Earth is about to be destroyed...

Earth is about to be destroyed, and you're going to be rescued as a curiosity piece to represent the dominant intelligent life form from the planet. You're allowed to bring with you one artifact in order to represent man's achievement.

What do you select, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rw0GjxqVFdI
youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1cdRew-Zg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A modern long-range nuclear missile, or if that's too big then a smaller nuke of some kind. One object representing the pinnacle of human weapons development and (close to) the pinnacle of our understanding of physics, as well as the invention that ended large-scale warfare between great powers. If I can bring a modern missile it will also show the absolute extent of our development of computers as well.

I can show it to an alien and say "we got this far", and they would probably be able to glean a solid understanding of our total scientific progress before destruction.

This video:
youtu.be/rw0GjxqVFdI

I bring an HD full of hentai so I can be like "This was the apex of gorious rapenese culture, unlike the majority of filthy gaijins on Earth!"

fairly sound selection, they can witness how man channeled his knowledge into ever greater mediums of destruction

A small 1/144 scale gundam model

I'll tell him this is what God look like.

Uuuuuuh
An A2 size paper with a lot of different maths and physics formulas

Would simply bring a modern government owned supercomputer with a server from NASA or CERN. It'd likely contain the extent of Ballistics technology in addition to all kinds of blueprints and information.

Fleshlight.
It's gonna be lonely ya know

I'd ask to bring a sperm bank. Last human my ass.

a dragon dildo for recreational purposes
nothing represents man's achievement like a big dick

Good one, except for the part about them representing the pinnacle of our computer tech. Most ICBMs use 8inch floppy disk.

Gas operated, rotating bolt magazine fed assault rifle, the best AK variant, RK 62

The Bible

One artifact?

Finnegan's Wake

>nothing represents man's achievement like a big dick
youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1cdRew-Zg

That better be KJV.

>What do you select, and why?

Aristotle's Metaphysics.

This.

a super shotgun

Good pick, but why not Das Kapital or Communist writers that followed after that take his theories further?

>takes sperm bank to reproduce
Femanon detected.

Who's going to the be surrogate jackass?

This guy gets it....

Or he's just a retard

Earth is about to be destroyed and a species/intelligence chose one person to rescue, how noble if only the rescue was performed out of genuine concern and empathy as opposed to curiosity!

In this case I would respectfully decline to be rescued and forgo being allowed to bring an item of my choice!

This would be the kind side of me, if I decided to accept the invitation perhaps I would be less kind to interact with!

a copy of every single Wikipedia and wikia page

Probably a large computer harddrive containing schematics of various human technological achievements, as well as economic and historical data; probably videos/pictures/artistic representations of historical events.

That way, could show them historical development of architecture, weaponry, politics, and economic output. Bringing one nuclear weapon like first reply said might show them "we achieved nuclear fission", but you could bring things proving that, as well as showing, say, satellite images of the entire world, pictures of major buildings, and data on all the world's militaries.

NAB

with a picture of Jan Paweł II and the succession of popes in the foreward :)

A sattelite.

what a gay and useless fucking response

It's a masterpiece of trolling. The equivalent of a doddering middle-aged Englishman stumbling with every sentence.

Not history

A copy of the Nicomachean ethics

I'm insulted

Thereupon many statesmen and celebrities came to the alien with their pleas for mercy, and he expected that I also, who was tarrying on my porch, would do likewise. But since I took not the slightest notice of the alien, and continued to enjoy my leisure in the suburb, the alien went in person to see me; and he found me lying in the sun. I raised myself up a little when I saw so many people coming towards me, and fixed my eyes upon the alien. And when that alien addressed me with greetings, and asked if I wanted anything, "Yes," said I, "stand a little out of my sun." It is said that the alien was so struck by this, and admired so much the haughtiness and grandeur of the man who had nothing but scorn for him, that he said to his followers, who were laughing and jesting about me as they went away, "But truly, if I were not Nqulu the Third, Destroyer of the Worlds, I would be that user."

The entire wikipedia database on a HDD and some device to read it

Gotta save those Y chromosomes.

I bring with me a turkish tea kettle so that I can keep making tea and survive the ordeal.

Large Hadron Collider including data collection system or the James Webb Space Telescope.

>allowed to take one object

I bring a woman tbqh