What is in your opinion the best crypto to mine at the moment and/or for the long run...

What is in your opinion the best crypto to mine at the moment and/or for the long run. I have absolutelly no clue which to start minning

whattomine.com

Lol.... yes signatum is far and away the most profitable coin right now. It's volume traded has surpassed Ethereum on cryptopia. It's a forgone conclusion that this is heading moonwards once one of the major exchanges gets it. Although i would wait for the next dip, by rights it should be 3cents maximum. Once the block halving happens then the price will be around 5 cents. 5 cents before the block has hit its first halving screams pump.

Super late bro we actually broke 6 cents earlier today..

Sitting steady around 5.3 cents

>tfw sleeping while the coin was mooning

At least I left it mining. So far I have 200 coins. Maybe I'll buy on the next dip.

What is the risk of buying in the current up-trend? I've been wanting to buy since 1k sats but didn't catch up.

As much as I like to see shit coins rise to the occasion, this one is losing steam at current price. Probably wait for 1200 to get in

I'd just buy it as soon as i can and forget about it

Give it 1 month you'll have more than doubled your money

This 24 high/low is just too spread for my liking, the big volume spike has slowed with more sells coming in hard for profit taking. This current green candle seems to indicate this. I'd buy in again at 1400.

Am I looking at the wrong information or has the total network hash rate dropped dramatically over the past few hours? Earlier today it was sitting around 1500k MH/s, peaked at over 2000k, dipped to ~850k and is currently sitting at ~1200k.

Also, despite the drop in total network hash rate, the amount of coins mined over the last 2 hours has dropped significantly from ~60 per hour to ~30 per hour (unless this is just extremely good luck followed by extremely bad luck).

wait for a diff adjustment. i went from 31 to 18 coins per hour in 2 days

How is difficulty and total network hash rate connected for sigt? For instance with zcash there is a capped number of coins available to mine per day and the difficulty auto adjusts to keep this in line. Is there a similar thing for sigt? As far as I understand higher difficulty = less coins but I'm not sure how total network hash rate is related.

Yes I agree.

higher difficulty - people mine something else, simple as that

there's a bit of mining fomo but most miners are probably skeptical this won't just crash back to 1000 at a moment's notice

there was a large hashrate jump from which caused my mining to go from 100 coins/hour to 30. then diff kept increasing, and the lowest was 18 coins. when sigt plummeted to 6xx, many people quit mining and diff adjusted to give 33 coins/hr again

Back up to ~40 coins for the last hour now, I wish I spent a day or 2 mining this a week or two ago haha. I'm going to keep mining this regardless of the price until the block reward halves. If the profitability is similar to zcash at that point I will probably just go back to zcash mining since I am more confident in the stability of zcash, although with such a low market cap sigt def has a lot of potential...

So where are you minning next ?

Expecting a large diff drop because the general consensus is people will abandon ship with the block halving. Will keep mining for at least a week when that happens to gauge profits.

Don't feel like returning to mining ether, it sucks more by the day. Rather, might try DCR for a week or two (not dual mining) - got somewhat lucky with sigt, but don't really expect something similarly good for mining to appear for quite a while.

(You)

btw. don't listen to me, I'm new to mining

I have a 1080Ti system so zcash is still decent for me. At current difficulty and pricing, zcash is ~$32 USD per day where as sig is ~$65 USD per day, so if the difficulty and price were to remain constant sig mining would still be competitive with zcash. I see a lot of potential for the value of sig to rise if it gets listed on bittrex (should be an easy 3-5x minimum, at least initially) but the zcash price seems really cheap right now and I expect it to go back up to at least ~$300 per coin by mid september.

And there goes the difficulty right through the roof! Currently ~23k now lol.

will be added on bittrex soon. bittrex followed signatum on twitter which is a step they take for all newly added coins.

If you have a nvidia card mine sigt. Get the fast ccminer from the bitcointalk thread.

I'm talking about the diff drop after the halving, silly.

I'm guessing most people are only in the coin because of immediate mining profits (multipools), they will leave first.

Also, my fucking rig died again, aargh.

Dies after ~1 day at intensity 20, now died after 3 days at intensity 18. Looks like a memory leak or something.

You should get a program which refreshes the miner every couple of minutes. Most crashes were caused by hangs for me.

I made a program for that.

Mine is 300 km away, and I use Teamviewer to connect to it. When the TV connection is lost, the only thing that helps is someone physically rebooting the machine.

I've made a setup already with restarting the miner every hour, and rebooting the machine every 8, but it seems more wasteful than just finding a good intensity/oc for my cards.

My miner fuggin hated not having a monitor plugged in. Maybe even get a dummy adapter made or just plug in a monitor and never turn it on. Seriously fix 99% of my problems with using teamviewer.

>tfw cucked by lack of amd optimizations for sigt mining

you answered your own question lmao

Signatum dropping...sell now, buy dip??

>mined like 1500 the first night
>mined like 15 last night

Oh well, I hoarded enough in the first week that I should at least be able to reach low earth orbit when SIGT moons.

Tune down your oc