>Songhai
>Hausa
>Fulani
>Wolof
>Mali

>"why africa a shit" thread #9001
desustorage.org/his

>enough land for everyone
Most of which is untraversable desert and jungle littered with malaria and other tropical diseases
>abundant wildlife
Most of which is extremely dangerous or scarredy and is completely undomesticatable.
>rich in natural resources
Like oil? Gold? Things that are completely useless to any hunter gatherers or early agrarian societies.
>literal diamonds overflowing from the ground
See above
>can't progress beyond a mud hut
1. There were plenty of iron-age level civilisations in Africa
2. Most people in history have lived in uncivilised societies, not exclusive to Africa.
3. Mud is an excellent building material and insulator in hot climates

Next thread

>Mudhut
>Mudhut
>Mudhut
>Mudhut
>Mudhut
>Mudhut

Really?

I see what you mean. I can only see mudhuts here.

>>literal diamonds overflowing from the ground
what is the practical use of diamonds apart from making diamond drills?

>what is the practical use of diamonds

They are worth a lot of money, and money is practical.

>being so unevolved that you literally dont know what to do with oil, diamond, and gold

>They are worth a lot of money
And who decided they are worth a lot of money?

>And who decided they are worth a lot of money?

The people who are willing to pay millions of dollars for them.

>Look at how shiny this piece of metal is. I'm sure the shininess of this metal will aid me in harvesting these crops.

>The people who are willing to pay millions of dollars for them.
It's almost like their value was entirely determined by humans and have no intrinsic value or practical use

Wow, you just discovered the existence of social constructs! You must be a genius!

So you are admitting that the value of diamonds is completely fictitious.

Diamonds in Africa were worth less than copper and sea shells, and about as much as glass beads, until the 19th century or so. Because there was no one willing to pay "millions of dollars" for them.
As soon as people started doing that, Africans started killing each others over control of the diamond trade.

The value of diamonds is about as fictitious as the monopoly money when you agree to and are playing a Monopoly game with your friends.

It isn't real like the physical laws of the universe, but it really doesn't matter, because as long as you're playing the Monopoly game, you ACT as if it is real.

Well, obviously the value of something really doesn't exist if people don't know what to do with it.

I mean, Thorium ore wasn't valuable for most of the history since it's discovery too, but now it is rising in price because people have invented thorium reactors that supply energy.

But if I took those monopoly money and tried to use them in game of poker, they would not be accepted, because they play by a different rule set.

That's what's being discussed here. Diamonds didn't have value in pre-colonial Africa because they didn't consider them valuable.

>That's what's being discussed here.

No it's not. You're saying diamonds just simply don't have any value objectively.

Which is ridiculous. Because nothing has value outside a given context.

>You're saying diamonds just simply don't have any value objectively.
Objective value is philosophic and isn't the focus of this discussion. This is about history in sub-saharan Africa and the simple truth is that no natives had any use for diamonds until Europeans arrived.

>This is about history in sub-saharan Africa and the simple truth is that no natives had any use for diamonds until Europeans arrived.

And I never denied that they did.

What's your point?

What's YOUR point? What exactly are you trying to argue here?

so what?

Isn't Namibia a 100% colony?

A more honest photo. Also, Sankore was built in the 15.-16. century, not 982.

btfo

>Things that are completely useless to any hunter gatherers or early agrarian societies.
hence the thread, you illiterate scum

why could africans not progress?

His point was that Europeans came to Africa and found it dripping with riches, the fact the native niggers never thought to use any of them for anything simply proves that they were dumb.

If you had read the rest of my post, you would've known.

Namibia is racially homogeneous and NOT Bantu, it's also incredibly rich in diamond mines. It's by no means exemplary for Africa in general.

Africa is not monolithic. What you could be ascribing to primitive tribes would have been done by civilized societies. You forgot about Mali? Swahili? All those African states that took advantage of it's own riches?

>the fact the native niggers never thought to use any of them
Use them for what? What practical uses does gold, oil or diamonds have to a pre-industrial society?

looks very Ordnung, I approve.

>His point was that Europeans came to Africa and found it dripping with riches, the fact the native niggers never thought to use any of them for anything simply proves that they were dumb.

No that wasn't my point at all.

My point was that invoking Stirnerite deconstruction where the modern economy is concerned is facetious at best, and pedestrian at worst.

It's like whining you have to pay for your food with money; yeah yeah, we get it, you don't give a shit about the game that humans are playing currently, wow, you're such an intellectual, my god.

Literally
>The whole of Africa is either the Saharan desert or the congo rainforest
Here's some facts:
1. Subsaharan Africa has more arable land than the whole of Europe
2. Nice BS, but there's no excuse for the fact that diamonds and gold has always been a valuable resource since the rise of the Akkadian Empire
>3. Actually trying to justify the fact that Africa uses mud buildings.
There are fucking palaces in the Arabian peninsular

I used Stirner to mock this guy because he's good for dispelling any idea of intrinsic value in situations were it doesn't apply.

I'm fully aware the mindset isn't always a useful one. I know money is a social construct but I'm still gonna use them to buy groceries.

Well then you've been talking to different people, because these are my posts, and you did use Stirner against me.

Eh, minus that post in the middle obviously.

Really? This is the capital of Botswana.

Diamonds didn't mean a thing until Jews capitalized off of it in today's market.

Right so the post I replied to was this one which to me implied that diamonds cost money because they're valuable and not the other way around.

Well they are valuable NOW, and have been valuable for quite some time.

Not saying they have always been valuable.

>look at how shiny this piece of metal is, maybe I should trade with the arabs/brits/french/germans/turks/romans/carthaginians and import technology to help me farm

>Not saying they have always been valuable.
Which is what I thought you were implying. I thought you were like this guy who thinks Africans were dumb for not seeing the intrinsic value in shiny rocks or whatever.

Yeah, but he's just a retarded /pol/fugee.

The reason the Africans didn't think them valuable was probably because they didn't see them as tools.

I mean, the value of specific artifacts are extremely culturally dependent.

Bringing a rifle to Bantu tribesman will make them shake their head, but an axe will probably make them happy.

So we're in agreement then.

Sounds like it.

Short answer:
Isolation and Geography (Unlike Europe, Africa's rivers are useless, land is infertile for agriculture etc.)

Long Anser:
Read Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshalls

Pls be bait

Why are /pol/acks so fucking retarded?
You can explain things to them a million fucking times and they keep repeating the same inane shit.
Why are they still here?
How do we get rid of them?

Well, perhaps we should stop responding to their bait threads I guess.

>yes, I'll trade metal with the white people who at this time only visit coastal areas and only want slaves to trade for sugar to trade for manufactured goods, what a brilliant idea

there was nothing in your post that adequately answered the question. are you ESL?

>yes, I will stay in the deep jungle and die of malaria instead of migrating to the fertile coasts, what a brilliant idea
Even the GERMANS of all people had enough sense to migrate their tribes when necessary

>b-but the ones in the south had nobody to trade with!!!
How the southern Africans could have fixed this:
set up merchant colonies like the Phoenicians did.
That was easy!
The history of much of africa is one of mindboggling incompetence, brief order and development, then anarchy
Yes, there were some African kingdoms that achieved more than the rest, but they were still Albania tier in the annals of history

This entire thread
>Africa had diamonds but they're shiny rocks lmao
>Africa had gold but everyone was a farmer and didn't need it
>Africa has no farmland lmao

>diamonds
>valuable
keep believing that shit

>>abundant wildlife
>>rich in natural resources

only Forest(it's ok, it's brown) and grassland soil(ver good, it's black) are good
rest is shit and hard to make use of

AHAHAHAHAHAH

>the phoenicians were completely isolated

Whos more civilized? The guy who thinks shiny stones whose qualities come from the coincidental arrangement of ions have innate value or the guy who uses materials like mud to better his living conditions? Really makes you think...

The map is disproportionate, Africa is far far far larger than that
And the reason so much of Africa is a desert is poor land management by africans

please teach me how to terraform the entirety of the sahara

Wasn't Gaborone built by the British ?although it currently has a population of 400k, not to shabby!

Why are the rivers useless? And can the soil really not be tilled why?

I'm honestly ignorant

>what is irrigation
wow, that was hard!!!

don't give in to the bait just post architecture of pre-colonial Africa

>mudstack with twigs sticking out

also

>invented thorium reactors that supply energy.

really? .... I don't think so.

=

-

>iron-age
In terms of weaponry yes, but blacks are in the mesolithic era in terms of everything else.

Its more disturbing how blacks focus their brains on making things to kill people like iron weapons rather than help their own people by inventing better architecture or trying to figure out how herbs work.

^^

Sahara was caused by plate tectonics you stupid fuck.

sure, da plate n shit be keepin da black man down n shit now les riot

As funny as this meme is, that continental event is the reason we fucking humans exist to begin with, without it North Africa would just be a rainforest and apes would never learn to walk without savannahs created by the continental plate event.

I wish mediniggers didn't sperg out on Ethiopia, it would have been the sickest Africa country if they hadn't had to deal with the disruptions in WWII.

>CE

sounds like bullshit, I doubt God was like 'Oh boy I want to create Man but the plates aren't aligned right, shucks'

i'm gonna be honest, i laughed

but it's pretty impressive considering the tools they had and the practicallity of the material

Comfy

In order to irrigate you need consistent and self-renewing water deposits, which, by the way, oasis aren't.

maybe they should have, oh I don't know, migrated to the fertile coast or, oh I don't know, built aqueducts

im pretty sure the Egyptians did a whole lot more with a whole lot less

>littered with malaria and other tropical diseases

well to be fair, europe was also littered with black death and numerous other wipeouts but still managed to build literally the world we know today.

Money itself is a mere spook, my friend

It's useless because they cannot be used for trade. In Europe, the rivers were used to transport good from one place to another. You can't do that in Africa because it's full of waterfalls. The soil cannot be tilled is because the soil is not nutritious. This is why much of Africa was only settled when the Europeans came in who have the technology capable of transcending these geographic limitations. Those limitations held Africa off for a thousand years.

To all of those fuckers saying that they have a lot of diamonds. You do realize that diamonds are fucking common. The only reason they are expensive is that of two things:

1. Mining diamonds is monopolized.
2. Diamonds were marketed as a gift of men for their fiance during the 1900's

Before the 1900's, diamonds were cheap and were not considered luxury products.

Europe's diseases were limited for a time period. Africa's diseases were there from the start.

The Nile river is calm and predictable. This allowed the Egyptians to use the Nile river to carry goods from one place to another. African rivers are useless on the other hand.The surrounding area is also very fertile around it.