STEM FAGS ANSWER ME

Why do STEM majors from Veeky Forums think they are superior to businessmen?
Go to Veeky Forums and they are always shit talking businessmen cause they take all the credit for their work

I got I'm an argument and they said mathematicians can be businessmen but businessmen can't be mahematicians thus mathematicians are superior, and them they said they are superior to rockstars as their mathematics built their instruments and rockstars die prematurely, they then concluded mathematicians get he most pussy as they can be engineers and engineers equal steady career equals money.

Like money will do anything when you're Eugene

When the coping is strong

Because Business these days is typically a concentration the lazy and uninspired go into

While a lot of STEM degrees are difficult

I guess the point is business concepts aren't tough to grasp, but you still have to pick up the knowledge

>Mathematicians get pussy

beyond record keeping, true business skill is about marketing(ethereal art) connections and people skills.
stem skills are falsifiable, applicable and testable.

True businessmen are the ones who have the capability to enter and succeed in a STEM field but just chose not to.

The arrogance you find in the STEM fields comes from it's high barrier to entry whereas no such thing really exists for becoming a businessperson. There are shining examples of exceptional businessmen but the problem is the field is clouded out by a ton of fucking idiots and their grandmother's thinking their elite for selling homemade undervalued cookies or some shit.

The true successes in business and in STEM are really one in the same.

t. Independent aaerospace engineer who sells designs and proven concept schematics to European and NA militaries

Typing this shit off a phone right now so you'll have to forgive my shitty spelling

This, and it's oftentimes the case that the real wonder kids realize that your average business degree is trash anyway so if you're going to drop money on an education you may as well pick up a really good technical skill.

Too many idiots think your college degree is merely a badge of what you are, it's just what you decided to get taught by someone else.

>Independent aerospace engineers who sell designs and proven concept schematics to European and NA militaries browse Veeky Forums

I'd say this site attracts oddities

Of course we do. I know people way fucking smarter than me who love coming here either for shits and giggles or to get a rise out of the idiots here. This place is like a mental stress ball we squeeze every now and then.
Also most of us tend to either have lost the ability to care about real world social interaction or are just plain retarded at it so we gave up trying

Because money isn't the only thing in life, user. You can have all the money in the world, but you can't buy the answers to the universe.

You can be successful businessman without any education whatsover, i dont see how is that an argument.

Sci is an incredibly salty board, they hate on engeneers for being successful, they hate on rich people for making money while they waste 6+ years in uni and make peanuts after that cuz they fell for the >300k starting meme.

>Why do STEM majors from Veeky Forums think they are superior to businessmen?
because they know they will have to beg the businessmen for work, praying every day they dont outsource to street shitters.
im sure the feeling of knowing they will not even earn 1/10th of those businessmen hurts even more

The reason STEM and business rarely mix is because most STEMfags are socially retarded or legitimately autistic.

They are tied hard to their beliefs and superiority complex and look past business principles in favor of technical knowledge. They also look down on businessmen in general because their heroes of Silicon Valley started as technical founders. They don't really get to see the faces of management driving the path.

True wealth relies on a solid technical background and being forced into a management position, not because you're a good manager but because you are the only one that can steer the ship.

For many STEMfags with technical backgrounds a transition to management is the last thing they want to do, when it's the only way forward past a certain point. On the contrary, a good businessman will pick up engineering concepts, design principles, and programming skills himself out of necessity, but will rarely have the background to do things alone.

If you want to succeed in the Valley, find an autist and do your best to exploit their knowledge. Of course seem genuine about the whole ordeal.

>not being a stem AND business guy at the same time

applied math fag here,

most of us ended up working in quant or actuarial science (my field). i think the stigma that business people are retards mostly come from the fact that you can't get hired at DE Shaw or 2 sigma without (generally) a phd in math/cs/physics

bingo

Actual Math fag here working in a top 3 bank as an Analyst. Literally everyone here has a bachelors in math/eng/stats/comp sci, then just got an masters of business admin.

When hiring we care more about your IQ then your degree (so long as it's analytical of some sort) because of the nature of the work. For some reason, biz majors don't make that cut so often even though it's their own field.

>high barrier to entry
>high

correction: science and math have high barriers of entry

t. engineer student who regrets everything

Counter-argument: Richard Feynman.
But I still think most mathematicians would not make good businessmen because they are having trouble with subjectivity. Business is only about creating value, and value is subjective.

I'm doing the same shit trough a computer engineering internship.
Not everyone is as worthless as you, user.

Interesting. Do you guys actually know much about macroeconomics, shit like monetary policy and how banks are impacted (particularly with reserve requirements and the Fed funds rate), or did you at least have some clue beforehand?

Are you mainly just asked to, essentially, model outcomes, with some measured deviation from what's expected? Or do you help to structure products and plans to provide to clients, whether it be the general public, companies, or other banks?

I guess you could just be used as tools by people with fundamental understanding, at the end of the day. Doesn't really matter.

Veeky Forums is fairly self-deprecating as a whole desu. Most of the time, if someone says that a mathematician can be a businessman or whatever they're either a: joking or b: a newfag from r/science
>t. Veeky Forums user

>most of us have lost the ability to care about real world social interactions
Too real bro

They have zero social skills, so couldn't be businessmen if they tried. You can't learn leadership/courage from a book.

I've just finished university and it's apparent that when you have an above average or high IQ you are prone to feelings of superiority and narcissism,

If your life's work revolves around getting government grants, publishing papers only a fraction of a percentage of the public understands, and getting praise from other eggheads, your ego will inflate massively. Compared to someone peddling products and dealing with customers it comes as no surprise they are the way they are.

How friendly do you have to be when you don't sell anything but still make money?

>value is subjective
Value is efficiency.
The subjectivity is whose life you are making more efficient. A programmer who needs better tooling or a socialite who needs an easier form to network.

Other anons already pointed it out but I just want to share my opinion. Industrial engineer here and started a master in automotive engineering but I won't finish the second year as I see that I dislike it and I don't really give a fuck about cars, so now I'm thinking what to do.
>thanks for the blogging, fag
What I want to tell you is that unless you like where you're going pick generic stuff as you can always laserfocus your tism to something later, just a general advice as I feel like I fucked up with my decisions until now a bit.
I don't feel superior or inferior field-wise, but autism is a helluva drug so a lot get high and mighty I guess. And biz stuff is mentioned in most worthwhile degrees to some degree and honestly is not hard to get into but to most of it is just a hassle and people don't care about it as long as they do what they like (or get paid enough to do) but feel like if they tried they would do it right. Hence why some stemfags feel high and mighty.

My humble opinion is that networking, how people interact and having a solid capacity to fill forms and keep track of shit is what makes a great businessman independently of his/her(lel) academic formation.

I've met plenty of people from finance, managers, marketing people etc
With a few exceptions (and those were still managers of dev/IT depts), most of these people were the most boring, uninspired, uncreative people I've met

Yes, they can make money, some can even run a business, but holy shit I'd rather be alone than hang out with those people

Ironically enough the STEM type people are often times more into artistic stuff like music and painting than the business people, which I think already says more than enough

Both groups are needed equally. But there's a reason creative people go into STEM, most of us would die if we had to do corporate number crunching for a living

Only top brass businessmen are interesting and creative, that's why they're successful

they are just jealous because business chads end up being their boss. the cute coworker on whom they have a 3-year crush wet their pants every time those chadbosses talk to them.

Because every business class i've ever seen is just business bros looking at power point slides. Math is actually hard.

STEM fags are salty because they learn that only the popular kids get the good STEM jobs while the losers (them) just end up swimming upstream

Thats how it is in america at least cant speak for the rest of the world

Lol. I'm guessing you couldn't get through stem and had to switch to a business major.

t. Senior software engineer who pulled more girls in college than you will in your life.

Idk about the other stem Fields but there are shit tons of good programming jobs. People try to poach you from your current job with huge salary offers all the time.
Feels good having that businessman come and buy me shit so I even consider working where they do. Meanwhile he's getting paid barely over minimum wage to do so. I usually feel bad for the guys and tell them to just pocket the money if they offer to buy me some shit.

>know much about macroeconomics and monetary policy

Yes actually. We're forced to constantly read papers stacked on papers relative to the work we're doing. I just read a 150 page document on everything to do with mortgages. It's not that hard to read and understand.

you dont need college to learn programming

They want big shiny awards and diplomas so everyone can bow to their intellectual prowess, unable in their arrogance to recognize that they are "cogs" themselves. Essentially this has been conditioned into them from childhood and now as adults they still seek the same praise for being "good clever boys".

JUST LET ME MAKE BIOFUELS YOU KEKS! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You don't need college for anything if you're smart enough

The degree certifies to employers you have a broad baseline knowledge of it as vetted by your institution

>It's a "businessfags characterize their major concentration by the very most elite 1% and not the average lazy drunkard socialite business major" thread

its disrespected because it's "gen ed: the major" and anyone could pick up anything requisite for it in a year

i just went to Veeky Forums and its full of wojaks too, dont create a strawman argument OP

they are people just like you and me

>a business major is someone who could do good in stem but chooses not to
t. delusion of grandeur

I did a B.S. Mathematics & Civil Engineering Masters. Most of my classmates were legitimately autistic.