When

Did you start believing in God again?

>again

when he comes down and reveals his existence to me

When I hit my head and stumbled into a church and listened to the pastor while I was bleeding from my scalp and my head ringing and IT ALL MADE SENSE turquoise radishes unicorns greenly JESUS IS GOD! HE DIED FOR MY SINS! PRAISE JEBUS!

When i realised that faith played a big role in my life. Also when i went out of puberty, so when i was about 17-18.
>post yfw you actually started believing because of pic related

>Da Jesus Book
>Da Befo Jesus Book

>when it's too late

I was an edgy atheist for a while and got heavy into drug use. When I was 22, a friend of mine and I went to go buy some drugs in a bad part of town and ended up getting robbed. During the course of the robbery my friend was shot in the back while trying to run away. I got on my knees and prayed afterward and they robbers just ran off. I then told god that I would be his faithful servant and go to rehab if he saved my friends life. And he did. So I went and found salvation through Christ.

>Da Joo Book

Not sure I ever did to be fully honest with you.

Are you really sure that god saved him, i think some doctors have done it. Obey the doctors instead.

If god chooses another maiden to lead the French people again I will convert

When he punished Germany for WW1 and WW2

You're good man

Still waiting

In 1984 I fell while attempting a solo climb of Mont Blanc. As I smashed my head open on the rocks and lost the ability to reason, I suddenly realized that God totes made perfect sense.

for you

You're right, but at this point it's really better to believe than not too believe.

0-10
>clueless 'Christian'

11-15
>atheist

16-20
>deist

21-23
>monotheist

24-
>Animist

Bump

>severe head injury required for religion to seem logical

makes sense

>lost the ability to reason
>calls it Mont Blanc
Makes sense

>animist
wut

If god is real and good, the he will forgive me for not believing in him.

if god is real and bad, why would I worship him?

If god is real but oblivious, then what difference would believing in him make?

If god doesn't exist, then I've wasted my time praying to someone who isn't even there.

friendly reminder that 90% of "christians" on Veeky Forums are only christians because it's the contrarian thing to do

Lost my faith after I left my private Catholic school for struggling (wasn't why I lost my faith, this is when that Catholic rape scandal was brewing). High school is when I considered myself an atheist but after graduation I started to believe in a higher power but wasn't sure about religion so I considered myself agnostic. Now I'm 25 and consider myself Catholic but I haven't practiced my faith or gone to church since 7th grade.

When I realized that God is nothing more than an idea, and it doesn't matter what label I put on it. The clockwork man on a throne God, the universe aware of itself, entropy, doesn't matter. Just stands in for "what is," which is all the divine really is, anyway, so why get hung up on labels.

So like 28, maybe 29?

rollan for clueless christian, wish luck, getting 0-10 will be quite tough

lol

Perhaps your definition of "good" isn't his definition

This sort of gotcha that you suggest is exactly one of the many types of reason to reject god, even and especially in the case that he really exists and is anything like the false books claim.

For my part, I am past thirty and have never experienced any shake to my fedora. I never shall, at this rate, and thank god for it.

this thread

After many lsd trips

Ive since learned that chanting Hare Krishna is all you need though

I need to believe that the world exists for a reason. Otherwise I have no reason to live at all and every breath I draw is pointless suffering and would need to be halted.

>it's another "technocrats are good" episode

Nice anecdote

When i could no longer deny that the very fabric of my existence was trying to communicate back with me.

>real and good, he will forgive me
If He is real, is he not good? Thus, by not believing in the good, you limit yourself to apathy or evil, both traits that do not deserve forgiveness.

>real and bad, why should I worship him?
Not only does an objective omnipotent being necessitate Good, as good is an objective ideal, but His existence in and of itself gives cause to worship as the highest being.

>real but oblivious
And yet if He is real, he has concern for us, and cannot be oblivious to those created in his image. However, he cannot intervene against our free will, and as such, the evil that befalls humanity is due to humanity, and not God.

>if god doesn't exist
Not only have you facilitated a decent life, as many God-fearing Christians do, but you have no doubt connected with a community instead of selfishly placing the individual above all else. The thought that one would be wasting time implies more productive things ought to be taking place, such as jerking off for the fourth time today, or getting a sick new achievement in a video game, or otherwise languish in today's individualistic world focused on nothing but short-term pleasure.

even if it was 'too late,' I will still have died knowing the truth if he really were to exist after all

>If He is real, is he not good? Thus, by not believing in the good, you limit yourself to apathy or evil, both traits that do not deserve forgiveness.
It's an "Atheists are evil" episode.

when my state appointed lawyer reduced my sentence as long as I joined AA and believed in a power greater than myself

I never was. My parents are an atheist and an agnostic and I I would consider myself the latter, too. I can't see myself as part of an organised religion because I'll never get proof of the eixstence of a deity and a specific deity at that. There might be a Creator (or more of them, who knows) but there is no way to know either way and seeing what the world is like, I doubt the Creator cares about me either.

Never stopped believing user

Rolling

Do you mean the Goddess? A few years ago. Once you get into some hallucinogenic usage, you can start to understand the fundamental chaos of existence. The only think that makes sense, from a religious perspective, is to promote "chaos", that is, the false chaos imposed by our minds, the opposite of the false order likewise so. Both are human reflections of the true chaos of the universe. You can read all about it in our good book, the Principia Discordia.

>this thought

When I reverted to Islam.

Why should I want to judge by his definition?
If his definion of good is murdering people, why would I want to get on board with that? That is a bad god in my book, and I should not worship him

>god evil/bad
You are argueing over what gods definitions might be, that does not relate to my statement.

If god butchers babies and calls it good, then I will not worship a good god, if god saves lives and calls it evil, then I will worship an evil god.

>oblivious
Oblivious means oblivious, when god is oblivious but is also god that doesn't make his obliviousm less oblivious. By your definition an oblivious god can't even exist, so why argue about it

>god doesnt exist
It's a potential scenario, and yes time is valuable, spend it as you see fit.