Pros and cons of daytrading vs holding?

Pros and cons of daytrading vs holding?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/university/technical/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marubozu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Possible huge gains vs possible gains, maybe?

Daytrading - Cutting Losses to avoid getting stuck in a Large Loss...

Holding - If you wait long enough you should never lose...

daytrading is more active, more fun, more TA

holding is actually where I get bigger gains from fundementals, and it's easier

Do you take a percent of your coins and day trade with them then hold the rest?

Technical is where it's at user, I cannot understand holding but in rare cases.
I mean if you do your research right there is almost no possibility of losing capital

I day traded ANS from the 210k range (after first pump until now). Would have made more just hodling. Not to mention I made the exchange richer with all my swing trades.

What would you lads recommend for starters to learn about how to do TA. Just google and investopedia to learn the basics?

start with this investopedia.com/university/technical/

Easy question

Daytrading is most beneficial in a bear market

Holding is most beneficial in a bull market

ETH is an easy example, when it mooned from 15$ to 420$, most daytraders said you should short at 50$, they lost because it was a bull market

But once the bitcoin shitstorm got stirred up and every coin entered a brutal, if not the most brutal bear market in crypto history, and ethereum dipped from 420$ to 128$, daytraders could easily have tripled their coins if they sold at the top

thank you user!

The worst thing you can do is day trade and then turn the random coin you were speculating on into a long term hodl.

Thanks

It is a game for me. I have the total amount of coins I bought in ICO. Now its a race against the price to make more than what that initial amount totals.

>15,000 in the last 3 months

I would day trade if I had the time. But I have to attend to Uni and study, so I can only check stuff from time to time and rarely read news.

Maybe I'll start doing it on weekends, like today which I spent most of my day on Veeky Forums and could've bought some SIGT.

you also have to value your time. You could make a shitload just by holding and invest 0 time. You could make a shitload by day trading, investing hours a day. You could lose money by making the wrong trades and you don't get your time back.

I do small trades. I'll sell when it looks like a small dip will come and set a buy order slightly lower, then walk away and come back to more coins in my wallet.

I think long term hodling is better, risk is lower, you dont have to catch falling knives, and timing dips and peaks is too hard and stressful.

1. holding = any retard can do it

2. day trading = requires actual learning and skill

Dual-wielding daggers vs. wielding a two-handed sword, at least I think the same principle applies - how much damage are you doing and how often do you manage to hit?

How do you predict the dips and rises

>fundamentals

learning candlestick charts, which is a pain in the dick

Daytrading: Gains
Holding: Sanity

Why candlesticks instead of zigzag?

More information to work with
For example, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marubozu

>the most brutal bear market in crypto history

holy shit it was like 2 months. crypto is sitting pretty if that's the most brutal bear market it's ever seen

trading: mad profits, fucked up sleep patterns [no more 7hrs]
holding: less profits, comfy

>he doesn't know about 2015

>trying to day trade since July
>lost as much as I've made
I mean, at least I'm not in the red. Maybe I need to be pickier with coins. Or to stop trying to trade the same one for more than a day or two.

Can't learn unless you fail. If your failures kept you even, you're lucky. My first 3 months were the same and I'm still thankful I didn't lose anything but unrealized gains.

>brutal, if not the most brutal bear market in crypto history

Lol, wait until October.

these coins will never go down

i consider it an mmo.

some nights you get to powerlevel with the whales.

some nights are slow.

other times you are just hanging out in the chatrooms speculating waiting around.