He's facing up to 20 years in jail

He's facing up to 20 years in jail.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/former-drug-company-exec-martin-shkreli-convicted-fraud-185329916--sector.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So now that the dust has settled, Is he a good guy or a bad guy?

at least he tried

F

I think it's a meme to hate him. He came from pretty humble beginnings and managed to become pretty successful.

one of us one of us

Trump could pardon him, but he'll be barred to trade.

millenial witch hunt, he's just a guy

imagine actually making your investors RICHER yet the propaganda machine needs you to be hated so they continue screwing everyone over, and you end up in jail for 20 years as collateral damage

fucked up

A product of the system that allowed him to thrive.

Dont know anything about the investing, but I know he was hated for raising the price of that niche drug. To be fair though, he claimed that the increased cost goes to the insurance companies, not usually the patients. and they had programs to make it affordable to those without insurance

Also, some of the profit went toward research of the illness.

Now is that true? Who knows.

smug jew deserves it

On top of that if he didn't raise the price he couldn't have funded research for better iterations of the drug. Even further he set it up so that if you couldn't pay for it you would just get it for free directly from his company

As it stands daraprim is pretty shitty as treatment.

It is true. He funded drug research with hiked drug prices.

Who do you think that insurance companies pass the cost on to?

He screwed the kikes big time. You're dumb to hate him.

>allowed him to thrive*
* Temporarily.

Played the system according to the rules and got punished for it because he's considered an outsider

Good guy, and this is absolutely fucked

the real lesson is that you should be politically connected before trying to rip off the system

>Is he a good guy or a bad guy?
Neither. He's just cynical. And his cynicism drew the normies' attention to him, which resulted in him being ostracized and tried.

Now they need to go after vitalik and all the other ico scammers

there time is coming

Media witch hunt, you mean

he dindu nuttun, his downfall was putting a target on his own back

Regarding the hate train for "Big Pharma": He was a prick to people online and the pharma industry allows the most unethical of practices, but since the American health insurance system is inherently corrupt he took advantage of it by exploiting a drug which almost nobody uses to further R&D in his company. He and his company are not leeches.

Regarding this case: He defrauded investors and deserves to be punished for it. He made the mistake of doing something illegal and inciting the public to the point where the Government started caring. Protip: If you have something to hide, don't attract attention to yourself.

I don't think he's a bad person, just someone who thought he could get away with more than he could. He's Veeky Forums incarnate.

because he didn't lose shekels and rather turned up profit for (((them))) he'll probably get like 5 years and get out at 2.5 years. he'll probably go to a minimum security resort or house arrest.

same difference now, millenials just hate him because he 'hates gays and loves money'

And the Jews control those insurance companies. He kicked the hornets nest and now is paying the price.

RIP ALBANIAN PONZI MASTER

Losing other people's money isn't success.

>He funded drug research with hiked drug prices.

He literally bought the patent and hiked up the price. That isn't funding drug research

There's no real proof of that though, and neither did he offer any.

>he bought the patent
Then why are there now competitors with extremely low values? Even lower than before!

The Feds have like a 99%+ conviction rate for these type of crimes and his was an open and shut case. Why the fuck didn't he just cop a plea like everyone else does? He basically memed himself doing twice as much time as he needed to.

So much misinformation about the guy.

The guy paid $55 MILLION to get the rights to that aids drug, a drug only like 10k people in the WORLD take a year. How else do you recoup that kind of money back with so few customers but by raising prices?

The only reason it was dirt cheap to begin with was the last company that owned the patent sold it way below cost as a loss leader, probably for tax writeoff purposes, and made their profit back selling to Shkreli. Clearly the drug is worth alot of money to get that kind of return, but no one accuses the previous drug company of being greedy for making $50m off the sale of the patent, it's ridiculous.

Good. About time.

But you guys told me he would walk

He's a piece of shit but shouldn't go to jail.

He's not Jewish. Why do you think he's going to jail?

I don't care for the guy, but all the people I hate, hate him. Kind of an enemy of my enemy thing.

>he's facing 20 years
no, he's facing 4 months at a minimum security prison. even that will be shortened likely.

I remember hearing that this guy spent thousands on a rare Wu Tang vinyl and he doesn't even like Wu Tang.

It was 2 million on one album and he says he does like them

Except he didn't, he made investors money.
>He also emphasized that none of Shkreli's investors lost money

uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/former-drug-company-exec-martin-shkreli-convicted-fraud-185329916--sector.html

The fact is that left-wing judiciaries made the decision to crucify this guy.

this
you people realize what white collar prisons are like, right?

No, he's actually facing 20 years.

>jury deliberated for 5 days
his lawyer obviously thought he had a good chance at trial