Fun topic: how accurate does this game depict the history of China during and after the Han Dynasty Veeky Forums?

Fun topic: how accurate does this game depict the history of China during and after the Han Dynasty Veeky Forums?
And yes, I'm aware major generals didn't actually have supernatural capabilities

The games are based off a novel, not history.

for one, I think the armors and weapons are ridiculous fantasy

I'm pissed that ring girl became bow girl. I fucking loved those ridiculous rings.

Bow girl is more historically accurate for her. Though her being on the battlefield is obviously garbage.

So, why was Wei victorious over the other 2 kingdoms? Well, Shu were mostly Liberal cucks that were more worried about relationships with the minorities of the region, but why did Wu fall?

It's an overly-dramatized version of a novel commonly described as being one third historically accurate, one third propaganda, one third poetic license.
You take a guess at how accurate the series is.
EAG games are made for the relaxation provided while scything down fields of rice stal.. I mean enemy soldiers, they have no pretenses of historical accuracy.

which Wu general are we talking here

They changed it back to the rings in DW7.

Wu never really took advantage of any momentum and as Sun Quan got older the court politics of the Wu court did a great job of weakening the state. Maybe if Sun Quan had held firm regarding his choice of Sun He as successor after Sun Deng's death things would've stabilized but he didn't leading to the growing power of unscrupulous court politicians. None of his successors had Sun Quan's eye for talent either.

Basically Sun Deng died and everything was thrown to shit.

Shu wasn't liberal, it was the traditional 'loyalist' faction.
>why was Wei victorious over the other 2 kingdoms
Wei (Jin really) won because they controlled the northern plains, which meant they had an army big enough to compete with Shu and Wu together. Short of a continuous alliance between the two minor factions, the resource difference was just unsurmountable, and Shu was too ill managed and treacherous to maintain an alliance with Wu.
>why did Wu fall
Like 20 years of literally demented Sun Quan followed by even worse rulers destroyed the Wu power base. Coupled with the fall of Shu, it meant no matter the geographic advantage of being surrounded by mountains and rivers they were gonna be overwhelmed by Jin.

>ring girl
Sun Shangxiang?

Sun Shangxiang.

>They changed it back to the rings in DW7.
Well shit. I only played DW2, DW3 and DW6 Empires.

You know, as good as 3 is, you basically skipped all the best DW.
4 and 5 are the best ones imo, and 8 is basically a technically more modern version of 5.
6 is easily the worst, and 7 is not that good either.
1 of course is basically an unrelated game.
If I were you I'd give 8 a try.

>Shu were mostly Liberal cucks
None of these three factions are belong to modern "Liberals" degeneracy. "Shu Han" in the novel was remodeled and praised by Confucianism and traditional Chinese intellectuals such as Luo Guanzhong himself.

currently playing 8 now and I agree, it's worth the buy. 6 was utter garbage though.

>And yes, I'm aware major generals didn't actually have supernatural capabilities
The journals collected by various infantry soldiers beg to differ
>200 AD
>mobile captain officer for the Yuan Shao army patrolling a base north of the Yellow River
>in a 30 second stand-off with an infantry from Cao Cao's forces
>literally looks like me, except he's blue and I'm in a yellow outfit
>his eyes shift towards something behind me and take my chance to strike him with a iron spear
>he groans and falls to the ground, his body disappearing into thin air in the process
>leaves a weird yellow dragon stamp
>don'tneedit.scroll
>stand perfectly still with the rest of my squadron for at least 4 minutes awaiting orders
>hear some sort off odd musical instruments from another dimension
>everyone can hear, but it's quickly ignored and we continue standing in one place
>Suddenly, we're attacked out of nowhere from some guy in heavy
>this fucker is holding 2 heavy axes and he just killed like, 30 people in 3 swipes
>i can take him on
>run towards him, almost tripping in the process, and strike him in the chest
>he just stands there and jumps above me and performs some sort of magic power
>stomps onto the ground and uses his aura to kill everyone around me, their bodies disappearing in the process
>This fucking guy then collects a bunch of experience points from my fallen comrades and raids a base 50 ft. away from me
>starts spouting how he is a true warrior of the three kingdoms
>I run in circles and stand still again
cont.?

No one is stopping you friend. I do find this interesting.

I would say amusing then interesting, but he should continue.

Ok
>roughly 190AD
>infantry soldier fighting for the Wu army
>My village was raided by the Yellow Turbans a while ago led by some crazy old religious fanatic with violent tendencies
>it happens
>a lot
>Wu commander Sun Ce fell ill to a curse bought onto him some wizard with a stack of cards, Gan Ji
>His younger brother, Sun Quan, leads an army to the magicians house to lift the curse from Sun Ce's body
>My buddy, a Mobile Unit Captain, shares his story about the battle he fought in Hu Lao Gate to stop a tyrant from burning his own cities down, killing numerous citizens in the process
>His squadron was stopped by a girl with a chain whip
>apparently, she sprout an aura of flowers that killed several men
>"I could've taken her on." my buddy says
>I highly doubt it
>We infiltrate Gan Ji's castle gates and my general, a 13 year old girl with Pugil Sticks, is ambushed by spirit ghosts with swords
>The whole castle if full of these bad boys
>I'm in a 40 second stand-off with 2 ghosts, laying only 2 strikes on them and continue to have a stare off
>my 13 year old general flies through the air and fucking shoots fireballs at everything
>where are these people getting their supernatural powers from and why isn't it being addressed?
>We flank east of the castle and we're instructed by a feminime-looking guy with a staff to destroy some weird pillars
>We finally do so and we face Gan Ji
>no wait, now theres 3 of him
>and they're all preaching on how our commander is a Little Conqueror and will bring more destruction onto the land
>Long hair feminine guy with staff is offended
>The atmosphere turns dark and feminime guy with staff starts killing everyone, Gan Ji himself, with these crazy demonic moves with fire spewing from his staff
>Gan Ji's body turns to dark smoke
>everyone cheers
>Sun Ce still dies and his younger brother is appointed commander for the Wu army
>I just want to go back to my rice fields
>fuck these Chinese mutants

>>I just want to go back to my rice fields
>>fuck these Chinese mutants

i may be able to do one more journey entry before i go to work, if not, later on tonight. Which historical battle of the Three Kingdoms Era should I cover next

Please do the Red Cliffs.

And to add, could you also do the Yellow Scarves Rebellion?

>Red Cliffs (battle of Chi-Bi)
you read my mind on that one, but I have to go to work in a few minutes. I literally work a 4 hour shift so if you guys keep this thread alive until roughly 9pm EST, I can do the 2 battles you requested and possibly more if there's time

You're the best man, thank you.

It's not based on history, it's based on a fanfiction of history written long after the period it's set in.
>And yes, I'm aware major generals didn't actually have supernatural capabilities
There's Dian Wei, if records of his death at Wancheng are to be believed.

>that one asshole trying to inject right-wing politics into an unrelated discussion
Did you get lost and end up on the wrong board?

OK so I'm getting off work in a few minutes and I'll post the chi-bi story soonish

Patiently waiting.

Reminder that he was the good guy and China would have been better off if he won

Battle of Red Cliffs
>208AD
>be me
>after years of practicing and drinking from the mountain of musou, I’ve finally been promoted to officer for Wei
>I get access cooler armor and better weapons
>and more dialog
>I handpicked this wicked 95lb greatsword that I use to mostly spin around with to take out surrounding enemies in a gust of wind
>Handmaidens be mirin
>no one can stop me now
>winter time comes
>receive message from an officer that Shu has formed an alliance with Wu
>Apparently, Shu now has a strategist only known as the Sleeping Dragon
>Rumors speculate that he’s literally a dragon that carries around a fan and can predict the future
>Tell the infantry that no such thing exists and they’re being superstitious
>on the Chi-Bi river with a massive army on a suspiciously windy night
>Can Cao chains ships together to keep them steady
>most of the infantry reside from the Northern Plains and aren’t use to being on ships and become seasick
pt1/?

Please continue.

part 2.
>battle begins
>Wu starts attacking from the east of our ships
>see a wondering general by the name of Cheng Du
>come up with something witty to say
>"W-whats the matter, are you lost? P-poor little thing"
>He looks at me and calls me a pathetic little worm
>ohitson.滾動
>I run towards him and strike my steel greatsword towards him
>he blocks it with a wooden spear
>after fighting for 10 minutes, I finally use the secret whirly-whirlwind technique
>spin around in circles until i get dizzy
>Cheng Du is defeated and drops an onion bun
>I'm seriously injured and I'm bleeding out from the chest area
>I eat an onion bun and my health is restored
>my wound is gone
>later on, receive word that a division commander, Huang Gai, is surrendering and is sailing his boat to our ships
>easiest battle ever
>suddenly, all of our ships are on fire
>we've been rused
>Our morale drops
>fat bastard Xu Zhu is defeated and too badly burned to continue fighting
>”you can’t fight on an empty stomach!” he belches, being heard from across the Red Cliffs
>sprint jogs and jumps from one ship to another
>due to his weight, he only falls through the floors and onto the lower deck while his boulder on a stick weapon creates a whole in the bottom of one of our ships, causing it to sink and explode
>Cao Cao orders a retreat
>Cao Pi is super pissed
>daddyissues.dragon
>as we make our way to the escape boat, some guy with two rods block us
>it's an officer of Wu
>we laugh and push him into the ocean and board the ship
>retreat on land only to be pursued by two forces, one being led by a faggot with a fan
>Xiahou Dun wipes a tear from one eye with his Cutlass
>this wouldn’t have happened if our strategist Guo Jia was here
>if only he was alive to prevent this

>neglected to mention sun jian rising from the grave
>"It's TIME!"

go to bed Cao Pi

This is really good! I can't wait to hear the treacherous exploits of Lu Bu during the Yellow Scarves Rebellion.

I don't think Lu Bu was associated with the Yellow Scarves Rebellion; he was a general for Dong Zhou who was a warlord within the Han empire?

If we are going with the alternative Dynasty Warriors story telling approach, then in that way he was involved. Also, Lu Bu was Dong Zhou's foster son and bodyguard(and a general.)

lets just go with an original timeline
Yellow Scarves Rebellion
>184 AD
>be me
>be volunteer fighter for an inspiring leader, Liu Bei
>theres an agrarian crisis north of China
>farmers can't grow shit and theres so much corruption in the Han Empire, no ones doing shit about it
>ten of the most powerful eunuchs formed a group known as the Ten Attendants
>now I'm pissed with sand in my trousers
>A group of Taoism followers, led by a cranky old fart, start an up-rise north of the Yellow River and peacefully start attacking the Han Empire and villages
>Han Empire naturally retaliates back and sends army to deal with the disarray
>a bunch of volunteer fighters join the cause
>Liu Bei joins the fight against the Yellow Turbans, including his two autistic brothers, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei
>At one point, asked Guan Yu what our strategy was for the battle
>he only responded with "I FIGHT FOR MY BROTHER AND THE OATH WE SWORE OUR LIVES ON" and proceeds to stroke his 3 foot beard
>fucking weirdo
>but he's the God of War so no one fucks with him
>battle time
>Zhang Jiao and two homosexual brother wizards are in charge of the Yellow Turban militia
>our volunteer group flank to the East to take down one of the gay brother wizards
>in the process, Han general He Jin, is in trouble and is surrounded by enemies at a nearby base
>we help and fend them off
>He was in the midst of showing gratitude until he realized we were volunteer fighters
>tells us to fuck off and kill the homosexual wizards
>Zhang Bao is held up in a cave chants to the heavens to send them their most powerful defenders
>more wizards come out of nowhere and hail ice towards us
>now half of our troops have the common cold
>most die in the process
>Guan Yu charges through the wizards yelling, "I WILL NOT FALL SO LONG AS MY BROTHER'S DREAMS ARE UNFULFILLED"
>cuts Zhang Bao in half and pushes an altar over, turning off the ice storm
end of pt. 1

Keep going, this is great.

pt 2.

>In the midst of fighting, Liu Bei observes Cow Cow and develops a very short-lasting man crush on him
>until a group of peasants beg for help and Cao Cao gives them the imperial finger and focuses on the bigger picture of war
>Once Zhang Jiao is surrounded by Han army, he summons the power of the gods and unleashes a powerful gust of wind by spinning his staff really.goddamn.fast.
>i can take him on
>just when I was about to charge towards the senile old preacher, Zhang Fei screams really loudly and breaks the sound barrier, causing the gust of wind to stop and Zhang Jiao falls to the ground, his body quickly disappears into thin air in the process
everyone celebrates and He Jin is considered a war hero
>Cao Cao turns 360 and walks away, but before sneering and muttering, "I-I could be a war hero too."chocking back tears.

alright, I'm done for the night. I might come up with a couple more tomorrow, im not sure

Not at all. Other than that the characters are based on real people. It is (loosely) based on a novel based on a historical record. DW isn't particularly close to the novel it is based on in terms of character personality or motivation.

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate your effort. Now I can got to bed in a happy mood.