Pseudo intellectuals and hacks

Post pseudo intellectuals and hacks here, people that really grind your gears

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_Short_Introductions
youtu.be/VPIh1xQiuI8
youtube.com/watch?v=PKe4fshETQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Every Anglo that ever lived. Too many names to list.

This guy is so detached from reality, he actually claims reading e-mails can be an addiction

good one, fuck that idiot

This

why is ben stiller here? he's an actor.

this but unironically.

Biggest cheat ever:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_Short_Introductions

About 500 books, most can be found online and most can be read in 1-2 hours. As long as you avoid expert you can bulshit your way into being an expert.

youtu.be/VPIh1xQiuI8

Almost every militant atheist

Athene and his neuro-Spinozism is the epitome of pseudo-intellectualism.

Whats wrong about jordan? I watch him this morning he wasnt that bad

He doesn't advocate for the killing of all women, thus being a cuck.

Juniot Diaz

Shitty middlebrown author with a serious victim complex

he's a transphobic cuck

how about you STFU ?

Is there an easier mode on life that being an African-American middle-class intellectual?

You get the prestige and street rep of black ghetto culture, without actually having to experience the poverty, violence and oppression. Everyone panders to you because they fear being called racist if they do not.

>unironically supporting and promoting mental illness

Yeah it's a fucking bonanza these days. Never been a better time to be a half educated house nigger

Joe Rogan.

Sure, the guy is a dumb fuck, but for whatever reason his fans acr like his podcast is "so deep". Its crazy.

These books are helpful but in no way bring you anywhere near expert in any field.

That's like saying reading a Wikipedia page makes you proficient in a topic.

Fuck off

>>>/leftypol

traps are white and based they hate mudslimes and boipucci is fucking ROMAN so get the fuck out

Are you on crack

>Jesus resurrected because his memory lives on
In that case Buddha, Muhammad, Diogenes, Nietzsche and in short every famous person in history resurrected.

>These books are helpful but in no way bring you anywhere near expert in any field.

Agreed, hence I said you can bullshit your way unless you hit an expert

I think they are better than wikipedia they are for learning not encyclopedic, for beginners and written by experts.

Joe Rogan is smart enough to know he doesn't know jack shit and let the smart guest talk about his stuff.

I always hated the presenters who always had to interrupt and comment on what his guest said to show how erudite and smart he is, rogan is not like that

Thats why I like him, even though I'm not a follower of his podcast, but in the few of the shows I watched he respect the guest and let them speak without interruption, which is more than enough

Saddest thing about this fat fuck is that my parents went through the same addiction had: alcoholism. Unlike him, however, they followed the 12 steps and got healthy, albeit with a few funky self-helpbooks on their shelves, but far better then what could have been.

>inb4 he died from cancer, not alcoholism
You really think his drinking helped him live longer?

I dislike this cunt. He basically turns the concept of the class struggle into the race struggle. To him, class is of secondary importance when it will and always be the primary issue.

nah bro I'm ROMAN

>He basically turns the concept of the class struggle into the race struggle.
99% of leftists did this in the 1960s after they realized the proletariat considers them a bunch of pretentious subhumans.

So judas was resurrected, lets all worship judas instead

Who is a bigger pseud, Peter or Christopher?

If he put class first, he would have to admit he is a petty bourgeois type who was never really oppressed by anyone other than the black classmates who bullied him at school.

So any popular intellectual right?

this smug faggot

LOL

+1

>pseudo intellectuals and hacks
Me.
>people that really grind your gears
Me.

Yes. I don't know a single popular contemporary "intellectual" that isn't a pseud, except for maybe Zizek.

Not everything has to be "so deep" to be intellectually rewarding.

Joe Rogan isn't a dumb fuck, he's just an ordinary everyday schmuck -- like his listeners. He's not a genius or anything, but doesn't pretend to be. And he's at least smart enough not to join Team Red or Team Blue, unlike most 'celebrity' opinionists in the US. He's pretty good at calling out bullshit, too. Sometimes I roll my eyes at the occasional dumb shit he can say, but for someone without a formal education, he's managed pretty darn well. I didn't like him at first, and avoided his podcast forever since I just knew him as the 'dumbass' meat-head host from Fear Factor and UFC.

Like any series or talk show, there are hit and misses. There have, however, been several really excellent thought-provoking discussions, and that's good enough for me. He is also pretty funny, though I don't think his stand up is anything to go wild about.

They are better than Wikipedia I really like them, that's why I was trying to differentiate between expert and proficient. I guess if you want to bullshit, but really anything works for than standard of the other person knows nothing on the topic.

holy fucking christ this,
I fucking hate how fucking redditers burrow in his arsehole
>but muh Mars colonisation
>but muh Teslas are so cool
>but I fucking love science how can I be wrong
>Guys I look at /todayIIearned/ a lot I know what I`m talking about.

We're all thinking it

Most people have no idea who this guy is, but they swallow (mostly from heard third hand stuff) his ideas about which military conflicts and which battles were important. And the guy was absolutely RETARDED when it came to picking important battles.

It wouldn't be the first thing I did, but if I had a time machine, murdering him before he could write his crap book would definitely be on my top ten list.

Seriously. WHY DO SO MANY PICTURES OF MOLYNEAUX MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A CONSTIPATED MAN TRYING TO SQUEEZE OUT A SHIT?

The greatest historian of all time?

Peter by far. He's also a statist shill

He's like a waking Ted talk

Time was harsh on ben stiller

Maybe he attracs pseudo-intellectuals, but calling him one himself is a stretch.

First define your terms. What is a Pseudo intellectual?

Fucking Deepak Chopra

youtube.com/watch?v=PKe4fshETQ4

>consciousness is a superposition of possibilities

Anyone who I disagree with.

>1:00

Dabuh... gabuduh... god exists

More of a snake oil salesman. Pseudointellectuals usually aren't out to outright deceive people, they're just people who are pretend to know more than they actually do about a subject (like Richard Dawkins when he talks about religion)

All inspirational speakers are charlatans

ayy lmao

Transphobia doesn't exist.

>hate mudslimes
No, faggots and trannies support Muslims because muh xutherhood of oppreshun! Until they start throwing them off buildings, that is.

This mother fucker. And it's not because I'm a historian, it's because I'm a statistician and gets Bayesian theory and epistemic probability completely wrong in order to justify his shitty proofs.

Veeky Forums can't get enough of him for some reason, though

Name a more overrated historian.. I'll wait.

Wtf is h3h3 on there for?

Was applying for a software engineering internship. Job asked in lieu of a cover letter to watch one of his talks and write some nonesense about myself. I promptly continued my search elsewhere

Gibbon.

PragerU

He never claimed to be an intellectual though

Howard Zinn.

I honestly think he gets a bit (A BIT) more shit than he deserves.

Literally the only person worth listening to.

But Nietzsche was the smartest human being of all time

he's obsessed with psychologically antiquated jungian archetypes but goes on to call all continental philosophy post 1940 an extension of marxism. Its clear that he has very little grounding in greater intellectual trajectories and is just being polemic to grab the attention of people who don't know anything about the topics he is talking about. People think he's infallible because they agree on his stance on current Canadian identity politics. He isn't.

Archetypes aren't antiquated

Personality archetypes have been expanded upon but Peterson fixates on jung specifically. That's besides my main point here.

how about we talk about history instead of making pointless threads?

its time to stop

NO!

nice meme

OP

better than the Frogs and Krauts

t. Frog
Jared Diamond

Why the fuck is Gustav Mahler on there?

German historians are significantly better than Anglo historians. I mean Anglo historians aren't just horribly biased, they are also fucking stupid, getting absolutely basic dates and facts wrong.

Unironically most french "intellectuals" after 1800

>comedians as intellectuals
Didn't work for Carlin

but he's actually a genius and furthering the human race, not spouting self-help affirmations

Winrar.

I was going to say Daniel Goldhagen but I can't beat that

How the fuck is David Lynch a rhetoritician

I hate this asshole.

1. The 12 steps are bullshit.
2. You are a resented believer or just someone who can't understand what he is saying.
3. He never lost a debate. :D

10 years ago I thought Leukemia would have been cured by now. Instead were putting time and money towards a pseudo scientific order of mentally ill cross dressers. What a strange timeline.

Honest to God I have never listened to an entire episode of a podcast in my life. I just dont get the appeal. Maybe I could listen to one while driving to replace a radio, but other than that I cant imagine why people like listening to these hour long things.