Is the USA an Empire ?

>An empire (from latín imperium) is a multireligious, multicultural and multiethnic state, wich gained parts of its territory through annexation conquest.
Is the USA an actual empire, or did it use to be one?
>Annexation of all of northern mexico
>War against Spain
>Constant desire of expansion for many years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7PdJ9TAdTdA
census.gov/quickfacts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

even though it annexed part of mexico, it didn't do so to rule over mexicans, but to fill it with americans. also this land was sparsely settled besides indians. I would say that the US isn't an empire because it isn't very multi-ethnic, at least it isn't due to conquest but through immigration (unless you count Guam, puerto rico, etc)

>I would say that the US isn't an empire because it isn't very multi-ethnic
What the fuck, it's 56% "white", and even that can be broken down into Germans/English/Polish/Italian/whatever else
>inb4 >Italians >white

There's a difference between a hegemony and an empire.

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7PdJ9TAdTdA

White genocide has ruined America, we need fascism

>White Genocide
>Real

just dont.

I said not multi-ethnic, not multi-racial. the US has been very good at getting immigrants to assimilate to the majority culture

>this thread again

it's as much an empire as you're your father's son

They have, but 15% of the USA speaks Spanish at home. So it's still multi-ethnic.

56% is a figure I see people on the internet pulling out of their ass

Also, are you insinuating that African-Americans don't count as their own distinct ethnic group?

it isn't

who cares either way, if you don't consider yourself american then leave

>If you don't share my bias i don't care to hear your opinion.

the integrity of nations is not reliant upon your opinion

census.gov/quickfacts/

Non Hispanic Whites are 62%, though given more than half of Hispanics in the USA are just straight up white, "whites" in the USA are more like 70%. After all the white Hispanics just become "white" the same will probably follow for people with a third or less Native ancestry, and no one will think twice about it. Like how Jews are just "white" today though some 50% of their DNA is from outside Europe. Or how most Chileans are "white" even though Native blood in most Chileans is around 35%.

Nor lack thereof on yours.

According to the Chomskies and Abby Martin's of the world, yes.

America is not an empire

>consensual sex is genocide
Back to pol with your bullshit faggot

you should join him , homophobe

that picture it explains everything

Empire? No
Hegemony? Yes.

Though Mainland USA is already Empire-tier in Size. California alone dwarfs many countries.

>give them florida as gift
>get cuba stolen from you
what the hell were you doing spain

Noam Chomsky spent a good chunk of his life trying to improve his country man, Only retards support all of the retarded wars we've been in since ww2.

I'd say it's something like an empire. Back in the day, the original Portuguese "empire" consisted of Portugal, Brazil (filled with Portuguese), some of northern Africa, and beyond that, nothing but trading posts. Yet we still consider it an empire, even if the extent of its control in most places was a relatively safe spot to dock its ships.

I would argue that the stationing of American troops in most countries is quite the same. A military base is more than just an embassy, it's a show of force. If the Portuguese possession of various natural harbors is an empire, then the United States' possession of strategic military areas must be classified as one as well.

That's not even to mention Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Alaska, and the former possessions that we released, like the Philippines and the Marshall Islands.

Do you think elections of empire can be hacked that easily?

Morroccans are non-hispanic white in the US census

Actually, all North Africans and "Caucasians" are non-hispanic white.

He's probably a Sam Harris fan desu.

so is William McKinley the greatest american of all time?

>""""""hacked""""""
>even though, implying it's an argument