What is the point of this

i don't get it

what advantage does it give you?

LIP PLATES GIVE YOU NO TACTICAL ADVANTAGE WHATSOEVER

it was designed to make you look so repulsive and unfit that slavers would leave you/your village alone, its a relatively recent tradition

I always hear this, but where is the source? What about cranial deformations and trepanning?

Disk holder

I heard that actually may be a myth but would explain a lot. It's pretty extreme just to prevent slavery though.
I think i may also have just been a cultural thing to show strength in women. Rite of passage type of thing.

It's an indicator of social status

The only answer you will need is this,
They're Uncivilized,

and the rest of the answers here are just racist,teenage,oldfags, uneducated,ignorant fools.

Why don't neighboring tribes do it then?

What advantage does a wedding ring give you? Or circumcision?

false analogy

Is it really? What about tattoos?

user it's just a local style not need to be a melodramtic bitch about it.

It's a plate for your food that you bring everywhere

circumcision is more aesthetic

It's cuz Africans can't grow beards lmao

It looks cool, that's why all traditions like these exist. Same reason we get tattoos and piercings.

It's just sexay... Well according to that tribe anyway

Sure if you like bald penises.

The person in the OP image would probably say that lip plates are more aesthetic.

That's pretty aesthetic. How come white cultures never did neat body modifications like this?

It's fucking sexy

we wuz kangz

Babes

Dohoho I said a meme about blacks aren't I edgy!? KEKekeke

Closest things is corsets.

Has anyone put their dick in one of their women's flaccid lips?

Probably occurred but died out with Neolithic Middle Easterners wiping it all out.

Stretched lobes probably existed much longer though

>They were used outside of Africa

Why

A wedding ring makes your status marriage public and doesn't serve as a massive physical burden so that analogy is shit.
As for circumcision it's just americans being subhuman retards as usual.

>history board
>attributes circumsicion to Americans

Nice to see you're working to keep the quality of discourse here high

Yeah but we just have to jerk off user's hate boner about non-whites or certain nations/historical entities in Europe he doesn't like because that's what Veeky Forums is for really.

Can people with lip-plates talk or eat properly? It seems far too beblitiating, looks as bad as foot binding.

maybe it gets you laid in african nomad society

"hey click-click-click-t'shaaaa, did yiou see click click o'chaaa new lip disc? shit is lit yo"

A way of identifying women in areas were slavery was common. Haida were extreme slavers along with everyone else around that area and so a way of identifying women was this which later turned into a beautifier

>They're Uncivilized
wow that is pretty racist t b h

body mods are gross dude

>All human activity entails a practical benefit.
Lrn to human bruh

>you will never get to cum on some nubian qts lipdisk.
Why even live?

You've never don't have a plate, plus, its right in front of your mouth, convenience at its finest
Or maybe they were ahead of the curve on hipsters with gauges

How the fuck is this even possible? Wouldn't her lips be torn off? Does anyone have a video on how this process is done?

you ever seen gauges on ears? they start out small and gradually put on bigger ones. same concept applies to the neck rings: over time they add more rings