Gridcoin - Rewarding BOINC computation on top of POS!

Gridcoin is a cryptocurrency which securely rewards BOINC computation on top of proof of stake.

What's BOINC? BOINC is an open-source volunteer distributed computing platform which utilizes the spare computer resources on 500k+ computers to attempt to cure diseases, map the milkyway, search for extraterrestrial life, and any other kind of distributable computation.

Anyone who needs a serious amount of distributed computing power (100k+ CPUs) almost entirely for free can create a BOINC project to create a distributed cloud service of their own desire (fairly easily) whilst the Gridcoin network potentially rewards your project's volunteers on your behalf.

---

Gridcoin is currently at ~$0.035 down from a height of ~$0.1 a month ago, anyone getting in before the removal of the team req & subsequent lift off?

Other urls found in this thread:

boincstats.com/en/stats/-5/team/list/16/0#1
formula-boinc.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buy cpu power
>use cpu power to mine other coins
>profit ?

Nice just bought almost 10K

Will probably pump a bit sooner than later.

One does not simply buy BOINC compute power, as it is entirely free..

>Posting in a GRC thread

Scientist here, I'm holding

Even if the project goes to shit, this had been a target for pump and dumps so set a sell order for 30-50% profit and forget about it.

GRC>GNT

Enough said.

Comfy coin with good grassroots community, now facing slightly takeover-ish competition from yet another ethereum token scheme: SPARC

Hopefully the competition will be a good thing for both, but everything about the new one rubs me the wrong way.

Given that GNT is ~$200-300m without any working deliverable in production, and that the BURP BOINC project provides video rendering for free, 30-50% profit is quite conservative.

70% ICO, 30% BOINC distribution, anyone can distribute a token with centralized issuance & anyone can replicate GNT/iEX/SONM/SPARC's business model within a pool or even a project.

>Volume is 7 BTCs
Was thinking about buying, but this is not good. It means interest for the coin is almost none.

Interest comes in waves, specifically the impending tsunami when the team req is removed.

so can we use the power to CPU mine coins ?

There's noobs in the irc channel asking about mining constantly, many clearly non-native English speakers. Even if you don't get rich off it the community seems pretty active. Reminds me of 1996 Internet.

But don't you think that 7 BTC is way too low? I'm tempted to buy because it's almost at its all time low

Not really, many people are focused on the top-10/20 cryptos whilst some cryptos with serious potential are at all-time-lows. Back at the $0.10 peak a month ago we had days where trading was in the 8 figures.

You could, however you may have a hard time convincing users to effectively donate their money to you. I'm sure you can think of a better cloud-computing service than simply 'pow mining'. Why not run a TensorFlow or Apache Spark cluster and rent out the compute power?

Obscure shit like this isn't appealing to normies or even regular traders. And enterprise would never touch it.

It's 3 fucking year old already with no interest.

I wouldn't say no interest, team gridcoin is now number 1 in the world BOINC leaderboards. Overtaking nearly 2 decades worth of computation in 3 years..

>gridcoin is now number 1 in the world BOINC leaderboards

who are they competing with in that area?

already have 150 GRC and currently mining on the grc pool.

This coin needs some improvements especially in the wallet software, but It has a lot of potential. It will moon to 0.5 USD in less than 2 years. Screencap this faggots

The latest release is way behind the development branches, in the next couple months you'll notice significant improvements, don't worry :)

Over 100k teams: boincstats.com/en/stats/-5/team/list/16/0#1

Likewise, wrecking the formulaboinc challenge: formula-boinc.org/