What does this say

Found this in an old box of ww1 stuff.

Does anyone know what it says looks like French?

I think it might be Dutch actually.

Yeah I think you are right.

This hand writing is very hard to read especially in a foreign language

Yep. All I can understand is that it was penned in May 1775 in Locri (Calabria)

Actually it might be one of several cities/towns that were called Locres in French or Latin.

>tfw trying to puzzle out an obscure memo written in what is either Flemish or Dutch in an obscure hand, while trying to take into account the potential for loan-words, spelling errors or archaic/regional spelling variations

WHO IS JOSEPH INGELAERE?
HE IS THE KEY

the capture of fort ticonderoga happened that day. could just be coincidence

first word line 4 might be "no one"

I'm afraid that's like asking "who is John Smith"

Line 2 looks it says "someones name on Kemmel" a hill in flanders i think. hard doing this.

Bump for the Euros to decipher.

I am flemish and i think it is an agreement between two people about a sale.
It goes like this
giving consent to Joseph Ingelaere to come and get a 'veirle' on Kemmel(village) on the church Van Laere (name) starting on this village no 'contagreinfe liechte' and driving work at Laere, 10 may 1775

If OP can use this deed to reclaim the land on thos hill in flanders, pls build a Veeky Forumstorical lodge

it is clearly not french

It's some sort of sales agreement. First line talks about "permitting" (giving) something to Joseph. It's Dutch.

Gepermitteert aen Joseph Ingelaere te Haelen
Eene veirse op Kemmel om te patureren op de prochie van Locre aengesien op dese prochie geene contagieuse sieckte en regueert tot Locre 10en mey 1775
J. Li Vermeersch

t. Flemish history uni student
Got exam next week on paleography

I'll continue with the translation
Permitted to Joseph Ingelaeren at Haelen (modern day Halen, Flanders)
a 'veirse' at Kemmel to ? to the municipality/township of Locre (French for Loker, Flanders) since this township doesn't have any contagious diseases and ? at Locre 10th of may 1775
Vermeersch

There you go

Good work

Post more from the same grouping, give some background information too

this thread is pasta btw :)

It's Afrikaans.

bump

I solved it you cunt

>flemish or dutch