Veeky Forums Improvement thread

Hiro has permitted us to have 1 thread about how to improve the board.

So Veeky Forums, how do we improve the board?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by you leaving forever

A general for Hitler and WE WUZ threads

We should officially adopt an anti-German stance.

Make a board for Zionists and communists.

Have cross posters from pol have their posts reviewed if they want to make a new thread. If they posted on pol within a 24 hr period.

Unequivocally this.

Theres no zionism here though or hardly any to warrant that. Communism makes sense but it'd be best to just lump it with the fascists. That way they keep their chimping out to themselves.

Replace Veeky Forums with /ss/ Social Sciences or some shit like that. This board is already a philosophy/religion/wewuz board along with the """history""".

Before you ask: yes I know the sticky allows general social science topics. But you might as well make it official.

Oh, and ENFORCE THE NOT /pol/ WITH DATES RULE.

>make it nsfw board
>country flags
>spoilers

>make it /pol/
You're part of the problem

First /pol/ itself should be made /pol/, as in actually enforce the sticky and actually make it about politics and current events, not whatever you want.

purge any leftist ideas for good
this isn't the mainsteam media, it's an escape from it

>Muh safe space.
Perhaps tumblr is more to your liking.

A new sticky. Seriously I've heard the idea brought up several times to add in resources of topics that get frequently shitposted, yet no one has got on it yet.

Better memes

Ban the guy obsessing over Hitler's dick. At least the ALL CAPS MUSLIM GUY doesn't spam multiple times in one thread.

It's fine as it is.

>Ban the guy obsessing over Hitler's dick
No he is the guy who keeps hitler threads from gaining any traction and clogging the first page.

Make a Veeky Forums containment board for pol

Enforce >25 years
Make & humanities separate

Give &humanities back to Veeky Forums

Have people formally submit proof of education and attatch their degrees to their posts

Pregnant Anne Frank art should be obligatory in all Holocaust-denial related threads to instill subliminal guilt in Stormtards' minds while they're jacking off to it for their ideology's murdering of millions of innocent people.

Create a board for the discussion of geopolitics that isn't "le politically incorrect" so we don't have to shoehorn it in being humanities, /geopol/.

Have daily this "this day in world history" trivia threads for some good ole' fun we can all enjoy.

Also this

This

>maybe two or three anons get a sticker next to their name
>pol just uses it as a flag for who to ignore completely
>majority of threads unchanged

Automatic bans for anyone who uploads /pol/ Stormfaggot .jpgs

Better idea, automatically replace Holocaust denial .jpgs with pregnant Anne Frank pics whenever they're uploaded to shame /pol/tards

Ban /pol/ threads.
Not because they are annoying ( they are ) but because the retards who think they are clever for posting blatant /pol/ shit that is factually wrong in order to get responses.

Since when has /pol/ ever been anything besides a NatSoc hugbox?

Nah, that'll just encourage them to double down and invade other threads.

We need something clever, something that embarrasses and silences them at the same moment.

Instant deletion?

2012 when they were shilling for Ron Paul

Now they'd probably call him a race traitor and demand his head.

No, that's basically the same as banning them

See

We could have /pol/ catch phrases like ">implying the Holocaust happened" get automatically turned into "the Holocaust happened and no amount of deluding yourself will change it" or something.

Well then we will just have epic Anne Frank spam clogging up the board.

If we had a discerning mod who would just delete blatant /pol/-type shitposts on sight it'd be better than banning/image-swapping I think. (Of course, they may whine and cry through the use of the one-meta thread rule or something).

Thread specific IDs

Generals

Ban "why did x continent not y" threads

Put Charlie in the sticky instead of Herodotus

>Copypasta old /pol/ meme to get rid of /pol/

>flags
Can you stop pushing this meme. Flags are totally irrelevant to discussing history and will only lead to ad hominem ir contempt by nationals for those who know more about their country than they do

>ban /pol/fags
>limit Humanities to a few generals or delete it altogether

There you go.

I sense butthurt. There are plenty of nazi threads, that guys threads are alot more entertaining than threads circlejerking over a regime that lasted 12 years as if it were the only period in history to study.

someone post the "all mockery of the jews and their one god must be kept to an appropriate minimum" image. i think everyone agrees that that should be the sticky image

define historic as pre-1776 and we get rid of 95% of all shitposters

>all this reddit itt

Te!l me, shat is stopping you from browsing history subreddits? It is basically what you want, right?

>Veeky Forums is reddit+shitposting
end yourself

>Veeky Forums is reddit
I don't see any other board being so reddit. Mods don't usually ban anyone for being offensive. That is the core of Veeky Forums.

>make Nazi general
>make Christianity general
>make Muslim general
>make American history general
>make African history general
That would clean up about 95% of all circlejerking threads in here.

For improving in actual content of posts, ban all Americans from this board

This board is beyond salvation, just nuke it completely.

Flags would just make it more of a shitshow.
Holocaust denial, and NOT REAL COMMUNISM should be bannable offences.
Any "african history" thread is just bait. Ban we wuzing.
Why is x country so shit/good/evil/superior. Leave country larping on /bant/ and /int/
Yes, even for Germans. I'll be the first to bash the "Germany dindu nuffin in WW1, Serbs did everything" fags, but the "all Germans are evil" meme is just as cancerous.
No flags, but IDs would be nice, like on Veeky Forums.
Make a few generals so we don't get endless threads on the same topic.

>/pol/
>NatSoc

I mean I know /pol/ is shit, but it's diverse shit. Actual Natsocs are a loud minority.

All WWII content to /k/
Fixed?

>ban all Americans from this board
Can you imagine?
youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE

here you go, desperate cunt

I think we should impose a neutral stance,
So that we can actually discuss historical events properly.

make /b/ even more powerful,

we will dominate all factions.

Just make it a history board, Veeky Forums was pretty good for philosophy, until religion larpers started shitting the board up.

The threads that deal with philosophy on Veeky Forums are really very shallow and don't contribute much to the boards quality. I don't mind religion threads on Veeky Forums however, religion is a part of history.

Generals are a terrible idea, Veeky Forums has becoming a Veeky Forums because of all the generals.

>religion is a part of history
>implying philosophy isn't

Christfag go home

Get rid of & Humanities

Enforce the rules and remove /pol/ vermin. Holocaust denial threads should be an immediate ban.

Add IDs

Be internationally orientated
Be critical
filter opinions out of the thread (opinions as in lacking introspect or knowing context, therefor being dictated by biased views instead of being able to recognize your own biased views)
Show sources
formulate argumentation
be willing to enter debate
Be able to change your opinion when someone offers a stronger line of thought (not in the way that you just should accept anything, but if you can think critically you can recognise your own shortsightedness of certain aspects)
Be able to write well and extensivly
Be able to read quickly
Be able to create context for the topic you want to adress
Formulate strong, clear, sensable questions
Show historical awerness or consciousness
Filter trolls like almost everyone above this message
Let there be a more attentive and actively present janitor system
Create a clear definition of history.

Can anyone answer this question?

Is there such a thing as a good politically incorrect history board where you can actually discuss Holocaust denial, conspiracy theories and other fringe things?
I mean without oversensitive liberals screaming "Nazi" or psychos screaming about "reptilian JOOS".
And no, /pol/ is shit in this regard because it's full of frog memes, "redpilled" traps and other shit.

What I mean by religion threads is not "why is Islam so shit", "Why Christianity is better than x" etc.

There was recently a thread about why Christianity became popular in the Roman Empire which was pretty good.

Stormfront already exists friend, for precisely this reason.

Where the fuck do people think they are? Why do you all want more moderation?

Veeky Forums

But that's full of Confederate nostalgics and Nazi apologists that don't accept any criticism no matter how well founded.
I guess I'm asking for too much anyway

Ban all /pol/faggots
Ban all /leftypol/faggots
Veeky Forums does not need either of you here, all you do is shit up perfectly good threads and try to turn this board into your own personal hugbox

Because i don't want a board overrun by flaming retards.

>ban everyone i don't like
>add ids
>destroy everything that makes Veeky Forums what it is

Agree, let's have 100 Hitler threads and 50 Africa threads daily, they're really what makes Veeky Forums what it is.

>offensive
/pol/ content isn't offensive. It's fucking annoying. For God's sake, there is a global Veeky Forums rule which states that /pol/ should be lept in /pol/.

they aren't even funny anymore. it's actually kinda pathetic how butthurt and humorless /pol/tards are these day. throw a little bit of banter at them and they comeback with an essay about how lefties can't take criticism and that the media is all gommunist propaganda

>Tfw you will never live in the 2012 Ron Paul timeline with President Paul defeating the federal reserve, withdrawing from all the bullshit wars, and becoming the papi president who got a fuck ton of tax breaks for everyone.
God fucking dammit i'm in the Trump timeline, only thing worse is the Clinton timeline.

Just enforce the rules. 25years rule and notpol rule alone would clean Veeky Forums.

If it's not clear what should be considered /pol/content, just put a warning in the sticky, it's always the same kind of threads: we wuzzing, why are Africans so backwards lol, hitlerboo, etc.

That would be too nuanced for an anonymous Vietnamese knitting forum

Not every board is /b/

Get rid of the Veeky Forums, lefty/pol/, reddit commiecucks that sperg out every time something even remotely contoversial or right wing gets posted.

>it's a /pol/ makes up enemies in his head to justify his crossboard race-baiting and hitler worship post
lovely

This board is an extension of /pol/. It should 50% Hitler worship 40% WW2 history and 10% all the other crap

Both of you fuck off, Veeky Forums is for history and humanities; not politics.

This, You are historically illiterate. The knowledge and discussion doesnt go beyond >>> and muh eternal anglo and german.
Stick to humanities.

Eventually you'll come to understand that no one outside of your hugbox likes you.

I'd rather see pregnant Anne Frank spam than see bad stormfaggot propaganda for the 6,000,000th time, at least the former has some entertaining value. And besides, their outrage will be hilarious ("wtf why did I get a rat faced kike when I tried to upload the Greatest Story Never Meme'd screenshots, fucking Joot").

Nothing pisses anti-semites off more than a loving Jewish woman with child, since that means she's got another little Jew on the way.

And /pol/ hijacks memes from other boards (and other sites) all the fucking time. Maybe it's time we return the favor and hijack one of their's.

do /pol/tards ever just consider that their posts are just profoundly uninteresting and juvenile? same for tankies tbqh

We need actual moderation so the shitposting threads get deleted before everyone takes the bait and /pol/ needs to be contained in /pol/.
I wouldn't say we need IDs but flags most certainly should not exist here.
Some say delete "& Humanities" but I don't really have a problem with it, it's really just a matter of taking care of the shitposting.

Also, everyone should do his part. Don't reply to the shitposting threads and check the catalog before making a thread for a topic that already exists.

More of this

This, loving mother Anne Frank should be automatically posted to every post praising the Third Reich; and for every post positive towards the USSR examples of American exceptionalism should be posted.

Right, because the amount of necakbeards and weeaboos is exactly what everyone is complaining ITT.

new this board, came from /a/. if I may ask, is /pol/ your opposite? the way I see it it seems more civilized here as opposed to the jewish-fundametalism and leaf-raking over there

I was posting it proactively desu

>I hate history, psychology, humanities, neutral opinions, forums that aren't political hug boxes and people who enjoy not discussing politics.
/pol/
>Nope.
Tumblr
>Nope.
/leftypol/
>Nope.
Stormfront
>Nope.
/his?
>Perfect.

ftfy

Pretty much, maybe we can get that drawfriend who did them to do a few more sfw ones and set it so it's randomized which one replaced a retarded /pol/ infograph.

We should take a noted innocent victim of Communist atrocities (ex. Romanov children) and do the same thing. Reminding the tankies that their beloved regime is stained with the blood of children.

What do you mean by this?

/pol/sters see this board as means of justifying and promoting their narrative.We've been besieged by them ever since Veeky Forums was created. Luckily there's always enough normal posters here to tell them to fuck off but it's a fucking shitshow nonetheless.

>trying to tell what somebody browses from a single post
>thinking you can understand the framework of somebody from just a few posts
>thinking he is talking to sincere posters and not getting baited by people that pretend to be nazis for (You)s

framework of somebody's beliefs*

It's true. /pol/ threads and posts are very easy to recognize. The same old boring, unimaginative baits being spinned for eternity.

Not the user you're replying to, but on a website where discussions are routinely archived or deleted, along with with pratically no way of identifying who you're talking to; the only way you can gage someone's opinion is by the few sentences they post.