What kind of armour is this??

Mainly what i want to know is what culture is this from what is the style called the time period where it was most prevelant the people it would have faced? P.S I believe it is some form of slavic armour but since in the game kingdom come deliverance (where this is from) I thought the eastern part of Europe by this time had adopted the German and Italian style of Plate armour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSxFY917UH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's some lamellar armor, and it looks like the sort the kievan rus types would wear

The guy is supposed to be a Cuman. Eurasian horse nomads who lived in medieval hungary.

He's a Cuman . They were Turkic nomads

It is called lamellar, mostly used by important keivan rus princes/boyars, cumans and other steppe nomads. I don't know much about the period but the setting of that game which this character is is 1403.

That type of helmet is called a "Tolga" in Turkish culture. It is one of the names of the peaks in Altay mountains.

Most Turkic empires had the pointed helmet atop lamellar armor, from Ottomemes to Seljuks to Gokturks.

It's Turko-Persian. It would have been very common in Russia and to a lesser extent Poland and Lithuania.

you might find this interesting OP
youtube.com/watch?v=OSxFY917UH8

Cuman-Kipchak Turkic helmet

Most likely Cuman. The Helmets and armor could also be kievan rus, but they weren't a fan of those types of shields.

Cumans were Christians, right? Are there still some of them left today?

Fun fact, the early Bolshevik headgear, the Budenovka, was designed to resemble the old Kievian Rus helmets.

>Cumans were Christian
No, they were Tengriist but just like many turks the mercenaries who fought elsewhere converted to islam/christiainty
>Are there still some of them left today?
No, they were asimilated

Its pretty widespread in middle east too

a. mirror armor?

b. varangian

c. lamellar

It looks like a heavily armored eastern styled armor the guys in the background look norse or viking with eastern style shields so Im guessing varangian guardsman and a heavily armored cavalryman (kataphract or clibinarii?) from Byzantium.

this particular style spread to the middle-east with the turkic soldiers
especially after the seljuk empire

Can someone explain the difference between scale and lamellar?

Yes

thanks you've been very helpful

People who can't grow manly mustaches so they wear a mask

Scale is normally treated to be sewn to a base. Lamellar is sewn to itself. Scale will also be sewn to itself but it needs the base.

That's a bitchin' moustache on that mask too.

ta

what if you pulled off the mask: would they die?

It would be very painful

OP here thanks guys! Now I can waste many hours learning about this in depth to impress the random Street goer!

Ur a big Turk

For the byzantines

Top kek