Actual non-meme coins for long term

ITT we shill what we believe to be the best long term hodling coins that are actually solid and won't fall after a year to be worth literal shit.

***No posting of the typical shit coins you see here, not going to mention their names because they'll get caught by Veeky Forumsbros who have (wisely) muted them out. They're threads you see posted by a certain... Indian character...

For me, it's Monero. I'm extremely bullish on this coin because of its fantastic anonymity features, great community support, intelligent dev team (mostly PhDs) and of course, the enormous scope for opportunity in the dark web - on AlphaBay, about 2% of transactions were Monero. The next big marketplace to actually stay up will have to be predominantly JUST Monero. I also like the coin because I support the movement behind it, as it truly is liberating for its users, unlike some other good coins like BTC.

Other urls found in this thread:

iotasupport.com/foundation.shtml
cryptocoinsnews.com/iota-foundation-enters-historic-partnership-with-refugee-nonprofit/
reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3tb8am/can_a_practical_lightweightmobile_client_be_made/cx4uy8m/
youtube.com/watch?v=nzcGryAU1_M
trello.com/b/6TngvuLf/neoblockchaindevelopment
reddit.com/r/NEO/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its bitcoin and monero

it always has been. People on this board are fucking retarded, all of these shitcoins are actually shit, and will go nowhere, temporarily propped up by consumer greed about getting in on the "next" bitcoin.

there is no next bitcoin. That ship sailed, the world already changed.

wrong

Same.
I'm 10% XTZ and the rest is split between BTC and XMR.

Also, I should add: XMR is extremely undervalued right now. Its bloody crazy how this isn't at least 3rd in market cap of cryptos as it is blaringly obvious how good this coin is

It's the only crypto that is an actual currency.

Zcash is better.

Zionist Cash is NOT better

Ark

Being a platform for swapping cryptos is ambitious and the devs can code

Interested in seeing what happens in Q4

I was hesitant about it until they recently successfully triggered an Eth contract with it
now I want to pour my money into it

zcash isnt anonymous, despite claiming to be. That should send alarm bells off in your head, but you're stupid, so it doesn't.

Explain.

I have a big margin long on XMR at @0.0177 and I'm not fucking closing until Monero has a market cap above fucking Ripple

IOTA, BTC, XMR

Where do you see the potential for XMR?
I think its reasonable to expect 0.05 - 0.1 BTC if it starts getting more adopted on darknet.

I agree OP, there are some promising projects, but its hard to pick the right one. BTC and XMR on the other hand look very solid long term.

It is if you use z-addresses.

I plan to invest in this coin as it's still in the very early stages and has the potential to make it big. Although not as stable of a long hodl as I think Monero is, I reckon investors of Ark could be rewarded with some very large gains in the near term. Bigger than Monero can provide near term at that.

You fucking explain, the onus of proof is on you as you claimed it was better than XMR, which I have already described to be a solid coin.

At some point people will realise that Monero is the real danger to Bitcoin. Not BCash, not Ethereum, not Litecoin, but Monero.

Sentiment has been becoming extremely bullish for Monero in last month or so.

Undervalued is the right word for it.

It's really not funny anymore. You are overusing memes like a fuckin plebbitor. Are you one?

Nice, will post another 100k

Too hard for people. It has to be private by default or it's not private full stop.

Fuck off retard

This

It would be good if there was an easy way to utilize z-transactions using a windows wallet with an actual gui, but until then I agree with you.

What impact do you think the Stratis breeze wallet will have once tumblebit is working? Bitcoin could be used for anonymous transactions.

Verge is clearly better then monero.

Monero - a swiss bank account in your pocket

Iota - transact without paying fees to chink miners

What makes Monero so great and private?

>t. newfag brainlet

have you xmr fags ever used monero?
there are NO lightweight wallets
you need to have every transaction downloaded to use monero properly
>Monero - a swiss bank account in your pocket
unless you can carry all that memory with you all the time

they have a FLEXIBLE blocksize which means if monero was every adopted for actual use the memory requirement would explode
you would need to invest a lot in hardware to host every transaction
It is anonymous but it isn't scale-able

I'm long on vertcoin
it's scale-able bitcoin/litecoin copy with all the upgrades like segwit and lightning network
Their mining algo is ASIC resistant which means they will never lose control to the chinese mining cartel that dominates bitcoin bcash and litecoin.
It's more decentralized, has all the same features, and is still relatively small yet has been around 3.5 years

BNT

the most undervalued coin out there

Memory is getting cheaper, no?

Also do you have to personally use a wallet or can you just use a third party for transactions?

I'll admit I'm a bit of a brainlet when it comes to the ins and outs behind how wallets work, but surely this problem would be resolved when it becomes more resolved.
I don't like this memory thing, either. I initially went to download Ethereum's official wallet, but it took too long so I went with Exodus and it's extremely quick. I'd imagine a similar implementation could be done in the future for Monero. Again, I'm not a wallet expert so if this assumption is wrong, someone let me know.

When it becomes more adopted*

Reminder that decred hit $50 before last month's crash

I like iota

I just put 1k into it and will be holding for a long time

Don't own any monero, perhaps I'll trade my litecoin for it

NEO?

Or is it that risky. Who knows. Kinda weird to think you're putting a lot of your money into a random Asian team across the world for some insane tech concept.

>iota
the rapefugee coin?

thanks for funding the downfall of society

iotasupport.com/foundation.shtml

show me some rapefugees

cryptocoinsnews.com/iota-foundation-enters-historic-partnership-with-refugee-nonprofit/

next pile of dead/raped kids is on you

So, you could use a complicated software with obscure functions to use user bitcoin or just use private by default monero? Hard choice.

don't talk about this coin

The lightweight wallet is on the roadmap and is being made right now. What do you think will happen to XMR value when it's implemented? Don't be a thoughtlet and buy NOW.

is accurate you little cunt

>anonymous
>lightweight
>Don't be a thoughtlet

can't beat that, monero is really the best

reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3tb8am/can_a_practical_lightweightmobile_client_be_made/cx4uy8m/

500 mb is lightweight enough.

Who is this jewish lady everyone keeps posting.

that's how you make moniez

EOS
/thread

I'm always hodling BTC because I'm not a retard.

I also hold onto some ETH because I might have a bit of retardation.

I think XMR has the brightest future as a currency, so I have some of it and want to get more.

I also have a lot of VTC because it's basically what BTC/LTC should be, and if at some point others realise this it could become huge.

Galia

This thread needs more iota

BTC, ETH, XMR
All else is gambling.

I've heard Etherium is dogshit code.

youtube.com/watch?v=nzcGryAU1_M

[spoiler]Hey, boy. Let me tell you an insider secret. Most blockchain dev teams have under 10 people but the NEO blockchain is up and there's already an active Western community developing stuff like the recent OS X wallet[/spoiler]

trello.com/b/6TngvuLf/neoblockchaindevelopment

reddit.com/r/NEO/

> (OP)
>Zcash is better.

I vote for Zcash as well

weev is a professional troll
Ethereum has one of the more comprehensive and impressive development processes I've seen.
Solidity (the smart contract language) has some stupid decisions that hold the language back a little, but since it's only compiled to EVM, other languages can and are being developed, with no change to the underlying blockchain. Once you have a turing complete stateful blockchain, you can do anything. We've all seen how much bitcoin has run with the first-mover advantage and brand recognition, despite the mounting technical debt and duct tape hacks like segwit.

>muh touring gayfulness
All ethcucks have are buzzwords and nothing more

but ethereum also kind of just has the first mover advantage, and with the ERC-20 tokens, over something like NEO.
NEO didn't start with proof of work, has a Java-like EVM, and is even more idealistic/less core dev-centralized. If NEO proves itself once more relevant contracts are deployed, I see it catching up quite a bit.

Fucking why?

What document is this? Link?

Words mean things. If you understood the concepts behind it all, you'd know what a big deal that is.
ETH had a year's head start; that's a long time in cryptoland. Market cap is a pretty shoddy measure of network effect, but ETH has 36x as much; if that's in any way representative NEO has a huge uphill fight.