Family Veeky Forumstory

What's your family's history?
What ethnicity, what wars of nationality and ideology did they fight in, and on what side?

Obviously you need not go into personal detail since this is anonymoose forum, but just the general gist.

I...I don't know shit.

For example:
Protestant Anglo family here in the American continent since colonial times. Anglicized German name that we managed to actually trace back to Northern Ireland.
Somehow I never learned what my family did in our Civil War, but since they were in Iowa at the time they we're almost certainly Union.
Fought in the World Wars for the Entente/Allies naturally, and the West in the Cold War, having also fought in Vietnam.
All told the most archtype American: Protestant, Germanic, Anti-Communist, Western

Surely you know SOMETHING.
This is an international forum, just give your surname origin, nationality, and religion.

and your mothers maiden name and the name of your first pet xx

Also the number on your credit card + CCV and expiration date

Grandparents were too young during WW2, one great grandparent was an air raid warden, another was a soldier who basically did nothing the whole time since he was in one of the diversionary units who attacked the Isle of Wight.
One of them never talked about the war at all but definitely fought in it, so I assumed he either did or saw some really fucked up shit.

I'm one quarter French-Canadian and my ancestor came over to New France a long ass time ago

That's about it

Italian peasants, got the shit bombed out of their village in the 40s, came to Connecticut in the 50s. I had a great great uncle fight for Italy in WWII, to my knowledge he's my only veteran besides my maternal grandfather who is from China. He came over here and RICE'd a southern lady. He was a mechanic in Vietnam and got blown up, received a purple heart for it. Came with his uncle from China when he was 17.

Dad is a guinea from new England, mom is hapa southern lady.

Settled in Connecticut in the mid 1600s, one guy was governor of the Oregon Territory.
If you go really far back you've got the Carolingians and Willy I but literally everyone's descended from them.
If the Anglo-Saxons were right I've got Odin in there but that's probably bullshit.

South African
Greek/English
WWII
One male great grandparent per side of the family fought on the allied side. Mom's side was an RAF pilot, no idea as to specifics of dad's side. Should definitely ask my gran about it.

HEritage goes back as far as the Danish kings and king canute

can also claim relation to scottish hero Siward Beorn

other notable people from history Johnny Gilnokie and Neil Armstrong

Family was granted land by the King in the colonies (Southern Plantations), most of the family were loyalists during the revolution, except for one splinter group who moved farther North into the Appalachians.

To this day those Tory bastards are still filthy rich. I happen to be descendent to the splinter of rebels, and we're all scattered and have to work for ourselves. Apparently our family across the pond is also still filthy rich too.

I received an invitation to their once every 50 year family reunion, so I sent a "Join or Die," flag as a response for shits and giggles. I hope they laughed about it.

Forgot to mention the kings of Dublin (therefore Ivar Ragnarsson and co), Liudolfingers, Widukind, the kings of the Saxons, and the Wihtgilsing kings of Kent.

>I received an invitation to their once every 50 year family reunion, so I sent a "Join or Die," flag as a response for shits and giggles. I hope they laughed about it.
Depending on the dynamic, this is either pretty autismo or very funny

Pretty cool mix I guess.

My dad's dad was from an old-school Anglo family, a proud line of English and Scots-Irish grifters, thieves, and killers who settled early in America. Some of his relatives through a maternal line were here as far back at the 17th century, Ulster Scots types hoping to find work on somebody else's farm what was not already taken by slaves.

The first person of my last name was my great great great great great grandfather Benjamin Allen, a Kentucky settler born in Oadby, England who married into Daniel Boone's family and played out Blood Meridian. I don't know the specifics, but it seems like he couldn't afford his own homestead in the 1820s or '30s, so he was hired as a gunman by some wealthier farmer (maybe Daniel Boone's son) to protect the land and enforce some modicum of authority.

Kentucky at this time was a very wild place, and prior to the Jackson years much of that country was inhabited by Indians. Benjamin Allen and his comrades got into a scuffle with some nearby Cherokees, and this feud ended with Benjamin being carted off as a slave. Some years later in 1840, his son participated in a massacre of a Cherokees with other white settlers. According to a contemporary newspaper account, the son emerged from a tent with what he believed to be the scalp of his dad, Ben Allen.

This son's own grandson left Kentucky for Texas around the end of the 19th century. He struck oil early, making a good deal of money in that business. He invested it here and there, but wasn't too smart. By the time his grandson (and my grandfather) was born, all that was left was a farm a few hours outside Wichita, Kansas. My grandfather was born less than a decade before the Dust Bowl and the Great Depression. By the time he was 10, this farm was all but worthless and they were living like peasants.

My grandpa Frazier left Kansas in 1944 to join the air force, but before he was 21 the war had ended. With this free training he got a job at Boeing.

Mestizo, only ethnicities I'm certain of are some Pipil Indian, some Spanish and Basque, enough Basque in me that I have a last name and Basque facial features

They were always right leaning, they've been fighting communism since 1932 in El Salvador, Paternal Grandpa and Great Grandpa managed to not get genocided by siding with the government. Since then they've been borderline fascist, my uncle was in an Anti-Communist death squad during the civil war in the 80s and my dad was a spy for the government.

Maternal side was a family of plantation owners, they got rekt during the Civil War, a couple of my uncles on that side fought in the regular Army and those that didn't were in militias to protect Grandpas property and the village that lived off of the plantation.

Yes, I also do not like communists as a result of all of this

My grandpa Frazier also had some Swiss ancestors who came to Philadelphia the second the American Revolution ended, but I don't know anything about them except that they were Moravian Christians, so there's a good chance that this family (the Reichenbachs) were partly or fully descended from Slavic followers of Jan Hus who were forced out of Bohemia centuries prior.

More interesting is the family of Frazier's wife, my grandmother who died this year. Her father was from a German-speaking family from Alsace-Lorraine, who settled in a part of Texas that still contains a few thousand native German speakers today. Her father, born to Catholic German parents, married a woman named Ida Aras whose own parents were born in Ottoman Syria, a city called Zahle in today's Lebanon.

The Aras had left Syria around 1914, probably so Ida's father Habib could avoid Ottoman military service in the impending Great War. But being literal Syrian refugees, the USA wouldn't let them in. So my ancestors instead settled in Brazil. Thankfully, they managed to get to Texas before being too Huehueified, where they assimilated into the mostly German Catholic community despite their Arab roots.

The Catholic faith of the Aras is interesting, though. Their surname is rare today, mostly being found among diaspora communities in Iraq, in the Americas... and in Israel. Though every known ancestor on that side was Catholic, I managed to track down some documentation papers of other Brazilian immigrants of their surname. Though I don't know if we're related, these other Aras were as Jewish as Larry David. Who knows.

My mom's side is straight-up Irish. Her great grandfather was a prosperous news magnate in Leinster, but his daughter threw that all away to marry a poor boy and move to Philadelphia, the same place where some of my other ancestors had landed 170 years prior. One of my grandpa's cousins joined the British army in WW2 but got merked by the Japanese somewhere around Singapore.

Cool. Pipil are Aztec colonists, right?

Do you think your ancestors' political activity (and presumed collaboration with the US) helped or hindered El Salvador's development?

>Dads mom: daughter of a French canadian and a KY hill person
>Dads dad: Irish af
>Moms dad: english ancestry af
>moms mom: Dutch af, Swearingen, maiden name
My moms grandfather was a lt colnel in WW2 for the US, he pushed through thw black forrest with Patton
His son was a pilot in 'Nam
Dads uncle was in the first medical helo crash in US history/kia
>My family line is bretty cool and here i am shit posting

>Cool. Pipil are Aztec colonists, right?

Yes, apparently their isolation from the Aztecs made them even more death obsessed, prompting the Spaniards to go full crusade on them when they first made contact

>Do you think your ancestors' political activity (and presumed collaboration with the US) helped or hindered El Salvador's development?

My uncles and dad say the reason El Salvador is fucked up is because they didn't fight hard enough lol. Seriously though, nothing good came from the war, its a lot more complex than people think. The government was really rocky at the moment and the communists wouldn't have been able to fix anything, we know this for a fact because they're currently running the country and sold the country out to the cartels.

You know, I take back what I said about the government, El Salvador would've been much better off if the civil war never happened and if the commies never showed up. The saddest aspect of that war is how the Salvadoran culture DIED, my parents talk to people who come from El Salvador today and can't even believe that they're from the same country.

Thanks Communism...

>when you had 31 ancestors who fought in the Civil War and only two of them survived

Last name is originally from the Sligo portion of Ireland but first traceable relative was a tailor in Essex around 1437, been in America since 1638. Relatives fought in the revolutionary war and were at the surrender of Yorktown. Had 7 relatives fight for the CSA, only two returned home. Also had relatives fight in both world wars, (most likely) the Mexican-American war, Korea and Vietnam. Family was Catholic (I believe) up until the second great awakening

Great granddad on my father's side was a tank driver for the British Army during WWII
Apparently saw Mussolini's corpse when it was being displayed in Milan

Otherwise I don't know anything about him. He apparently only talked about the war to his pals when he was drunk, so I imagine he must've seen some shit.

My great grandmother on my mother's side was Irish and went to the UK to work as a nurse during the war

Any idea what boots there are?

My great grandfather fled from Lebanon after his father was beheaded by Druze for his farm or something.

Paternal great grandfather was conscripted to the Heer in 1943 and served until 1945 as a machine gunner. He apparently killed a bunch of guys during his time in the war. Died a few years back after living a fairly long and mostly happy life.

Maternal great grandfather died in the war. Don't know anything about him.

They are U.S Airborne jump boots

One of my ancestors was the woman who convinced Benedict Arnold to betray America.

My ancestor was a Chinese general who fought and settled in Korea after Japanese Invasion because he knew Ming dynasty was soon to be doomed.

Entire family is Czech, some Slovaks and Polish, got kike/kraut name for some reason.
Those guys are my indirect ancestory, Josef Najbor and Josef Dadej (Najbor is Dadej´s uncle). Took German citizenship in 1939 and fought somehwere, first photo is from 9th July 1943. Bot survived war and weren expelled for some reason, so they did something very good.
My direct ancestor, father of my grandmother, Albín Gabzdyl was forced to take German citizenship (as was common in my region) and got conscripted into the Wehrmacht as "someone with horses" (so logistics).
Last part, grandfather of my father that is Slovak got conscripted into the Hungarian army as guy living in souther Slovakia in 1942, fled to Soviets 3 months after, fought in Red army in Voronezh and Kharkov, later joined Czechoslovak army corps (3rd independent brigade) and fought near Liptovský Mikuláš, Ostrava and Dukla, got 3 times lightly wounded y mortar fire in neck, face and leg. Never wanted to talk about it. Died in 1993.

fuck, wrong pic

Photo of him, Imrich Kucharik in 70´s, war ended when he was in mountain region of Jeseníky, he probably took part in one of the massacres of Krauts here, i hope he did.

aristocratic flemings from a town that i dont want to mention since my retarded friends sometimes browses this board and he might dox me for fun. no participation in conflicts within recent memory afaik but by sheer chance theres probably at least one. rest is latin america so maybe killing aztecs/breeding with them? apparently my family was in the slave trade

mother side is old hungarians with a pinch of slovak
dad side has a german name but it could be hungarized slovaks/germans

Family on mothers side lived in eastern prussia until the 70s. One great grandpa died in the Volkssturm '45 while defending Allenstein, his brother was involved in industry critical to the war effort so he was spared from being drafted, only fall into a river while drunk and drowning in '44 :DDD One other relative managed to fulfill his dream of joining the panzer divisions only to drive onto a mine and dying in his first week of service, the last relative i know of from this side of the family was forced in'45 to watch over a cattle herd being sent into russia as war reperations, never heard from him again but he probably died in some gulag.
Grandpa stayed in eastern prussia after the war to get bullied by poles until he was allowed to leave for west germany in 1976

Father's side was pure slavish pole, dunno much about what happened to them in WW2 or prior as all family archives burnt down in some church in gdansk in 1939 after ther germans invaded, or so i was told. But my father served in the polish army in the early late70s/ early 80s when solidarnosc and stuff happened and he told me a bunch of stories about how they were scared of a soviet invasion etc.

I'm patrilineally descended (distantly of course) from Brian Bóruma, high king of Ireland. My more recent family buggered off to Australia during the Gold Rush (so post-penal colony) and founded a couple towns.

Not so certain on my mom's side. Lots of military history including American Revolution, Civil War, and Vietnam (no WWI/WWII).

My dad's dad's dad (great grandpa) was part of a group of like six people who plotted to overthrow the king of Afghanistan in the late 20s/early 30s. He failed and was exiled for ten years. My grandpa was born in exile.

As for my grandpa, he was both a UN diplomat and American engineering professor for thirty years. So smart the professor had him teaching his colleagues when he was needed. Oh, and he was one of the king's photographers. Found out about this when he bought me a camera last year for my birthday.

My dad was born under the monarchy, lived through the '73 peaceful coup and '78 Saur Revolution. He tells me stories about life as the 1% under the transition to communism in the very center of Kabul. Saw horrible things, I can go into more detail if you ask.

Escape story: my grandfather used his connections within the communist Afghan party (cousins are just as close as brothers and sisters in the culture) to get his wife and son to go with him on his UN related diplomatic trip in Paris. Normally it wouldn't have been allowed. They left everything they owned behind. As you've probably guessed, it was a ruse and they never returned within three days as promised. Had they gone back, they'd have all been executed before stepping off the plane. My grandparents never went back. My dad did only very recently.

The funny thing is that my grandpa was considering going back soon (for reasons unknown) but he was woken up by my dad on Christmas Day accompanied with the headline "Quatre-vingt mille hommes envahissent l'Afghanistan."

Maybe my anti-communist pro-helicopter stance is genetics. I'm a fucking US southerner and Afghan, try and name a combination better than that for wanting to fuck up some commies. I'll wait.

SE part of Slovenia
Slovenian nationality and ethnicity

Mother side:
- grandad was a partisan in primorska region during ww2
- some of his brothers were partisans some got killed. He was not supporting communist after ww2.
- grandma had 2 partisan brothers, they both survived. Onother brother was training for a priest and got killed after ww2 (prolly at Teharje).

Father's side
- my great grandad was a partisan and after capitualtion of Italy he came back home to take care of his kids. After the war he was branded a traitor and killed by partisans. Grandad was imprisoned and used for forced labour for being a son of a traitor. They had a hard time after the war.

Both sides were pragmatic peasants and dint support any ideology. they just fought against the occupation.

>What's your family's history?
My father's paternal side were influential mixed race elite business owners, teamsters, property owners

>What ethnicity, what wars of nationality and ideology did they fight in, and on what side?
Black Americans of African, European, Native American and Asian descent

WWI WWII Korean War Vietnam War

Those don't look like Corcorans though

>we wuz kangs thread

Czech/Croatian
Great grandfather was an SS during WWII and my father was in yugoslavian war as militia

I have a rare last name that can be traced back to Austria during the crusades.

Originally Huguenots who moved to Nassau to avoid persecution.One ancestor fought in and survived the Thirty Years war and lived to be 80. Eventually moved to Pennsylvania in 1758, they're still mostly in the Harrisburg area to this day.

On my dads side he can trace his line back to Cromwell, fought on his side family name of Knight.

On my mothers side they didn't really trace their heritage back but I have many photos of what I think are my great uncles in German military uniforms during WWII (he was a pilot) and I have photos of his father (I think) during WWI upon the SMS Vulcan, pic related, a U-boat repair ship.

I also have many Asian relatives which have no written stuff about their lines. Although my great grandmother (dads mums mum) died when the Thai coup happened in 2014, she went there for a buddhist funeral and her mother's final wish was to have her ashes scattered along the Mekong but she couldn't get a boat, her mother was friend of some thai general and actually took my grandmother out on the military boat, during a coup so she could scatter her ashes.

I suggest everyone learns in someway about your history, all you need is full names of each of your parents and their parents parents.

>Mother's side
My great grandparents were both Jewish immigrants. My grandfather's father grew up in Austro-Hungary. He claims to have been from Romania, but he only spoke Yiddish (and later English). The only real story that I know is that he says he saw Buffalo Bill on tour in Europe as a child, which seems to have actually happened. There's a funny story about how he made money when he first came to America. He took a job as a watch repairman, he spent all day taking apart the watch he was supposed to be working on, collected his day's pay and bought a bus ticket to Loraine, Ohio where he had family.

On my grandmother's side, all I know is that her mother and aunt moved out of Poland during the pogroms in 1906. They both only spoke Yiddish. There's a story about them being hidden in a false bottom of a hay wagon to avoid a curfew, and another about how they mistook white bread for cake on the ship to America.

My grandfather's brother was training to be an air force officer during WWII (USAF), but sadly died in a training accident. His other brother was a bombadier overseas on a B-29.

>Father's side
It's pretty much all Irish and Polish catholic on this side, ethnically. We have a family story
that's been passed down about how one of our ancestors fought with Brian Boru at Clontarf.

Most of my great+ grandfathers were in the army.
-I know one of them was in the US civil war (Union side), my great grandfather was in the coast guard where he "pulled cows out of the Mississippi"
-my grandfather was in the air force during WWII where he "bombed Texas." He scored so high on some test that they had him do experimental flights or something like that instead of going overseas.

german surname traced to ireland sure

My paternal surname is Acanda, I think they might be from Andalucia, but i'm not sure and there is a big fat 0 on them on the internet. They seem to be mostly relegated to Cuba, so the it's probably a misspelling of a different name. Would be nice if someone here knows something tho.

My maternal surname, And the one I go with, Is Terrile. I know they came from the italian province of Liguria, and they get their surname from the village of the same name. They came during the 1900s. I don't know much about them from before they got here tho.

I know nothing about my mom's side but my dad's side is full of shit heads. My great-great-great-great- grandfather was a settler in Idaho settler who did nothing all day but bitch about how he didn't have a job; we have a bunch of his diaries covering like 20 years of his life. His son was a brick maker who died in his late 20. His son did nothing of note. My grandfather was drafted into WWII but he ran away either during basic training or just before he was due to be shipped out. My father was about to dodge the Vietnam draft but the war ended like a week before he was going to turn 18.

Oh, one interesting bit is that my grandma was apparently part of the local nobility and got disowned for marrying into a lower class, or just because my great-grandparents didn't liked my grandad. And I'm a poorfag as a result. But I guess I wouldn't have been born if not because of that, so being a poorfag was the only way for me.

what the fuck are you LARPing about
nek urself

Filipino here. My great grandfather and his eldest son fought with the US on the archipelago during the Japanese invasion. Both were in Bataan until surrender. Great grandfather died during the death march and was buried with a bunch of other soldiers so we'll never find his actual bones. Eldest son survived WWII and died a few years ago. I never really had a chance to talk to him so I don't know the whole story.

All of my grandparents witnessed the actual occupation and shit.

Another grandfather signed up from the Philippines to enlist in the US Navy during the Vietnam War to earn citizenship or something. Served on the Galveston as a loader or something bombing the shit out of VC in the late 60's.

Ideologically, we're all over the place but mostly centrist.

>aristocratic flemings
>no participation in conflicts
You've got 2 world wars in recent memory what do you mean no participation

All these people being edgy giving away personal info sheit

Communism has killed the culture of all the countries it's touched in Latam. Sad but truth.

Tho then again I don't find neoliberalism to be too far from that.

Bullshit.

What japanese invansion? I'm thinking the one from the XX century. Which makes me wonder where you are posting from.

Wait nvm i'm retarded, Ming dynasty.

>Saw horrible things, I can go into more detail if you ask.

Please do.

>I'm a fucking US southerner and Afghan, try and name a combination better than that for wanting to fuck up some commies. I'll wait.

Anything involving either Cubans or Venezuelans.

And that is...?

Father was an ethnic Macedonian, was a second lieutenant in 90s Yugoslav wars, fought for Croatia, was a mechanical engineer and worked in IT.
His mother comes from a Bosnian Muslim family but switched to being an atheist Croat.
My grandmother's father was taken to a German concentration camp during WWII for helping his brother who was in the Yugoslav Partisans, survived.
My Macedonian grandfather was a member of the Communist Party and a lieutenant colonel in the Yugoslav People's Army, was a military engineer.
My maternal side are all Croats, one great grandfather was a Yugoslav Partisan during WWII and the other was a naval merchant who died while transporting ammo and weapons for the Partisans.
Pretty much everyone was either a farmer or a seaman and mostly came from villages.

I know that my Irish family came to America around the time of the civil war and fought in it.

When my family tourned Ireland we had trouble finding our name in the record books that we keep in the castles there as it is not very common. Finally found it in Kilkenny.
Our coat of arms is cool. A bow and three arrows.

I don't have much to say, I know that my grand grandfather for my mother side was a English mariner and my father family was always here in Chile, sorry but I don't know much more sir fbi

I'm Hmong. My ancestors fought and lost to the Laotians/Vietnamese, Chinese, and French.

Our history is that of a pretty constant state of oppression and Hmong Americans today are basically the niggers of Asian Americans. Our culture is going to die out (I don't care because it's another shitty derivative of Neo-Confucianism) but I'd like to at least preserve the language.

As far as wars go my ancestors were an important asset for the US during the Laotian civil war and when the US lost they basically left Hmong people for dead. Laotian and Vietnamese military still have ongoing ethnic cleansing campaigns, raping, pillaging, and massacring Hmong people whenever they find their little mountain settlements.

A few decades prior to the Laotian civil war was the war of the insane. Basically a revolt against French colonialists due to rampant taxation. Hmong people did really well until French sympathizers snitched on how well Hmong gun powder works in the rain (it didn't).

Further back is pretty much Mandarins doing Mandarin things and steamrolling ethnic/cultural minorities until my ancestors were forced to run to southeast Asia.

my grandpa was in WWII, he cheated on the eye exam to get in and he was as young as he could be
he regretted that, and not just because he shot several times and his dad sold his car

Hessian soldier in the revolution. Fought for British side, end of war moved to Georgia.
More Germans came to South Carolina and happened to be priests and set up a ton of mission churchs from sc to North Georgia.
English guy that fleas a guard on slave ships.
Great grandpa in the kkk.
I know nothing of the scottish, spanish, Swedish, or the by far majority English side

American here; my great uncle killed a ton of japs on Iwo Jima

as for descendency, I have this

Dad's side: assorted Slavic stuff, probably crypto-jews

Mom's side: traces back to 19th century Virginia slavemaster :DDDDD

overall I'm a pretty typical American mongrel

rate

did you try little umbrellas for the powder

No but there was a 200lb wooden cannon that shot shrapnel at Frenchmen and a yellow joan of arc wielding a bullet deflecting hemp flag.

Originally pure Scottish family who's ancestors fought for the Scottish independence and ended up eventually with a Castle (Castle Fraser), Great x3 Grandmother moved over from Scotland to Canada/The New World, Brought her Son and ended up living it out here, Currently sitting with a 95% ish Scottish Blood and the other being mixed between Scandinavian and Nordic.

AN INDIVIDUAL CANNOT BECOME A PERSON WITHOUT SEPARATING HIMSELF/HERSELF FROM FAMILY, AND KILLING THE FAMILIAL SPIRIT WITHIN HIS/HER HEART.

Just say you're a NEET and leave us alone man.

What does being or not being NEET have to do with this?

Burger here.

Mother's side of the family is entirely Rhinelander German, though they've all been here for at least four generations. I definitely know my great-grandpa (her paternal grandfather) immigrated in 1908 at ~17. Some of them lived in Ohio, but the rest lived in western Indiana. My grandfather was training as a navigator for a B-17 during the war, but V-J Day happened before he could be deployed. I know that my great-uncle (maternal grandmother's brother-in-law) was killed in Belgium and buried there.

Father's side of the family is almost entirely Irish. My paternal grandfather was originally from Massachusetts, moved to California when he was a military officer, and settled down there when he got married. His wife (my grandmother) had a French-Canadian father from Minnesota (drafted during World War I, never deployed) and an Irish-descended mother.

Jamaican on my Pops side
Trini on my mother's

My great great(?) Grandfather on my Fathers side was Irish

And that's about it

Oh my Grandfather was and still is a super fucking slut and I have about 17 aunts and uncles on my mom's side

Literally accidentally met my cousin a week ago at work was pretty cool

German and English. So...

WW1 - German and British armies on Western front
WW2 - German army eastern and western front & British merchant navy

Dad's dad was born in a fishing village in Southern France, he was the first of his family not to be a sailor in generations. His own father was a submariner in the WW2 French Navy, later joining the Free French and participating in D-day. My grandfather was conscripted at age 18 during the Algerian war, and sent on a boat to North Africa where he did some convoy escorting. While he was on a recon mission ahead of the convoy, he spotted and killed three Algerian fighters who were about to blast his buddies and got PTSD from it (he was 18 and reflex-killed three dudes in about 10 seconds). This part of my family originates from Gascony, in the French Pyrenean mountains, where family legend says we once were landed gentry but got rekt during the Guerre des Demoiselles in the 1830's (the Ladies War, basicaly angry French peasants crossdressing to ambush nobles and land-owners and beat them to death with farming tools). I'd like to investigate that part once I'm done with college.

Dad's mom's mom is descended from Italian immigrants to French Tunisia. A 1923 law made all whites in French Tunisia French citizens, so when Tunisa got its independence she was repatriated to France. There she met an Italian man, who was a former Regia Aeronautica pilot who fled Italy because of some shady shit that mostly rested on him still being pretty fashy (not sure but he might have been with the Salo Social Republic). Together they had my paternal grandmother.

Pic related is dad's dad inna Algeria. He's the cheeky cunt standing in the back and making faces.

Mom's dad is also a 1923 naturalized Italian from French Tunisia. Nothing special on this side, he was a typewriter technician, his dad was a fireman, his grandfather a docker. He lived through the North African campaign as a kid, he clearly remembers the Afrikakorps parading in town and Operation Torch.

When the Algerian war went down he was also conscripted but he managed to dodge frontline duty due to his technical background. He spent most of the war at HQ in Algiers, fixing Army typewriters, living through the military coup that brought down the 4th Republic and put De Gaulle back in power. For a time he also was General Salan's (one of the coup leaders) chauffeur.

He survived 3 assasination attempts by Algerian rebels: first they tried to drop a brick on him from a construction site, then they put a live grenade in one of those jump seats in a cinema (the firing pin is held down by the seat's pressure against the wall, when you drop the seat, the firing pin released and boom) and the last time they did the exact same thing in a crowded trolley car. When the war ended he worked in an American base in Central France where he learned English and lost his job when De Gaulle pulled from NATO.

Mom's mom finnaly, is the daughter of Polish immigrants to France. Her mom was from Poznan and her dad was from somewhere around Lozdz, they both came to France in the mid 1930's and got a farm in Central France. My great-grandfather was taken by ze Germans for forced labor at a V2 assembly and launch site in Eperlecques in Pas-de-Calais. What happened after is unclear but he walked back to the farm one evening of 1944 with a missing finger. He never told anyone exactly whhat happened but from what I gather he escaped, may or may not have been in bed with the Resistance due to his knowledge of the V2 program and the launch site's layout, and walked across half of France to get back home.

I'm Han Chinese. My family doesn't talk about their history much. One of my paternal great uncles was a pirate or something. My maternal great grandfather secretly supported the KMT. The other villagers found out, tied him up in the town square, and harassed him for many months. He eventually committed suicide. He was in his 30s-40s.

Croatian/English
My family only has records back to the beginning of WW1, except for one person. He was a knight and he fought for the Kingdom of Croatia during the 30 years war, and he wrote of his fighting as if he was some sort of hero who would save Europe.

Past that in world war war since Croatia was Austria-Hungary's land, my grand grand dad fought for them in the first couple battles before coming home due to an injury.

Then my grandfather, who actually helped the Nazis while they were invading the Balkans. We think he might have joined the Wehrmacht, but we aren't sure since he won't really tell us.

Then my Mum moved the family to England and married my Dad. My Dad fought for the UK in the Korean war.

>I sent a "Join or Die" flag as a response

>tfw the most rare and original Mac Farland branch
>Literally descended from Parthalain
Eat a dick Scots

Grandad was a millionaire that cucked my grandma and gave his fortune to her second wife leaving my grandmother to dad and her other 3 children poor as hell he fought in the Mexican Revolution