I don't understand alts

I don't understand alts.

For the sake of argument, lets say Bitbean is $10 each, and Bitcoin is $5000.

If I buy 100 Bitbean for $1000, that means I trade $1000 worth of Bitcoin for it.

If Bitbean pumps to $20 each, and I sell all 100, I have $2000 worth of Bitcoin now.

However, if Bitcoin's price dips to $2500 immediately after selling, wouldn't I effectively have lost all my money for no reason?

Why do people trade alts? This makes no fucking sense. Ethereum at least can be purchased directly with fiat, but alts are tied to BTC so why the fuck not just buy BTC?

You CAN buy alts with fiat

Dumbass

literally nowhere

ethereum is the only one you can buy with fiat

Bitcoin doesn't do that though, even if it tanks it recovers within a few days. Alts climb and drop way more dramatically. Most whales use BTC as their hedge simply because it is to alts what fiat is to crypto. It's what carries the market.

Omg kys

i dont think alts is ur problem, just basic multiplication/exchange rates

no u

i had to buy ETH before i could get exchange it to bitcoin

you can also buy LTC with fiat on coinbase

Alts aren't directly tied to BTC actually. Altcoins axtually do things, which is why you need to pick worthwhile projects.

/tread

Don't breed. For the sake of mankind.

>being this much of a fucking retarded newfag

yeah but then you're using cuckbase

baitimus maximus, or you just went full retard

If you have 1 btc worth $2, and you day trade up to 2 btc, but the price of btc drops to $1... you're lucky you didn't hodl.

Why would you wait to buy Bitbean at 10 dollars instead of now when they're less than a cent?? Because you're dum dumdum.

n
i
c
e,

I

j
u
s
t

b
o
u
g
h
t

K

i used it as an example you absolute fucking mongoloid

You really haven't don't your research, have you? Check out kraken, bitfinex, and hitbtc just for starters

Here is my opinion on it all user, because you seem legit. Largely, you are right. Sure alts are more volatile so can move relative to btc faster, but they're still essentially tied. Most of these alts and even the big fish are gonna tank in a couple years, but there will be a couple winners. It's like the early days of the net. There is a yahoo, an askjeeves, a hotbot, and a google and amazon. btc is your best bet as of now but that can change overnight. Crypto is the future, we just don't know which one will lead the way.

the problem is btc.
its like 10000x the price of alts, so everything you buy is like .0000x, which is retarded
secondly everything is so volatile, just looking at how they trade playing crypto against crypto doesnt mean anything without referring back to fiat