Does Veeky Forums lift?

Does Veeky Forums lift?

You guys do know that you deserve a good strong body for your good, strong wealth, right?

Yep, I even work at the local gym.

That's not very Veeky Forums though, don't you make fuckall?

Can't be bothered. What ticks me off about it is that you have to keep doing it forever to maintain it. I'm not willing to sacrifice such a huge amount of my personal time for the advantages it offers.

Lifting is great but not for me.

I agree lifting is retarded, you can easily stay lean with good nutrition and using a bike to commute

But fellas... Lifting is probably the most efficient use of your time. It takes like 5-8 hours a week or so and has immense benefits. There's really nothing else you can do for under 10 hours a week that has as much benefit.

I guarantee you spend more than 5 hours a week on Veeky Forums or videogames or some other totally useless activity.

>Lifting is great
>I agree lifting is retarded
Are you sure you're not retarded?
Also, you're going to need much more than a bike and good nutrition to look muscular.

Well what is it useful for?
1. Girls
2. Fights
3. Moving stuff
4. Confidence/self esteem
5. General health/wellbeing

That's it really, if you don't care about these things it's not really useful.

I lift while watching TV or movies. 6 hours of video content a week is easy to come by, and the benefits are innumerable. Get off your fat ass you lazy turd and make yourself better.

>Well what is it useful for?

Looking good, feeling good, being healthy, literally the most basic functions humans need to perform that if you don't regularly train your muscles and connective tissue WILL get you injured as you age.

>1. Girls
>2. Fights
>3. Moving stuff
>4. Confidence/self esteem
>5. General health/wellbeing
>That's it really, if you don't care about these things it's not really useful.
Literally everyone cares about those things though... Find me one other thing with nearly as much benefit that takes 5 hours a week. You'd be hard pressed to find something besides perhaps reading.

18 and studying finance. Doing a hell of a lot more than my peers if nothing else.

Only bags. Heavy heavy bags.

Okay that's bretty good then

WE ARE THE DIGIMARINES

Good one. Made me laugh.

So general health and wellbeing?
Since I'm not immortal I do not see how this is relevant in the long run.

I don't really give a shit about those points. Most people who don't lift don't really care about 2-5 since they rarely happen or they don't find those points important.

Most guys care about girls though, muscles help in that regard but I don't really give a shit about girls either. Too lazy to get involved.

>So general health and wellbeing?
>Since I'm not immortal I do not see how this is relevant in the long run.
Wat

Why would you have to be immortal to care about how you live your one and only life? Your health is the most important thing that you have by far.

>Since I'm not immortal I do not see how this is relevant in the long run.

then kys and send me all your bitcoins before doing so. what's the point of any of this if that's your outlook on life. enjoy and maximize the time you do have here - who knows what kind of tech we'll see in the next 50 years anyway

>you're going to need much more than a bike and good nutrition to look muscular.
"looking muscular" isn't what makes you healthy

Have you ever thought about your reasons for living?

>it is impossible to have a good strong body without lifting

Correct, not sure why you quoted that though.

No one mentioned health, retard. I believe good nutrition probably a good start, though.
OP mentioned "a good strong body", nothing to do with health.
Biking is hardly going to make your body strong.
kys /cardiofag/

You're too retarded to argue with. But anyone else seeing this thread will understand my point.

You're not capable of arguing with this though, you don't have a point.

What are you going to do, carry around stone slabs at your demanding physical job for hours a day?

>inb4 calisthenics
Progression in that quickly becomes very difficult to make and gauge, compared to simply adding 5lbs to the bar or using fractional plates.

shut up, rebecca.

T H I C C

Manlet detected

I lift regularly and was a diehard Veeky Forumsizen prior to being reborn as a Veeky Forumsraeli. The dedication and patience I learned while honing my physique has paid off immensely in trading. Physical fitness also helps keep the brain functioning at its peak. Neglecting your body cuz you don't "have time" is a false economy. Shiggydiggy.

Investing time so you have more time free seems rather pointless. Because immortality is not yet in our grasp I also fail to see why I should care about achieving anything at all. There is no point really.

Some people solve this issue by assuming life goes on after you die. Which sounds rather conflicting. But it gives your life and your accomplishments meaning again suddenly.

>I also fail to see why I should care about achieving anything at all. There is no point really.

So why are you even here then? Sounds like you're better off with the nihilist brainlets on /r9k/.

>Investing time so you have more time free seems rather pointless
It's about quality of life you fucking retard, and yes, you're not going to want to suddenly live less when you turn 50 or 60 or whatever.