So it nihilism a pleb tier or patrician tier ideology?

So it nihilism a pleb tier or patrician tier ideology?

pleb

acknowledging it and overcoming it is god tier

Depends on if you're the one getting your johnsson cut off, Lebowski.

Nihilism is just 1 perspective out of an infinite amount, and while there might exist some sound arguments for why it should be privileged compared to other perspectives, good arguments also exist for the other perspectives.

Like which

pleb as fuck

>Like which

Pick one? Secular humanism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, consequentialism, enlightenment values etc etc.

this.

There are pseudo-intellectuals who claim to be 'nihilists' to look edgy but clearly care about things they shouldn't. They like to believe in things that are spiritual and transcedent (e.g love) while using their nihilism as an excuse to keep their atheist viewpoint coherent.

How could it ever be "patrician tier"?
If you are nihilistic yourself at best it could be "an unfortunate truth"
Only underage memesters would call it patrician.

Pleb.

so nietzsche did some philosophizing with his hammer and thought that all those ideologies people die for have too many flaws in 'em
so he threw them away
then what?
then either you come up with some positive ideal or stay nihilistic
the closest he has got to some kind of ideal was actually the realitivistic dionysianism that combines the spiritual with the material of his earliest work - the birth of tragedy

Nihilism isn't an ideology, its the symptom of a dying civilization.

Muh Spengler

Ultra pleb-tier.

delusion tier

Babby's first philosophy

Pleb

Existentialism is the patrician form of nihilism.

>ITT: Deluded idealists

Turbopleb. Literally Organic Work tier useful idiocy.

Pleb tier. The basic idea of nihilism is that nothing holds any value. This includes nihilism itself. So why follow it if it holds no value? The whole thing is self-refuting nonsense.

And most self-proclaimed "nihilists" are just edgy types trying to look deep and wise without coming off as nerds, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Read a single book by Nietzche please.
Fuck whatever I know you're not gonna do that, just read his wikipedia article to realize how nonsensical all you've written is.

Pleb, in the sense that it is only a stepping stone to a greater, cohesive mindset.

Nihilism in so far as it becomes the realm of pseudo intellectual teenagers pretending to be deep and enlightened because they hold no opinions, invest themselves in nothing, and hold no moral or ethical creed because existence is meaningless is ultimately the most pathetic of all ideologies and world views.

Nihilism as it was explained by Nietzsche is not that. Life does not imbue you with any inherent meaning. You were not saddled with a grand destiny at birth. The universe is completely indifferent to your existence. It is, therefor, incumbent on you to do all of that. You have to impose meaning on your life, you have to lead a life worth living.

Nietzsche was an existentialist, not a nihilist.

It is a tier above normie sheeple.

Projecting self conscious ego fags

It depends if we say nihilism in the sense of a rejection of all objective values, or even just morals then yes its pleb as fuck. However the normie definition of nihilism is bullshit. I feel like the existentialists miss the mark and ultimately cower in the face of a totally pessimistic world view. And I feel someone like Camus is ultimately more egregious than a simple religious zealot. Someone who accepts a thoroughly bleak ontology and yet tries to justify life is proceeding in such bad faith that it can only lay bare the underlying addiction and delusion.

>Oh there's no God or a dystheistic conception of God and life has no ultimate telos and its characterized by various forms of discomfit and the amelioration thereof?
>Time to do whatever the fuck I want

I came here to post this

I don't think I'm strong enough to reach god tier, though.

i've read like 4 and a half, dumbo

this comment is really fucking stupid
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEaly fucking stupid

that's the problem, you've been taught that he was this and that and you didn't explore it for yourself
you go, wikipedia girl

Nihilism is ultimately self-defeating because your only real recourse is to accept your suffering (continue living) or end it (commit suicide).
The only acceptable pathway from nihilism that I know of is Absurdism, which comes from Camus. Yes, the world is fucking absurd and seemingly pointless, but our human nature still drives us against the absurdity to find meaning and purpose because that's all we truly have. We can either give up or keep going. It's possible to accept how fucking ridiculous our human condition is and keep going; there is no binary option.

>idealists aren't nihilists

No, it isnt you retard.

Nietzsche is literally one of the major philosophers of the existential movement started by Kierkegaard and given name by Sartre.

The bottom part of this is correct. Nietzsche didn't say that nothing in life has value. He said that the world does not have inherent value and it is up to the individual to give it value by leading a life most natural to the individual.

This is basic fucking existentialist thought. So much so that the relation between Kierkegaard and Nietzsche is studied today.

> Nietzsche didn't say that nothing in life has value. He said that the world does not have inherent value and it is up to the individual to give it value by leading a life most natural to the individual.

Isn't this just what Stirner said though? I don't really get how Nietzsche extended Stirner in any way.

Literally 17 year old goth girl tier.

It's fine user, if you have already acknowledged it, you will in time overcome it.

It doesn't matter.

First explain what YOU mean by "nihilism".

Everyone who maintains that nihilism is "lowbrow" are victims of a very good-feeling, self-sustaining delusion: the Delusion of the Productive Adult. In the course of socializing and learning how to behave like adults, participating in society, raising children (or at least paying the bills), etc, adults delude themselves into being better than "the children" (in this case, the edgy 16-year olds).

But, it isn't /true/. Despite not being in a position to fully appreciate it about themselves, it turns out that the edgy kids really were, and really are, right all along. When it's all for nothing and you die alone, this trumps all other considerations. "Molding yourself" and other will-to-life existentialist pablum do not, cannot, and never will escape this.

Nihilism is /dumb-simple/. This is the other thing about it which is a big turn-off to, again, productive adults, intellectual types, and so on. It offends them on every level that something so dumb-stupid should be the case. But it is.

Pleb, no one is actually a nihilist; it's just a trend like fashion.
You have to believe in SOMETHING.

Alternatively, there were Nihilists in the Greek times that didn't believe in walls, and would actively run into them.

I'm a major skeptic, but nihilism is too radical and impossible to grasp fully.

But, as someone else said, a true patrician understands that nothing matters, but you have to overcome the void of nothingness to achieve the means to your end and live a fruitful life.

A person adopts a philosophy before they're aware of it, so your point is meaningless and dumb.

that's the point.
There's nothing but objectionists in this thread shitting on Nihilism, partially for good reason.

There's a difference between an apathetic and angsty teen versus an extreme skeptic--which nihilism is.
Your view of nihilism isn't complete.

Well, on the core of human existence, our lives serve very little purpose.
However, being an adult is accepting your reality, instead of sitting there like sedentary trash waiting for your day to come.
However, nihilism is much deeper than that and people tend to overlook it, probably due in part to it's off-putting nature and the people that profess it are generally scummy.
Also, I disagree with your statement that it's dumb and stupid.
True Nihilism takes thought to determine the root of and general course of human existence.
Some think nihilism is a cop-out and that's where you can start calling it dumb and stupid, but true nihilism has purpose, which is the argument for it being self-contradictory. How can you be a nihilist if you don't believe in anything?

>infinite amount
postmodern zombie detected

>privileged
>infinite
>perspectives
How much did that Bachelor of Art run you?

Thanks real patrician answer is Absurdism

I FUCK YOU

>eyeroll.gif

Better than garbage like absurdism.