Were we ever meant to be overpopulated as fuck? Seriously, other things are dying because of us

Were we ever meant to be overpopulated as fuck? Seriously, other things are dying because of us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n1gsyhuHGgc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_future_population_(United_Nations,_medium_fertility_variant)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saged.

Of coarse we are, Humans are supposed to live in tall as fuck mega apartments and suburbs and commie block as far as the eye can see.

we are meant to colonize the stars OP

but sadly our science is being corrupted by rightwing religious zealots and leftwing bourgeois degenerates

so were fucking stuck here

51st state could have been a lil cooler than Puerto Rico

Omgz guys! An exponential curve! How scary!!!

No way we let them in without letting someone else in at the same time.

Every species is 'meant' to be as populous as it can get away with. Humans are better at surviving than any other species.

There is nothing unnatural about killing other species, and nature has driven plenty extinct on its own. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but nothing we do is 'unnatural'.

Our only hope is a really bad virus. Admit it.

We have this thing called evolution.. just have to remove the welfare state.

>We have this thing called evolution.. just have to remove the welfare state.

Were you trying to say natural selection or are you just stupid?

There is a limited amount of drinkable water, and making drinkable water out of salt water takes a lot of energy.

youtube.com/watch?v=n1gsyhuHGgc

Overpopulation is a meme . We produce enough to feed the world but you can't make profit off poor people so yeah (capitalism rocks)

>Number of children is inversely related to level of education
>By taking measures to encourage people to pursue higher levels of education, we will eventually see a net decrease in population
>Once population levels reach 600 million, we start to reduce focus on education until we reach a point where that population level is maintained
>Now 600 million people get to share a pie designed for billions
Too bad it will never happen because it involves subsidizing education in the third world. Rich people will shriek about how they earned their fortunes by hard work and how the Chinese wage slaves they force to work 25 hours a day could also be rich if they just worked harder.

I really can't see what the planet is going to do about this. Humanism is going to evolve badly, maybe through some sort of fetuses-are-not-human or something

It's just funny seeing Americans and idiots literally wanting to lose all that progress in multiple thibga they made just for political memery because they have no idea why it was dine or its purpose.

Why does everybody think that overpopulation is based on food coverage? You have to understand our planet as a system with limited resources. Right now we need almost two planets by ecological standards, which means that the earth needs almost two years to reproduce the resources we take from it in a year span. And not only the population is increasing, also the middle class is. That's bad news for our planet. So yeah, we are overpopulated!

It's just a bubble OP. It'll correct itself soon enough.

>mfw listening to podcasts about living conditions in South, east, and Pacific Asia
nightmare fuel there's too many fucking people

Bullshit, we got enough food for current numbers.

I had to post this, I'm sorry in advance.

>Asia
>people

>other things are dying because of us.
Good, the only life that matters is sapient life.

>the overpopulation spook

ISHYGDDT

This is a non-issue that presently, and never will because the rate of increase is getting smaller, pose a cataclysmic threat.

Asia, save for shitholes like Afghanistan, has achieved its demographic transition. Heck even Bangladesh manages to shit out only 2.1 children per woman today.

The real challenge will be Africa's population. Pic related, the most important graph of the 21st century.

>muh malthusian fallacy

We just need to figure out how to turn the Mediterranean into some kind of lava.

>what is population inertia
>people are living in squalor 10 to a square meter but everything is okay now because the official fertility rate is at replacement level

Its not a fallacy.

>meant to

Overpopulation is a meme

Sure, Bangladesh remains an overpopulated shithole, but it is not undergoing an exponential population growth anymore.

Africa, no the other hand...

care to share the name of it?

Malthusian growth is an Iron Law of ecology. Leftie scum never cease to amaze me with their denial of science

to be fair, I think the debate isn't whether or not it exists but how long it iwll take to get to that point

Soon.

>he believes the water crisis meme
lol

Nuclear war between China and India should fix it.

India and China have both achieved their demographic transition.

The real challenge is Africa, which has a population which will quadruple during this century. At the present point, it is already overpopulated and millions are flooding into Europe as economic migrants.

What people need to understand is that the current wave of migrants is a tiny, tiny preview of the migrant tidal wave which is about to hit Europe.

how soon until all those eastern euros and balkans start stringing up kill fields on their borders with automated turrets like the south koreans.
they've already got citizen militia hunting migrants with dogs.

Water crisis is real in certain parts of the world. Chad for example.

India hasn't achieved demographic stability yet.

Pretty soon, slavs are unironically the best hope for whites surviving the end of the century.

Right, but it's on course.

>Chad for example.
>Chad
like I'm supposed to give a fuck about Chad.

Yeah the developed world consumes way too many resources. 3-4 times the required amount. It's always funny when the western world berates third world countries when they are the reason all these problems exist

>Slavs
>Any competency in war

What will they do when they're invaded by erdogan. Russia also love migrants.

It's called a population boom. Happens to every fucking country .
Africa has more than enough resources. Uk ,USA just need leave them alone .

So long as that 4.5 billion people stays in Africa and that 500 million people stays in Europe I don't see a problem.

>It's called a population boom. Happens to every fucking country .
Happened* to every fucking country.

>Africa has more than enough resources.
They cannot feed themselves today without foreign aid, you must be delusional to think that they aren't doomed.
Unlikely to happen though.

Immigrants fleeing from Chad, Niger and other Central African countries will collapse North African countries, like Egypt, Algeria and Libya in less than a decade. Then the people from these countries will flee to Europe and cause demographic shifts that will alter world geopolitics completely in less than two decades.

When France becomes 51% Muslim, French immigrants flee to the rest of Europe and terrorists both Christian and Muslims run around with the chemical, nuclear and biological arsenals of France. This is going to be the case in less than three decades.

By the time you are 60, Most of Europe will be dictatorships again and pirate ships will be traversing the Mediterranean, all because "lol, who gives a shit about Chad".

wtf I hate Chad now

>racist drivel: the post
Immigrants will assimilate and will be be quintessentially european by then.

Exactly . They are still developing. It's their turn now . Even if they are 3-4 times US population. They won't even come close to the pollution and wastage caused by US.

Aid? Lmao it's like chump change compared to what Europe has taken from Africa. It's the least they can do after they have fucked up almost an entire continent.

Just give them condoms and education.(not guns and freedom like in Libya )

Even if they wanted to, the immigrants wouldn't be able to assimilate because too many are migrating at the same time and to the same locations, basically forming ghettos were the school students are 90%+ Muslim.

You have to wait for the second generation atleast.the first generation is never comfortable after running away from a place . New place new people. Culture shock is a real thing .

>people live in a place they can't get clean water
>posts zero reasons about why i should give a fuck about Chad
try again

Make us
what are they gonna do, swim over here lmao

I don't think you see the issue. These countries are rich in shit like diamonds, oil, and other crap you can't eat. They are poor in water and nitrogen-rich soil, and what they have they use to grow cash crops for their local dictators.

The local dictators are in turn corrupt as fuck, so the cotton, diamond and oil money stays in their Swiss bank accounts, jackshit is invested in education/infrastructure and their peasants are fed foreign aid instead. Then when the peasants become adults and want better lives, they migrate 1 by 1 to North Africa (which already holds like 10 million Central Africans) and some even leak to Europe (which hasn't even received half a million of these people yet). However, in the next 10 years, the Central Africans in North Africa will double in number, at the very least, collapsing unstable countries like Algeria and Egypt. At which point, Europe will receive all the immigrants from Central Africa that would have gone to North Africa, as well as new immigrants from North Africa. It will be all downhill for Europe from there on. At least during the XXI century.

>why should I care about Germans growing resentful after WWI

>even though literally every other animal on earth has a population cycle that follows an S curve humans can't follow one because reasons

Humans have been driving species to extinction since we were hunter gatherers.

>why should I care about Germans growing resentful after WWI
yeah. exactly. i'm not a nazi now, am i?

>what is abstraction?

Chad ruins everything.

Always thought it'd be Stacy.

>mfw reading the population projections for African and Middle Eastern countries
Welp, we'll be living in interesting times, that's for sure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_future_population_(United_Nations,_medium_fertility_variant)