How can this POSSIBLY be true?

Okay Veeky Forums, real talk here. I found this in the "show me your holdings" thread. This guy is literally a millionaire from some shitcoin I've never heard of. Let me ask you people this. If he tried to cash out right now, could he really exchange this "SC" whatever that is for "One MILLion Dollars"? Cuz I don't believe it. I think it's just play points that don't really mean anything at all. Convince me otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/token-economy/the-analysis-filecoin-doesnt-want-you-to-read-e60d5243f17c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no he would crash its entire market. from what i gather he is an ancient long term hodler that refuses to sell off in small increments. either that or a larper with le epic inspect element.

He could not.

On paper, he has the money, but it is a very illiquid market. It would take awhile to sell it.

Still, if done right over an adequate amount of time, he could come out with like $950,000 - $ 975,000.

And yes, buy Siacoin (SC). This thing will make people filthy rich over the long term (years, the guy in the picture must have gotten in at the start).

I'm personally holding nearly a million of the things.

It isn't true. Anyone can fake their earnings on Blockfolio.

>This thing will make people filthy rich over the long term
Why? What does it offer that other shitcoins don't?

He's using a ipod for fuck sake lmao...

and blockfolio can easily fake earnings

This guy had like 2.7 mill before

Fell bad for him, he's lost a lot

If he's smart he would be slowly cashing out over weeks so he didn't crash it, or maybe he's smarter than us all and it'll become 20m and he'll have little trouble cashing out due to the huge volume increase.

I don't use Blockfolio but I suspect the answer is no - I doubt it calculates your totals based on actual order books, if it's anything like the exchanges it's using the current lowest ask instead of the current highest bid. That guy might be able to sell 1 SC at that price but certainly not 85m.

That doesn't mean he isn't quite well off.

A decentralized enterprise grade storage platform far superior(and cheaper) to amazon S3 and Google Drive(Eventually)

honestly did not care about SIA due to some dumbfucks on here spamming anime, then I did some research.

other coins are attempting to compete and do what SIA is already doing, so that in itself is an indicator of quality.

This: They have a pretty competent and highly communicative development team that focuses entirely on the project and is not going to do marketing until they're ready. They're going to their system over to ASICs next year to free themselves from the threat of possible GPU pools that move in from other alts (or Ethereum). The first bounty was quite successful. Etc.

Plus, I have a friend whose doing front end development for this sort of thing as his job. He pulled me into Sia and is sitting on a shit ton of the stuff. Will make far more than I will.

As for competition:

Filecoin is trash:
medium.com/token-economy/the-analysis-filecoin-doesnt-want-you-to-read-e60d5243f17c

Storj lost their lead dev over "internal disagreements" (Sia is trying to recruit him now last I heard) and the way they set up their service makes it ripe for fraud. Plus they focused more on marketing than actual development.

MaidSafe is doing more than just storage, so its a mixed bag.

This is the case with a lot of large holdings in most coins. Selling off an large amount may or may not deplete the order book. This means that only your initial orders are filled at the first price if you set a sell order at the lowest price (1 sat), the rest cascading down through the prices, from highest to lowest. Each price layer sold takes the price of Sia down that much further. Theoretically, if you had enough coins, you could sell all the way through to the 1 sat buys and burn up even those, at which point the market will have crashed completely down to 0. If you were to put in a sell order for all those 85mil Sia at market price, you'd only sell the orders that are on that level, but the rest would be sitting, waiting to be bought. I do remind you an 85mil Sia sell wall is quite a repellant. The guy can actually manipulate Sia prices as a whale would.

>implying the guy isn't just larping
Anyone can type in numbers into blockfolio. I call bs

>some shitcoin I've never heard of
nice bait, you fucking faggot. If you actually are talking seriously you are some deluded idiot making asumptions I suggest to lurk a lot more before making a thread with some random stupid statement.

I have no intention of cashing out 'right now'/
The plan was always to sell a small amount over time. No point crashing the market.

I also found a dealer that can give me cash at a 1% fee to Bitstamps price whenever I convert it back to bitcoin.

>Convince me otherwise
Again, here's my polo holdings.
I still have to transfer it out once I get my minebox.

>implying implications

nigger those tabs, what the fuck

I have that 'I'll check that thread later' syndrome and never close it.
Like right now I have like 9 tabs about VNs because I'm too lazy to write down the names to download them later.

H-How many tabs is that...

Jesus those tabs

Also for fucks sake at least send your some of SC to bittrex too, dont want to get exit scammed and lose it all instantly

>implying that's your Screenshot
Nice date you got there on your computer , fellow larper

How much time it take your Chrome star-up with all left over tabs?

Anyways, can you have a pity and send me a few SIA coin, please kind sir?
9ab516449cd5857a41462d9dad2c11ca5bc86491df9617238b15dda75fdb71699d7709bd0039

>implying implications
Yes, it's an old pic. I'm on another computer and don't want to go on polo with it.
The number is still the same.

How many siacoin do I need for 1 million usd in 10 years?

Guys investing my money into wealth is starting to change my life. Couple months ago I was living paycheck-to-paycheck and always broke. I don't make very much money and I have a lot of bills equaling over one half of my monthly earnings.

900 gold and silver
1100 in Bitcoins on my computer
650 sitting in GDAX
75 in Litecoin
250 thanks to the Bitcoin split

Sad to admit it but this is a most wealth I've ever had in my life. But what boggles my mind is how fast it has accumulated.

Do you think Bitcoin was a gift from God to help fix this corrupt Society. Is God santoshi?

Uh you can put any number on blockfolio