/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

"You did get your helping of XXII, right user?" edition

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

GREEK SHIPPING MEME WARNING: Be careful with memes such as DRYS/TOPS/DCIX/NM

Other urls found in this thread:

1broker.com/?c=en/home&r=33934
cnbc.com/2016/11/11/singles-day-news-alibaba-poised-to-smash-records-at-worlds-largest-online-shopping-event.html
cnbc.com/2017/01/09/alibaba-to-discuss-expansion-plans-with-trump-company-aims-to-create-1-million-us-jobs-over-the-next-5-years.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2.50 ah

I made some on it intraday. Don't have the stones to hodl something like that over the weekend though.

Friendly reminder that the mass selloff on monday morning is going to wipe out any gains you may have made today.

I didn't. I just don't have the balls to mess with little stocks

>Friendly reminder that the mass selloff on monday morning is going to wipe out any gains you may have made today.

Technicals say otherwise. Sentiment is too high. did you see the RSI levels?

I'm considering registering on this broker which McAffee recommended in his livestream. Anyone else uses it?

1broker.com/?c=en/home&r=33934

So those of you who don't use Robinhood as your main trading application, what do you use instead?

Why?

buy FXI

for what reason

So where did you guys hear about XXII?

I don't remember where I heard of it, probably TheLion maybe, but I actually had it on my watchlist and didn't pull the trigger due to lack of funds...thought I had already missed it after it was up 8%. fuck my life

It was brought up on rgt yesterday or the day before so I started watching it. I know. I know. Do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says. Well this time..

I got in in yesterday because of here and ST, usually terrible ideas but the chart looked good. I sold for 15% at 2.20 thinking it wouldn't last. Oh well

I made 26% on GPRO just bought CRNT ahead of earnings

CEI

Those are nicely drawn buttcheeks

What are your thoughts on Alibaba? They have a call next week

Alibaba has done nothing but bring me misery

Why do you say that user? They've been kinda dippy for the past week but they had consistent growth and wall street loves stinky chinky stocks right now.

Seems like a safe bet. Even if it gets BTFO on earnings like AAOI, you could just bag hold until November for their big 11/11 sale to get your gains back. The last one made history:
cnbc.com/2016/11/11/singles-day-news-alibaba-poised-to-smash-records-at-worlds-largest-online-shopping-event.html

I'm treating Alibaba like the next Amazon really, I'm planning on holding them for a long time.

cnbc.com/2017/01/09/alibaba-to-discuss-expansion-plans-with-trump-company-aims-to-create-1-million-us-jobs-over-the-next-5-years.html

It's too late. It's going to crash Monday. I plan on opening another short and riding it

I saw it in my volume screener iirc but didn't buy in. That's two that I pussied out on this week that could've recovered my losses from the last two weeks. Oh well, at least I broke even this week.

It's only going higher Monday right?

Surely they're not going to dump it all right?

Right?

Interactive Brokers because 1) low commissions and 2) professional trading platform with a professional quality API.

heh.

>tfw losing so bad you chase a meme stock
At least XXII is still up senpai.

AMD under $10 by the end of next week?

>$13.11

Why in the fuck is AMD so cucked

They've literally had nothing but good news lately and only managed to spiral downward

Post your week's gains! I always like looking at other's

I would've had decent gains this week if I wasn't too pussy with SHOP and didn't fall for a meme stock like an idiot. Luckily I gained back almost everything.

>Stock Is Maxed Out, So Get Out

god why do the jews hate AMD so much

How little should I trade per week to not be tagged a day trader?

I lost about 10% this week, albeit I just started stocks 2 weeks ago with 250 to get myself learning. I fell for the meme and biopharm stocks like an idiot, and didn't stick to my plan. Does anyone have any advice on being able to predict stock movements short and long term? I understand that's the whole thing, but any tips would be appreciated. I've been learning a bit about technical analysis of candlesticks, volume, resistance levels and momentum indicators along with being able to at least understand company fundamentals. It seems like half the time this stuff either doesn't matter because the unpredictability is so rampant, or I'm just missing important info. I know it's at least partially the latter, buying high and selling low is the biz way after all. I thought I could predict a couple that ended up completely opposite. Although I did make a good bit buying AMDbefore the ER and selling right after. But I don't know if that was a fluke or what

Thanks guys

You can trade as much as you want but only 3 day trades (buy/sell a stock on the same day) every 5 business days

same boat. I almost recovered but I bought some AMD and fell asleep before putting a stop loss. west coast + night shift fucks me over

>the weekend
>markets are closed for 2 days

Sucks man. that's the main thing I don't like about Rh. No scripting, no trailing stops, nothing automatic. Needs a desktop application something fierce.

rather flat this year, oh well.

>Change in Market Value +$363.74
>Interests &Dividends +$111.98

Two stocks happened to pay out their dividends within the week.

I also missed out on 5% on PRTK cause robinhood executed my order about 20 seconds later after the markets opened, then it dropped 2%. When I get more experience I'll just switch to forex with 10x margin cause rb is really shit

JDST was good to me this week.

I have safe investments

Yeah don't buy meme stocks without doing research and being confident. The one time I did I got fucked.

What stocks gave you that much in dividends?

Congrats on the nice return man, you got balls of steel for playing a 3x etf.

Slow and steady wins the race! It's nice to have that peace of mind sometimes. It's not a good feel when your portfolio loses over 5% of its value within minutes because of some meme.

BTC
T
C

ok so I probably heard about XXII here too but wasn't focused enough.

do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says but /rgt/ tends to have good tips once you get passed all the regretposts.

CEI is shit man, I held that for a few days and it went sideways...what is the catalyst for a pop or are you just hyped by the chart slightly curving up.

I was wrong about DXTR, got stopped out of that and today it popped (also a flatline chart so it's relevant to compare to CEI)

I have the spanking gif version of that if I can find i'll poast

no crypto talk here bucko

I HAVE NO REGRETS HERE. MY AMD STOCK IS A PERFECTLY SOUND INVESTMENT

T-TWENTY DOLLARS BY END OF YEAR. JUST YOU W-WAIT

Ustocktrade because I'm not a swing trading cuck

What are safe investments and how do you know it is one... I would rather do that honestly

Sell, buy Lower

And Repeat.

Is $250 enough to get started? I got paid yesterday, about $590 something.

Been sitting on my approved account waiting to add funds, but I feel like $250 is not gonna get me anywhere.

Just diddle around with $250 for a couple weeks. It's good practice.

Gotcha, will do. I am completely new to stocks so besides what the OP says, is there some kind of go-to stocks or is it pretty much what I feel is a good move with research?

My goal is to turn that 250 into 300 as a starting point. Just want to make a little bit more money and get use to it, so eventually I can start making them big gains when I snowball.

A little bit of both. Stay away from meme stocks until you can do some analyzing. Do ETFs if you're a lazy fuck and want slow gains.

Thanks friend. Just now linking my bank account so will be popping a fresh $250 soon enough.

Good luck

Thank you. But let's be honest, I'll probably lose that $250 fairly quickly. Although I am a patient man, so if a stock feels good, I'll easily be able to sit on it and check it every few days.

I suggest putting stop losses at 3-5%. I'm down 8% / $22 in 3 weeks because of 2 times where I accidentally slept