LTC - opinions?

I've been reading a few posters here and there saying that LTC is being made obsolete by either BCC or other new developments / new altcoins. Can anyone explain to me why this is? Also, what are the general opinions on LTC? I like it and hold a bunch; I know, for example, whenever I transfer currency between exchanges, I prefer to do it in LTC due to really fast transfer times and very low fees. Someone give me a basic gestalt, please

I dont have it now. But its good and safe.
Fuck BCH. LTC way better.
Its the original alt coin.

To add. Its a legendary coin.
Has a whole cult following
Arise ChiKun

Litecoin lagged a week behind ETH and BTC in the June boom. It's about to pop and now's the last opportunity 2 get in B4 it's 2 late m8.

My first coin, popped my cryptocurrency cherry and made me loads of money that'd id lose while learning the market.

Its turned into a lazy coin but I still use it to take profits because of how steady it is. Don't have to worry about it dropping a ton while transferring.

It won't be obsolete because it's meant to be atomic swapped with BTC, which is a direct transfer without risk of one side backing out.

With that and a wallet app on your phone, you could quickly trade your BTC for some amount of LTC to make small purchases, or trade it back when your done if you felt like holding some.

Realistically, it should bind LTC to BTC price at a constant unchanging ratio ASSUMING that the same number of retailers who accept BTC also accept LTC.

That's going to be the hardest thing, getting retailers to use LTC as a payment form.

>That's going to be the hardest thing, getting retailers to use LTC as a payment form.

Why? I doubt any retailer who has heard about Bitcoin hasn't heard about Litecoin. There's nothing to lose from a business perspective from accepting both coins.

LTC has many things going for it. The fact that it's one of only three coins on cuckbase is a big one.

>Atomic swap

Are there any plans for this to be implemented in the future? That would cause a mooning for ltc I imagine

It should be automatic on the 8th or the 25th, I forget the date
Which is weird that LTC dropped today. It should spike up after BTC get lightning network.

Companies use 3rd parties to deal with the payments.
I imagine they have to charge more or take a loss in order to do it.
The 3rd parties need to have LTC ready and have it done well so it can be used cheaply.

It's more about getting those 3rd parties to do it right, and getting people who already use BTC to use LTC, and getting others to use both.

It's strange that there has been so little push by the crypto community for this. It would make crypto go from speculation to having actual purpose

And in case anyone can't tell, I'm holding LTC

>Should be automatic

God bless you user. I bought 300 or so ltc at around 45 a few days ago and have been feeling kind of shitty as I watched my small gains from that be erased today. This gives me hope that my investment will make me some money

>The 3rd parties need to have LTC ready and have it done well so it can be used cheaply.

I don't understand what you mean. As far as I understand, from a small business perspective, you would only need to create a LTC wallet address to start accepting LTC as payment. I don't see where a 3rd party would come in unless you want some sort of post-payment services. Granted not all business are technically savvy enough to understand how to create a LTC wallet, but if BTC is already in the conversation then LTC isn't far off.

2 things
1: People don't want to setup the infrastructure
2: People wash dollars, not LTC

Steam is an example I believe of using 3rd party payment service.
Companies are more likely to use a 3rd party they can integrate with rather than build out their own infrastructure to support it

What is the likelihood of the fables 4/1 BTC/ltc paradigm coming into place once atomic swap is in place? It seems like it must arise out of necessity: if ltc remains vastly undervalued to btc after the atomic swap framework is in place, people will be dumping btc into undervalued ltc, and making huge profits. This will drive the price up until such a time when profit taking like that is no longer tenable, i.e. 4/1. Does this seem reasonable?

Not likely anytime soon because 4/1 would only be possible once both sets of coins mining are exhausted, and we don't know how many of each coin is lost forever in forgotten wallets.

Right now, it money is moving from LTC to ETH since ETH is getting pumped up again.

LTC is undervalued, and atomic swaps should bring value to it, but the biggest things to look for are an ETH crash.
Also Litecoin doesn't need much in order for it to get pumped up to crazy numbers since it's market cap is so much smaller.

In case people haven't noticed, investing in ETH a week ago was more profitable than BTC before the fork and cashing out both BTC and BCC. Crazy thing is, you could have done almost both since ETH spiked later in the week.

TL;DR: Wait for ETH to cool, and also LTC is likely at any moment to explode if something disturbs it. Hard to tell what atomic swaps will do since there isn't really infrastructure using it yet.

LTC is undervalued right now. Atomic Swap alone should make it on par with ETH's marketcap IMO.It's a no brainer, LTC is gonna mega pump this month

My designer drug vendor takes litecoin and they actually recommend people use it over btc for purchases due to fees and transaction times

what's this Atomic swaps thing about?

An atomic swap is basically a trading system

Normally right now if you want to trade 2 cryptocurrencies, you need to
>Person A sends their stuff to Person B
>Then afterwards, Person B sends their stuff to Person A
or
>Person A and Person B send it to Middleman C
>Middleman C then sends A's to B and B's to A

The problem with that is that in the first scenario, if B backs out and doesn't send his stuff, then he has both his own and Person A's stuff.
In the second scenario, if one of them backs out, then Middleman C has to send whoever didn't back out back to the user.

Atomic swap is a direct trade. Both A and B swap on the lightning chain in a single action.
With that, you will be able to trade cryptocurrencies directly to each other easier and faster

oh nice

What do you think about Atomic Swaps coming to Vertcoin as well? If that's the case then surely Vertcoin is seriously undervalued?

Yes, but Vertcoin =/= litecoin

So far I'm feeling that LTC isn't going anywhere. Hype is definitely elsewhere. People seem more interested in coins inspired by the matrix than anything really useful.

i sold my LTC for BTC since they solved their scaling problems

A coin isn't just its functionality, it's the people who work on it and the community around it

Seriously considering selling LTC to go all in on ans/neo

being on cuckbase is about the only thing it has going for it lol

That's just, like, your opinion man

+1

What do? ANS is expensive now though...

Just did that myself, would recommend doing it

this is the kind of stuff corecucks don't get. theyre basically sitting on the dick of benjamin netanyahu and believing him when he says that we didnt kill 500 kids in the west bank.