www2.idehist.uu.se/distans/ilmh/Ren/flor-mach-lett-vettori.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Karl Marx
>Favorite historical figure

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Poor bait.

Deutsches Reich is my favorite historical character

You're so liberal and progressive, lmao

Is that the guy that invented peanut butter?

Frog Wojak, leader of the beta uprising.

Robespierre deserved everything which he got and more

>t. Loyalist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Douglass

but he died with a great KD ratio

papa

it's ya boi

I love daddy

I hate commies but he looks so based and badass

Do i get bonus point if noone knows him?

Literally no competition.

That's Frederick Douglass dumbass

WHAT UP KEK BOOOOOOOOOOOOY

fufufufufufufufu

Who is he, some Polish king?

2pac is your favorite historical figure?
It hasn't even been 25 years since his death

Agreed, he was always too moderate

daddy mcnamara

without a doubt taylor swift

This guy and Calvin Coolidge are two of my favorite leaders of all time. I'm a sucker for the quiet introverted rulers.

The man himself

>hated by the right for promoting evil
>hated by the left for being heartless
wew lad better keep your love for him to yourself

>staunchly defends his ideals
>citizen army takes down trained mercenaries
>continues to make fun of the Medici even after they break his arms
>wrote this:
www2.idehist.uu.se/distans/ilmh/Ren/flor-mach-lett-vettori.htm

Machiavelli is hardly edgy at all once you get past the memes. is the crazy one.

You want me to pick just one?

hot-dad tier

Do you think The Prince was written as satire? Or do you think Machiavelli genuinely believed what he wrote?

Not him, but The Prince was clearly legit and also pretty reasonable when you actually read it.

For example, Machiavelli argued that keeping the state in good condition was a necessity if a Prince wished to maintain his power. A true Machiavellian Prince must serve his nation before himself, otherwise he is a failure.

one of America's finest statesmen and orators of his day

it's a sign of our impoverished state of academics that organizations seek to remove any accolades to his accomplished life

By far
>inb4 "he lost he sux"

bretty good. did you know he had a friendship/correspondence with Daniel O'Connell? (famous advocate for catholic emancipation in the UK)
not an argument
literal meme
incompetent fuck (went from literally most powerful man in the world to getting shot by filthy gommies) but unironically a wholesome family man at least.
columbine-tier edgy but did defend his country so props for that
this guy isn't even on the money in poland with all the other kangz, is he?
based
butthurt faggot whose very name has become an adjective to describe shady shit

>impaling thousands of people is edgy
I like a how a word popularized by a talentless happa hack who is too insecure to take any risks so everything he does is ironic, lost all its meaning, going from "middle class kid with no perspectives and opinions based on naive romanticization of suffering" to "literally one of the cruelest figures to ever live"

ez

Carolus Rex

this tee bee aitch

To add to Machiavelli supported Republics over monarchies, and even argued in Discourses on Livy that Rome was better under the Republic than under the Empire. However, he was trying to get back into Florentine political life and the Medici were not too thrilled about the idea of a Republic. So he writes The Prince, which still emphasizes promoting the welfare of the subjects over the welfare of the ruler. A ruler should be willing to burn in Hell for all eternity if that's what it takes to keep his territory stable. Machiavelli was also a couple centuries ahead of his time in military theory.

this

not so fast

>Loves USA
>Protestant, but realizes the suffering of the Catholic peoples is unacceptable
>Remove Crumpet
>Has trouble getting people to do what he tells them to

Wolfe Tone is another favorite of mine.

Your joke is plagiarism of my thread I started a few weeks back with a picture of Frederick Douglas and the statement "For me, it's Karl Marx'

Make your own unfunny meme, douchebag.

This. He was just an extremely insightful man and that is the source of everyone's butthurt. The Prince also cited real world examples, which directly stepped on a lot of toes. People don't like having their dirty laundry aired. His military writings are somewhat reminiscent of Vegetius. He's one of the most misunderstood historical figures.