ITT: ethnicities that survived against all odds

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews
nature.com/hdy/journal/v115/n5/full/hdy201536a.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/06/the-paternity-myth-the-rarity-of-cuckoldry/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tur_Abdin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monument_to_1300_Years_of_Bulgaria,_Shumen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_diaspora
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jews.

Correct my if i'm wrong but let's compare you to the Jews:

You don't speak Akkadian, Jews speak Hebrew
Jews still worship YHWA and even made him into the basis of western world religions, you however don't worship the original pantheon like Baal but worship the Judean god.

Everyone bitches about how we need an independent Kurdistan. I say fuck that, independent Assyria.

>Assyrians
>Baal
Don't you mean Ashur?

They speak Aramaic. Same as the Ancient Assyrians

>The Neo-Aramaic languages are ultimately descended from Old Aramaic, the lingua franca in the later phase of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, displacing the East Semitic Assyrian dialect of Akkadian. Aramaic was the language of commerce, trade and communication and became the vernacular language of Assyria in classical antiquity.[137][138][139] By the 1st century AD, Akkadian was extinct, although some loaned vocabulary still survives in Assyrian Neo-Aramaic to this day.[140][141]

Armenians managed to survive and preserve their culture in the ME, which was conquered by every important empire since 2000BC. Similar for Georgians.

Koreans should be full-blown Chinese by know, they survived literally by being autistic (and living in mountains).

That Abos didn't commit collective suicide after the settlers introduced mirrors and allowed them to see their faces also deserve a honorable note.

>they survived literally by being autistic
What do you mean?

Kek don't bully Abos

They were very introverted and were mostly concerned with internal politics, arts and confucianism. I think they called themselves a hermit kingdom for some century.

Hermit Kingdom.

Joseon Korea closed itself up to any foreign entry.

We're talking way beyond Japan tier seclusion.

That's cause they always kept to themselves in the so called "Christian triangle", were Kurds have protected them so they could live and maintain their culture and ways.

But now the Kurds are tired of their lazy piece of shit asses and are gonna liberate their rightful lands from them.

Rightful land? Assyrians were always living there for thousands of years before you goat fuckers arrived. Besides that, why are you supporting terrorists?

Sami people

Why not both? Mideast is gonna Balkanize sooner or later, it sort of already has unofficially. Give the Chaldeans and Druze a state too.

Kurds want all of Upper Mesopotamia

Kurds have always been delusional.

>Jews
>Keeping their ethnicity
Nice meme

Han Chinese never really cared about assimilating Koreans for most of their history. They didn't even care about other territories outside of China Proper

/pol/ says they're semitic

>/pol/ says
Wew and /pol/ is the ultimate authority on genetics?

/pol/ says it is

Not really. A lot of them subscribe to the khazarian hypothesis and other debunked theories, like this guy probably does:

Fuck off back to /pol/ then

/pol/ are a bunch of retarded kids.

No theapricity is

>anthrotard boards
Literally /int/: forum edition

No I don't, jews are mixed that's all, a lot of conversions, rape and adultary took place the last 3000 years
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews

Why do people keep calling them Assyrians when we can call them Suryoyos?

You doesn't sound much older.

Everyone is mixed. You could say the same for Arabs and North Africans.

That article presents information from studies that show that the major Jewish groups descend from a common ancestral pool. Surprisingly Jews have little central european admixture. Most of it seems to be South-East European.

>rape
Not the rape meme.

Also non-paternity events are rare, despite MRA memes to the contrary.

nature.com/hdy/journal/v115/n5/full/hdy201536a.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/06/the-paternity-myth-the-rarity-of-cuckoldry/

Shamash was more important for them, but Ashur was their patron deity.

You know that goat fuckers also applues to assyrians right?

Germans
>No nation state until mid-18th century to unite the people
>Lost both world wars
>Still a surviving culture

Same with Polish people
>Be under occupation for centuries
>Still alive

Is this ironic? Tell me this is ironic.

>Assyrian_people
Not for long. They are going to get genocided by the K*rds soon.

>Lose the Frankish wars so bad that original inhabitors of walloons are pushed back behind the rhine.
>Genetically, it is nearly impossible to tell apart a Frenchman from a German
lmao

>mixed
>ethnicity that survived
Pick one

>muh ASSyrians
who gives a shit about some limp-wristed faggots that surrender whatever chance they get

Kurds are the future of the ME and together with the US they are gonna take out all the disgusting Arab, ASSyrian, Turkroach and (F)ersian trash

They're pretty close, and derive the bulk of their ancestry from there. Alongside samaritans, and some druze, lebs and palestinian groups - namely palestinian christians, those are among the closest descendants of the Israelites.

>Kurds are the future of the ME and together with the US they are gonna take out all the disgusting Arab, ASSyrian, Turkroach and (F)ersian trash
The delusion of K*rds will never cease to amaze me.

That's what makes them so good

>without cucking your religion

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Assur says "hi", you soon-to-be-extinct race of god-betrayers. Your vile race is cursed and will soon pass from this world, never to be mourned.

But /int/ is the worst board after Veeky Forums

t.satan
Pagan shit needs to be destroyed.

Where does this concept that every meme nationality in the middle east deserves a state come form ?
>druze
you've got to be shitting me...

>>Be under occupation for centuries
only one

>t. /pol/

>Germans
>Still a surviving culture
not for long

Also the Parsis are an interesting people, not like theyll last that much longer either

>1438
>still being a shirkfag
Christianity is not perfect but it's still billions time better than fucking paganism

(dot) indians?
they keep moving from one conqueror to another and still managed to keep a continuous religion.

As an "ASSyrian", I knew the moment I saw this thread that it would be full of stupidity. Including the OP's image and the Wikipedia articles written like a pamphlet.

Besides that, stupidity or ignorance in the 3rd post: >You don't speak Akkadian, Jews speak Hebrew

Do you not know that Hebrew was revived, mixed and modernized in the last century? There's no comparison with the continuity of Aramaic. There is in fact direct connection with Akkadian in the regions where Akkadian was widely spoken, as confirmed by linguistic fieldwork in the Nineveh plains. But even besides that, they speak the language by which Hebrew was replaced in antiquity, with no reforms or public education, in the same area for over 2 millennia.

Suryoyo is one group, west of the main Assyrian area, largely following the Syriac Orthodox Church which has been separate from the Church of the East for a longer time than 90% of churches, if I'm not mistaken. You're probably from a place where there are more of them than the other groups, and some will insist they're not Assyrians, especially if they associate the word with the CoE. They speak a different group of dialects of the language.

>going to
See WWI. And several times before and after.

/k/

Hi, I have a few questions.

What areas would Assyrians claim if they were not genocided in the 20th century? I know that today they primarily claim the Assyrian triangle, but back in the day they claimed some more territory. Can you tell me more about the territories outside of the triangle that could've realistically been incorporated into a modern Assyrian nation-state? Are there other ancient sites that are significant to Assyrian identity but are now inhabited by others and are practically impossible to incorporate? What sites and cities are the most important to Assyrians? Which cities are the most inhabited?

Less durka durka moon worshippers, the better.

White people and their stupid nationalism

They assimilated the Yue people in the South though, we don't consider them anything but Chinese

please respond

Finns
They would speak swedish or russian by now if it wasn't for their autism

>friendship ended with Assyria

>b-but muh aryanism

hahaha

Thanks for your questions.

>What areas would Assyrians claim if they were not genocided in the 20th century? I know that today they primarily claim the Assyrian triangle, but back in the day they claimed some more territory.

I looked up the "triangle" now as both the Mosul plain and the broader region excluding the Euphrates part on that map are triangular. If the claims have been reduced, it's partially because anyone fleeing the persecution without leaving the whole area would probably end up in Iraq. If they really tried, there are enough people originating from current Iran and Turkey territory that could go back. Not all were killed, but all political power was gone. The fact that the nationalism focuses on ancient Assyria also places emphasis on Iraq since that's where they were centered.

>Can you tell me more about the territories outside of the triangle that could've realistically been incorporated into a modern Assyrian nation-state?

If you are referring to the Iraq triangle, then definitely the neighboring areas in Turkey and Iran, specifically the Urmi plain in Iran and Hakkari in Turkey are notable. The Urmians are distinctive in several ways but many have left Iran. SENNA on that map also had a significant presence. Hakkari also had the seat of the CoE patriarch, Qudchanis, which still has sites standing. As for the western area on the map, I don't know the details of Syriac people, who are there. Another noteworthy place outside of that map is the villages of Maloula near Damascus. They may be the last remnant of Mediterranean Aramaic. Almost the only native Muslim speakers can be found there, but it's also a center of some current Christian sites.

Southeast of the smaller triangle, and north of Baghdad, is quite noteworthy as not only is their principal TV network but since 2015 the CoE patriarch is located in Arbil. I think there are also some large villages that were once fully Assyrian and have now received Kurds (cont.)

That southeastern area of Arbil and Kirkuk is sometimes overlooked since it's beven more Kurdish for longer, I guess. There are more neighborhoods in the cities further south, as well as Mandaeans in the Persian Gulf area who retain some ties with them (and have their form of the language too). Furthest south, in the Gulf area itself, I think some places are of historical/cultural significance there. Finally, I should say that Urfa and Nisibin in current Turkey are the source of much of their culture and traditions from the pre-Islamic times. Around there or west of there is where the Syriacs are, the smaller triangle is not very close and does not represent their status well. They have many of their own sites and monasteries.

>Are there other ancient sites that are significant to Assyrian identity but are now inhabited by others and are practically impossible to incorporate?

That's a hard question, not least because I'd like to think it's not impossible. There are entire towns where they've been kicked out in the last few years because of you-know-who. And all those ancient sites they've destroyed, well, some were inhabited and some weren't but they're all precious. I believe that along with the historic settlement of Qaraqosh where they apparently speak oone of the most ancient dialects, they destroyed and plundered the monastery of Mar Behnam, (mar = lord or saint), gloating about shattering the tomb of Behnam himself from the 4th or 5th century. Muslims have been attacked too, obviously the supposed tomb of Noah is important to all and I think they destroyed the mosque containing it. The ruins of Ashur (which is a very ancient site) are threatened. It was inhabited until the early 'modern' persecutions, by Tamerlane, presumably by Christians.

There are many potential places I could argue to answer the question, but one striking case is the town of Simele, the site of the 1933 massacre. Because even at the same time that it's (Cont.)

>Are there other ancient sites that are significant to Assyrian identity but are now inhabited by others and are practically impossible to incorporate? What sites and cities are the most important to Assyrians?

Tur Abdin in southeastern Turkey

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tur_Abdin

I'll rephrase. It's striking that the inhabitants of Simmele who were killed were themselves refugees of the WWI genocide. I think more than naming a place, the attitude about the "Armenian genocide" says a lot. The same proportion of all people of Assyrian ethnicity were killed as all those of Armenian ethnicity (or so I heard). When people say "who remembers the Armenians?", then Assyrians must not be very high on the totem pole. Thus the OP's picture is correct about the odds being stacked, when it comes to Turks and the Ottoman Kurds.

>What sites and cities are the most important to Assyrians?

Besides all the places I've mentioned, there is the Chaldean village of Alqosh. Like I said about Suryoyo/Syriacs earlier, Chaldeans also sometimes insist they're not Assyrian even though they're even more similar. (The village or town converted to Chaldean Catholics in the 19th century). It's almost a holy site. Within the town itself is the presumed tomb of Nahum the Alkoshite, the OOld Testament prophet, who talked about Assyria. Near it, I think on a very close mountain, is the large monastery ('deira') of Rabban (monk) Hormizd, built around the time of Muhammed. It has a large library of Syriac manuscripts, although I read some of it was burned in the initial persecutions leading to WWI - before any Armenian civilians were attacked, as far as I know - by the Kurdish emir in the 1840s. A new monastery was also built next to it around then. Anyway, I heard it's built into the cave, and it was the center of the Nestorian (I.e., Assyrian Church of the East) from some time in the 1400s until Chaldean conversion. The patriarchs during that time are buried in it. I don't think this town or the sites were captured recently. The tomb of Nahum is in a synagogue, but the Jews in the region, some or many of whom spoke Aramaic and supposedly had been there since Jews got in Mesopotamia, went to Israel in the decades following WWII.

(Cont. with last q.)

>Which cities are the most inhabited?

I don't know since so many are fleeing or have fled the terror recently, with some wanting to return and some not wanting to. But I think reports saying they're practically "all gone" are exaggerated. I bet that just like in the Tamerlane invasion, some have gone north in the mountains, or northern cities. Earlier I read many have not fled to the diaspora but neighboring countries. Within the diaspora, the Midwestern U.S. is significant if not the absolute center of the diaspora. After the massacre at Simmele the CoE patriarch had to relocate to Chicago. But the diaspora is really far-flung. It may be one of the biggest and most widely spread for a group of that size. That's probably half the reason people are hearing about them. I heard Sodertalje (or something) in Stockholm has a lot of Syriacs. Actually there may be many or all the groups still in Turkey, I'm just not sure which towns. I think Diyerbekir and the places in that Tur Abdin map. In Baghdad, I think they got severely attacked after the Iraq War started, but that may still have many of them.

Well, I think I've answered your questions thoroughly and better than plenty of them could have. Why are you interested? Just wondering.

Not him but do you even think an own country is realistic in any way? Or do you think that it would be more realistic to simply fight for equality and safety in your home countries?

Fuck off Hans, germans have been a plague since they were alive

Such contempt for your own god, no wonder you """people""" have achieved exactly nothing since turning your back on Him.

Assyrians are literally at the mercy and have been at the mercy of the Muslim majority. Their survival literally depended on hiding in the mountains. Why do they act like they are tough guys ? chill the fuck out

With all the constant upheaval and threat of terrorism do you think the Assyrians can survive? What is their birthrate like?

They talk a good fight but they sold their balls to Jesus long ago.

>do you think the Assyrians can survive?

"No".
>t.assur

The glorious Croats.

>form tiny Dutchy between Byzantines and Avars
>rebel against Frankish vassalage and fight off their army
>fight off initial Venetian, Hungarian and Bulgarian invasions
>even occasional Arabic and Norman raids
>personal union with Hungary
>fight Turks on and off for 400 fucking years, almost disappear
>resist heavy attempts of Magyarisation and Germanisation in the territories under the Habsburg crown
>coastal areas resist cultural assimilation first from the Venetian Republic and later from Italy
>resist Yugoslavisation and Serbianisation attempts in Kingdom of Yugoslavia
>now independent and 90+% Croat

>hungary's port
>a nation or a people

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monument_to_1300_Years_of_Bulgaria,_Shumen

Fuck greeks and turks.

t. a greek turk

>Han Chinese never really cared about assimilating Koreans for most of their history.
Neither identity existed in antiquity,the former is derived from the Xianbei usage of a dynastonym which became an ethnonym for Northern Chinese. Southern Chinese(anyone south of the Huai river) weren't considered Han until the Ming dynasty.

On the other hand,a nascent Korean identity was only achieved under the Goryeo dynasty.

The Korean peninsula was a mismash of Sinitic elements from Shandong/Liaoning,Yemaek/Gojoseon from Liaoning,Koreanic Buyeo from Jilin and para-Japonic remnants attested from toponym glosses and Gaya.

>They didn't even care about other territories outside of China Proper
The historical concept of "China Proper" i.e. Zhongguo was limited towards the the territories controlled by the Western Zhou.

The autonyms of Hua(floresecent) and Xia(variegated) was adopted by Warring States elites. Chu and Qin were noticeable interlopers that participated in this geopolitical "Zhonguo",Chu was originally of barbarian stock while Qin rejected these cultural trappings for Shang Yang's reforms and subsequent unification.

>They assimilated the Yue people in the South though, we don't consider them anything but Chinese
They assimilated far more than the distant south,the Rong-Di,Dong Yi,Ba Shu as well as the Yangzi polities of Chu,Wu and Yue were all brought to heel.

Well, if a shining star of courage and integrity (such as yours truly) entered politics, I'm sure it would be feasible. The (religious) leaders tend to say "equality and safety", others say "own country".

My opinion is simple, even if they have been 2nd class citizens, the sheer existence of Muhammedan terror puts a wrench in things, and there's a point where one should admit things were alright that way in comparison. The world must focus on its complete eradication as it is literally subhuman. Even guys like the baiter here who shows up whenever Kurds are criticized should be dealt with appropriately. While Kurds may call the same area their own country, that's still no different from vulnerable natives and expansionistic non-natives everywhere else.

They didn't claim that, the British did. And their trust was rewarded far from the Zagros mountains in WWII.

The thing is, they behave as if they're flourishing. They're somewhat in their own world, while others at the same time are in their own politically correct world where a whole people based on religious differences are nonexistent and can be incorporated into the public easily. I think the birth-rate is average, but I'm not sure.

bump.

I think the southern Indians who are partially their own ethnicity are quite ancient. And they withstood Western colonial attacks and got surprising victories several times.

All of Central Asia

posters like this are just being ironic right?

>Croatia
This whole thread is meme nations and their claims but this has to be the funniest one.

For all intents and purposes the Sami people are indistinguishable from the Norwegians, Swedes and Finns. Man those government programs to wipe them out really worked and only ended in the 1970s.

Kinda want to revive old middle eastern languages

Which ones?

So others have to fight for Assyrians again?

Poles

Persian/eastern Persian languages without Arabic loanwords

Phoenician/Punic

Basques. They are literally the only indigenous Europeans who didn't assimilate into the Indo-European family and kept their own language and identity.

Based

Hebrew was revived as a modernized language but all literate Jews learned Hebrew as a scholarly language. There are tons of Hebrew literature written in the middle ages and later. Mostly religious and poetry. And also commercial / legal letters between communities.

Irish people

>these surrender monkey twinks are the descendants of some of the greatest and most feared warriors of antiquity

>Kurds
>Feared warriors

That's not how "ethnicity" works.
>Common Ancestry: Check
>Common Language: Check
>Common Culture: Check

Jews and Samaritans maintained all three of these. Not to mention European admixture only accounts for 30% or so of their DNA. If people convert and assimilate to Jewish culture that's not them not surviving.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_diaspora
>Ashkenazi Jews share a common ancestry with other Jewish groups and Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews have roughly 30% European ancestry with the rest being Middle Eastern.[44]

They are still 100% pure hindus btw.

Assyrian/Chaldean girls are THICC, mang

>all literate Jews
[citation needed]