Boss doesnt pay overtime

You keep your own hours and then report them. No For example, I had 42 hours last week at $17/hr. I would earn 2 hours overtime at 1.5x pay ($25.5) so he would owe me $50.

Instead, he pays me for 40 hours then the next week when I had only 38 hrs he upped that to 40. I've worked here 6 months, this type of shit happens alot

I am not mr moneybags either. What should I do? Confront?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=chinese overtime&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
justanswer.com/employment-law/27lqt-legal-bank-hours-store-working-hours-cash.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bring a gun to work

yes you cuck

The fact that he is still reimbursing you those 2 hours means he's not entirely a bad guy. I know tons of people who don't get paid for their extra time or have to come in just for tips. If other jobs are available then yes do something about it. Otherwise be glad you've got something.

>Confront?

Only if you are ready to find another job.

HR manager here. That's illegal and you can sue. If you decide to do anything, just make sure there's evidence and try to keep track of what you are owed. Maybe you can get a pro bono lawyer.

Its not illegal. It depends on the contract you signed. Banking hours is legal

document your hours
threaten with lawsuit
easy peasy you fucking wage cuck

This. Read over the employee contract and figure out what kind of payment system you're on. Sounds like OP is on Chinese overtime.

google.com/search?q=chinese overtime&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I used to be on Chinese overtime when I was a merchandiser for Pepsi. It's a bullshit system but if you don't like you, you get another job like I did.

I didnt sign any papers to work with this man. All I did was let him copy my SS and drivers license. He runs a franchise of a national labor related co.

document everything, report him to your states department of labor (odds are he's doing a bunch of shady shit), get a new job and call it a day. learn to respect yourself.

I think it the pay period matters. Do you get paid weekly or bi-weekly? If it's bi-weekly, you may be required to work at least 80 hours through the two weeks to get paid overtime.

read your contract pedro

that is legal and yes its scummy but feels=/=reals

Wrong. You must pay employees for all time they worked in a week unless they are working a salaried exempt position (i.e. a management position).
justanswer.com/employment-law/27lqt-legal-bank-hours-store-working-hours-cash.html

Not the same thing. That's basically a salaried job with an overtime provision. What OP is describing is overtime going unpaid for one week in order to be paid the next week, which is illegal.

You didn't fill out an I9? If not I'm pretty sure that's even more illegal, although my I9 knowledge is admittedly incomplete.

100% illegal and can be sued if no employment contract or OP is not "exempt" under FLSA. Most States also have analogous statutes you can sue under as well.

-lawyerfag

weekly

again, there was no contract. I showed up, started working, gave my id and SS to be copied, and that was 6 mo ago

>not working at least 40 hours every week
You're lucky he doesn't fire your ass, wageslave

got rained out, pendejo

Oh, so he's basically a recruiter/temp manager. Yea, they do shady shit all the time.

I know temp places that are so desperate to fill spots that if you show up at a date and time, they'll have you in a job that day. Usually having you follow them straight to the plant after a 15-20 minute orientation. No drug tests, no nothing. They'll take like $100-150 out of your first paycheck as their fee but if you can make it at the place 90-180 days, you can usually see your salary go 1.5-2x and then the actual company will give you proper forms and shit.

The last company I worked for, smallish company, I went into a moldy office and the guy put in my SSN on the eVerify website and that is basically all there was to it. Some forms I vaguely went through but again, workers needed so they streamline shit.

you have to go back

wage cuck

Are you a contract worker with a fixed income?

file a police report.