Tfw no empathy

>tfw no empathy
>tfw will never understand morality

Morality is just tradition desu is designed for normies

For me it's more like one of those games where you make your own rules.

Like, I want to improve the net amount of good and happiness in the world, because I'm bored and that's a hard thing to do.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you user, at least you aren't an edgy asshole about it

>He doesn't rationally understand morality
What's it like being not only an autist but a mental midget too?

Having empathy is different from observing bad things happening to people that bring it upon themselves (like poor people). Yeah, it sucks, but you did it to yourself. Leave me the fuck alone. If you were doing everything right and still had bad luck, then I might feel bad

free will doesn't exist

Let me fill you in on something.

When I was around 19, I started more heavily using the internet and I quickly caught on to the whole meme surrounding healthcare in the United States. Everyone made it seem like it was completely unaffordable and out of reach for the ordinary person. So, being the inquisitive person I am, I went ahead and looked up some quotes online.

At this point in time, prior to Obongocare, I was very surprised to see that it was only $400/month. This was when I swallowed the ultimate red pill that these liberals truly are retards. I sat around watching these people spend their meager income on alcohol, marijuana, overpriced fast food, and other junk. These are the same type of people that walk into grocery stores and buy whatever they feel like eating or drinking with absolutely no regard for the value. These people do not compare the price:volume ratios using the calculator app on their smartphones. These people do not seek out the coupons online or from the daily circulars. These people do not use credit cards even though credit card companies literally pay you to use them. These people do not make the effort to use their own bank's ATM instead of paying some absurd $3 fee to use whatever shitty gas station ATM they had the wherewithal to finally use.

If those are the life decisions you are going to make, you don't have a right to complain about poverty or "lack of free will"

That doesn't have anything to do with what I said

>tfw no empathy
>tfw I'm in touch with society enough to understand morality

Just because you and I can't feel or 'internalize' other people's emotions (maybe empathy means something else to you idk) doesn't mean you can't on a conceptual level, understand morals and ethics. A moral action, as opposed to an immoral action is as simple as asking the convention and looking into special cases. From there, just build up a skill for picking up on patterns

>can't internalize the feel of how slaves felt back in the day, or even slaves today.
>asked the convention (read a fucking book), looked into special cases (Freddy Douglas, kangs, etc)
>on a conceptual level I understand the morality behind disliking slavery, and why people probably don't like it (even why some do like it)
>???
>profit

No different than saying it's bad because it's bad.

I have too much empathy for my own good. Best advice I've ever received was that I'm too naive for this world and should be wary.

>impling morality is based upon empathy

>it was only $400/month.
>it
You know healthcare isn't just one thing right? It costs different amounts for different people. Also you don't pay per month for healthcare, you pay for insurance. You're retarded

You don't need empathy to understand morality.

Morality is not about other people. Morality is about yourself.
The reason why a girl shouldn't be sleeping with anyone who fancies her is not because it hurts other people or because religion said so. It is because being a slut will make her unhappy.
The reason why a guy shouldn't become a crackhead is also not because the law said so or because it hurts other people. It is because being a zombie is bad for you.

Unironically listen to Zizek talk about the role of dogma. You can't "make a pass" if there aren't any norms to pass.

You don't need empathy to understand morality, it's the most basic form of a social contract.

You agree not to kill and steal on the condition that others agree to the same, because you don't want to be killed or robbed. You don't have to care about other people to understand morality. All you need is to care about yourself and have a bare minimum of rationality.

I think OP is talking about "moral impulse" rather than "moral constructs".

>"""""""""""""""""only""""""""""""""""" $400

>At this point in time, prior to Obongocare, I was very surprised to see that it was only $400/month.
That's more than rent in most of the developed world. Hell, that's more than rent in most states.

...It's also a lot more than I've ever paid for health insurance, in the states, and under fairly good plans at that.

Why is killing people wrong?

But in modern society you can get away with it.

This. Hopefully our disendents will be able to replace them with robots.

>only $400/month
Your nation is the biggest collection of good goyim I've ever seen in my life.

New money gonna new money. The problem is lately the poor want to be able to emulate new money instead of old. Which is inherently retarded.

>That's more than rent in most of the developed world. Hell, that's more than rent in most states.
Not true.

If your own sapience is important then it follows that other sapient beings have value.

You are arguably not your future self, so why do you bother getting up to go to the toilet? Why not piss yourself right away and let future you deal with it. You already have some sort of capacity for kindness.

If you can't sacrifice $400/month in luxuries for your OWN HEALTH then fuck off and don't ask me to support single payer. It's not that much money. Stop being a poor idiot

>3,600 a year is acceptable for a male between the ages of 16 and 25, which almost all Veeky Forums posters are

Nigga, I pay 190 a month for Anthem and that still feels like getting raped.

>If your own sapience is important then it follows that other sapient beings have value.
No it doesn't.