God saw Abiogenesis then it would be real?

I don't think you know what spontaneous means

Water, methane, ammonia, and hydrogen, actually, which was calculated to simulate early Earth conditions. Also irrelevant for purposes of abiogenesis.

>they made some scorched alanine.

And Glycine, and Aspartic acid, and some other stuff

>Alanine is not life.
It's an amino acid, it's self replicating chemically. It's not alive in the cellular definition, but it's easy enough to assemble them into cells, as they are the basic building blocks.

>And nobody followed up their work with any greater success.
Simply wrong, again Check out the Volcanic spark discharge and H2S spark discharge experiments of 2008 and 2010 respectively.

Enlighten me how life spontaneously generated, something disproven by science over a century ago.

It would make God a liar, as He told Moses how he created everything. Job too.

If God is a liar, mankind has no hope. Be careful what you argue for.

Yes, that nothing on earth could breathe, and live.

It's a weak case even for ID, much less for evolution/abiogenesis.

You can think Mother Nature is a crack whore with a bag of magic particles flinging them about the universe at random, if you'd like.

Nothing to stop you from being a fool. Nothing at all.

>haha memes
Popper is a philosopher of science know for his critique of psychoanalysis, not a critique of religion specifically; good job getting triggered just because you were told to read a book.

>Yes, that nothing on earth could breathe, and live.
Completely irrelevant, retard. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_organism

>It's a weak case even for ID, much less for evolution/abiogenesis.
First off, abiogenesis and evolution are two different things

Secondly, it is NOT a weak case for abiogenesis. It directly shows how you can take chemicals, heat them for a week or two, and end up with amino acids.

And you can be a deluded christtard who believes a bunch of inconsistent books are some transcendental truth. Nothing to stop you from being a fool.

You're clearly very confused. You have a god-addled brain. But it's not too late. Throw away the big book of wizards, and think for yourself.

I think that you're just a sad cuckold. I think I'm right about this too.

>Be careful what you argue for.
so you believe in conclusions simply because you would like it more if they turned out to be true?

>hey, my car stopped working
>maybe you popped a tire, user, want to go check?
>if that were true then I'd have to buy a new one user, be careful what you argue for

thanks for admitting defeat

Life could not start on earth under conditions no life could live.

How desperate you are to not acknowledge your own creator.

And how dim to believe the bible is inconsistent in any way whatsoever.

Again, if God lied to Moses about how He created the world, and to Job, then God is a liar and mankind is without hope.

You can play the what if game until you die.

Then horrifying reality will set in.

>Life could not start on earth under conditions no life could live.
But since not all life requires aerobic respiration, it is easily possible for life to start that way. Try again.

>And how dim to believe the bible is inconsistent in any way whatsoever.
You might want to try reading Matthew 1 and Chronicles 3 side by side.

But God clearly lied to Moses when He said that the Mostiatic covenant would be eternal, or He lied to Jesus et al when he said it was abolished, which in turn would involve lying to Ezekiel about the inauguration of the third temple with a sin offering.

To be a Christian necessarily involves believing that God lies to people on at least some occasions.

>2017
>worshipping the demiurge

Go ahead and point out the "inconsistencies" between Matthew 1 and Chronicles 3.

And no, life that arose under ammonia and methane would not live except under ammonia and methane.

>But God clearly lied

Gnosticism

The Mosaic covenant is eternal. So is the New Covenant. So is the Promise to Abraham. More than one thing can be eternal at once.

Aye, the belief that men can be wiser than God.

Foolishness and idiocy can be eternal.

A god that goes down with a chariot

>Go ahead and point out the "inconsistencies" between Matthew 1 and Chronicles 3.

Matthew lists 14 generations between David and Jechonias. Chronicles lists 18. In
the world that the rest of us live in, 18 and 14 are different numbers.

>And no, life that arose under ammonia and methane would not live except under ammonia and methane.
Wrong again. Furthermore, irrelevant, as that whole "extinction and replacement" is a thing.

No, I don't need to cite to any Gnostic texts. You simply cannot reconcile the Old Testament and the New Testament without concluding that God lies on occasion.

Oh, so if the Mosiatic Covenant is eternal and in force, then why does supercessionism exist?

No, foolishness and idiocy end in the lake of fire.

Apollo is not real, no matter what Constantine thought.

I was never a fan of Islam, but I guess I concede your point.

>foolishness and idiocy end in the lake of fire

Reserved for the foolish and idiots that kept following the demiurge.

Still, the question remains: why 41 male ancestors from Abraham to Jesus, rather than the 42 that Matthew 1:17 seems to suggest? The fact is, Matthew does not tell us exactly why he only included 41 names, but again, it would appear that he grouped the names of Jesus’ male ancestors in a manner that would aid in retention of the information. Though commentators have varying ideas of Matthew’s three-fold breakdown of Christ’s genealogy, it seems logical simply to take Matthew at his word. That is, it appears that the writer counted the great King David twice (again, for amplification and memorization purposes). The conclusion of the genealogy is broken down thusly: from “Abraham to David,” from “David until the captivity in Babylon,” and “from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ” (1:17, emp. added). Since David is the only name in the genealogy of Christ that is listed twice in Matthew 1:17, then it would seem logical to conclude that Matthew intentionally counted David twice, thus getting the number 42. [As the most celebrated king in the history of Israel, the Jews would have appreciated David’s name marking an end and a beginning to divisions in Jesus’ genealogy. What’s more, “the numerical value of ‘David’ in Hebrew is fourteen…. By this symbolism Matthew points out that the promised ‘son of David’ (1:1), the Messiah, has come” (Carson, 1994, 8:69).]

Maybe there are different numbers because each man is writing different things to different people.....

That took me 30 seconds to google, btw.....

Jeremiah 8:8
How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

According to the bible, a fallen angel wanted to be God, and his people populate the earth and are the majority.
This fallen angel was to deceive all so they worshipped him.
According to the bible, God is evil as fuck, just like a demon, very unjust, very boastful, very arrogant.

It is very easy to tell what has happened here.

Christians, muslims and jews, all of them worship the devil.

Many heresies exist. Why pick only that one for justification?

Have you read about the despair code?

Reality has been created by demons and we've all been in hell for quite some time.

That the religions were made to give false hope and that anyone genuinely happy is simply a meat zombie made to make those who actually suffer jealous of their happiness.

If you think the devil is God, you're welcome to follow Mohammad to hell.

Yes, people that follow supernatural beings of their own imaginations do end up in a lake of fire.

If it's so easy to see what happened, why are you so wrong?

See
I'm gnostic in this sense, I rarely use the word "demiurge"

I'm not though.

Hi.

There's a god that can pluck you out via gnosis.

Study the bible to recognize the devil as the god people worship.

Maybe you could spend that time googling something that actually answers the objection I raised instead of the one you wanted to answer. I didn't ask why the three lists of 14 only have 41 names between them. why the list given in Matthew goes

> David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Abijah, Asa, Jehoshaphat, Joram, Uziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manesseh, Amon, Josiah, Jechoniah

Whereas Chronicles goes

>David, Solomon, Abijah, Asa, Jehoshaphat, Joram, Ahaziah, Josah, Amaziah, Azariah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh, Amon, Josiah, Jechoiakim, Jechoniah.

Those are different lists.

Have you ever been introduced to Roko's Basilisk?

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk

So, to be clear, you're of dual-covenant theology? How do you reconcile that with Paul's statements that sacrifices no longer need to be brought, or that circumcision no longer needs to be done, even among Hebrews?

No, but I received gnosis, felt god within me, felt time warping, felt lots of divine things and dreamed that I would ascend to heaven.

I believe what I believe because of what I have experienced, not out of blind faith.

Why are you so retarded?

Um. You are aware that experience can be fabricated? I mean that was the whole point of the demon thought experiment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon

I could put DMT in your airsupply and you'd think you'd be talking to god.

Also I have experienced hallucinations due to lack of sleep which had me encounter shadow people. I interpreted their presence as the sign of the dark god who is telling me that everything I was raised to believe was a lie. I too can have experience.

>hallucinations

It's amazing how people keep hallucinating spiritual experiences and none of them hallucinate being in an anime or a videogame.

Hmmmm ... fuck off, Troll.

I've had anime and video game dreams. Mostly about EVE online. I don't do drugs, but I suspect I could easily have an experience related to those topics if I did.

>dreams

So have I, but dreams are dreams and hallucinated realities are hallucinated realities.

Btw I "hallucinated" that a whore in a medic coat asked me to accept the devil or be declared insane and last I checked I'm still living on neetbux, must be hallucinating my entire life.

That's God condemning the takenot of the Jews, not the scriptures. Learn what a scribe is.

You're as wrong as wrong can be on the most important thing in the world. The divinity and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Being wrong on those means that everything you're right about is meaningless.

I mean I've had dreams where I thought they were real. If I was religious I'd probably think a pagan god was talking to me.

As in I could totally see Muhammad having a vivid dream and think angels were talking to him.

Again, because Matthew was not naming everyone, but putting everyone into three groups of 14, for whatever Jew reason he had.

Why he left people out is between him and God.

If you want a comprehensive list, look to Luke, who promised you a comprehensive list. Not to Matthew, who is using genealogy to prove Jesus is the heir of David. David. See? Twice.

The god depicted in the bible is evil as fuck and jesus says to be a little obedient bitch to him.

Also I'm not wrong, if jesus were legit, you could be able to do miracles in his name, and none of you can do such a thing.

So a loving god gives imperfect information to people with low iqs and expects them to make the right decision?

HARD MODE: He allowed 3 competing religions to all claim to be the "one true religion"!

Galatians 4
Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The purpose of the Old Covenant is to show mankind that the demonic gospel, know good and evil and thus be like God, is a lie.

The purpose of the Law is not to make men righteous, but to make men criminals. That's the power of the Law.

I am a citizen of the Jerusalem that is above, brought there by the New Covenant in Christ Jesus, and driven to that by the Old Covenant that proved I was worthy of death.

The Old Covenant was not good, and had nothing to do either with having a relationship with the living God, or the afterlife. It is there to drive a man to despair, and in that despair, to the cross.

Because I tell you the truth, give you light, and you prefer lies, and the darkness?

Seems to me you're the one that's going to be fucking off.

I call bait

You're evil as fuck, and in the darkness of the lanterns that are your eyes, there is nothing but darkness inside you.

Of course you see nothing but darkness.