Are we just fucking stupid?

Throughout history there has always been war and bloodshed, I'm starting to believe its part of human nature, we have kindness and compassion too but I want to focus on the ugly side here.

I mean it gets to the point where people will say something like "filthy people that aren't part of my country/religion/whatever you should all die because we are right and every single one of you is an evil retard" and there are people in the opposition that think the exact same thing.

Is it mental illness? Is that why some people are hell bend on a new war, because another full scale world war could well be the end of everything, which is fucking retarded.

Maybe its the selfish gene, some people think my race is best because its mine and every other race means nothing in comparison, idk, thoughts?

Well, it's quite simple really. The way it works is you have a majority population that follows a traditional set of standards (norms) and does so with moderate success for a long period of time. Of course, some groups deviate from this slightly but not enough to really cause any trouble. Then eventually, a rogue group comes along and tries to redefine everything which pisses a lot of people off. These rogue groups are pretty stubborn and war is often times the only way to deal with them. A good example of this in today's world is Muslims.

But isn't it a bit too extreme to come to the conclusion that people dying is the way to solve the problem, why even start wars and bring people who dont want to be involved into it?

Good post btw.

>you should all die because we are right and every single one of you is an evil retard
Top kek. 99% of all conflicts are about resources. It's no mental illness to compete for them, it's in the nature of ALL life, not just humans.

But they still say stuff like that, is it a way of justifying what they're doing?

Also what about ideals and culture?

>But they still say stuff like that, is it a way of justifying what they're doing?
Pretty much.
>Also what about ideals and culture?
Spooks. And I don't mean that in the meme sense. Fact is, most people don't care, they're just not valuable enough to be prioritized. Why do people hate immigrants? Because they take jobs, welfare, housing, etc that could be used by the locals. There's a reason people are bothered by Ahmed in the banlieu but not by Baron Luigi in the riviera.

But then the question becomes: why is a challenge to culture & the status quo (rogue groups) a problem? There may be some truth to taking jobs & welfare, but certainly that can't be everything. I would point to many cases where a group was victimized without having any real impact on another.

It's not so much the actual impact as the perceived impact tho. It's really quite silly to expect the cause of problems to be perfectly understood by everyone all the time. Also I'm mentioning jobs and welfare in the modern context. Centuries ago it was fields and water. It was life and death. That's no joking matter.
>why is a challenge to culture & the status quo (rogue groups) a problem?
Is this a serious question? How can a challenge NOT be a problem? A challenge by definition is a call to confrontation. What do you think a challenge even is?

>not destroying other family's to benefit your own
>selfish

It is absolutely a serious question. I think it's taken for granted that human beings react to change as strongly as they do. In a challenge to one's culture and ideals, what is does someone confront another with?

>In a challenge to one's culture and ideals, what is does someone confront another with?
Pls rephrase.

Lol that was rather poorly written. All i'm saying is that culture just boils down to worldview, and by challenging culture you're questioning the reality/worldview of a group of other people, and the 'obviousness' of this just highlights how much we take it for granted. Culture doesn't have to be important, it just is because humans use it as an answer to all the scariest questions i.e. why must we endure pain/hardship, what is the afterlife, what is free will etc.

Pretty sure fighting doesn't make things better for either side though, or am I wrong on that one some how?

>Top kek. 99% of all conflicts are about resources. It's no mental illness to compete for them, it's in the nature of ALL life, not just humans
SO in reality, it is capitalism and it's principles that has killed billions of people over the centuries? Way more than communism.

Very simplified view.

I will give a simplified answer on this:

>Is it mental illness?
No just traditional competition.

The most important part of a culture is how the culture, and thus the society, will continue to propagate itself. While change is not inherently bad, most people are subconsciously aware that major cultural shifts may damage the ability for a prosperous and productive society to remain that way, and the fear this causes could be considered an extension of the instinct to survive.
No, its capitalism that ended inevitable conflicts quickly, transparently, and rationally, as opposed to hiding them from the population and inflicting their woes on ones own nation in a state of artificial peace created by communism. If nobody is chasing resources, there would be more cause for concern than if they are.

Its because these shitskin shitheels are not allowing us to move past that.
Thats basically it.

without the world wars it's plausible to say that we wouldn't be as technologically advanced as we are now, not to mention our knowledge of how the human body reacts to things like hypothermia, pressure/altitude, and many diseases would be substantially less without nazi medical experiments and unit 731

Almost all wars have been caused by the petty selfish desires and concerns of elites. Not the democratic will of the soldiers actually fighting the wars.

See how when the fundamental economic reality of power changed from personally controlling and hoarding land as the man means to greater wealth to owning pieces of property across borders the amount of wars suddenly plummeted. Corporate raiding, not physical raiding is how you get rich now, and so the "desire" for raiding has magically disappeared in economically advanced areas.

People are stupid for not seeing through the con and slitting their master's necks when he tries to tell them they "need" to go gloriously die in a war against the rival liege across the river for unbearable crimes against "our" kingdom.

Also note how even if you can find people who are near totally sociopathic to the well being of the out-group "Nuke all of North Korea" you don't see masses protesting outside the White House demanding war with NK and volunteering themselves. Even if they could go along with it due to tribalism they don't care enough to push it themselves. It's just not worth the effort, danger, and sacrifice.

Only elites insulated from communalized losses, benefiting from exclusive private gains push for war.

>by challenging culture you're questioning the reality/worldview of a group of other people
Reality?

All it can hope to accomplish is replace worldview A with worldview B, reality has nothing to do with any of this.

Believing in one God instead of many, or going the opposite way has nothing to say about the reality of any of that, and everything to do with making sure the people in charge of education preach your worldview.

>No, its capitalism that ended inevitable conflicts quickly, transparently, and rationally

The western support for ISIS and Islamism is surely Transparent. Rational is everything. Neat brain gymnastics there. Made me kek.

The cold truth, anons, well said.

I don't think wars are ever fought for cultural dominance, ideological dominance or religious dominance, but rather for resources - land, water, people, money.

Take the war in Syria and all the countries supporting either Assad or the rebels, you think they pour millions to aid their picked side because they think one's morally better than the other? No, they pour all that cash because if their guy wins they'l get cheaper oil prices, as the direct route to the Mediterranean passes through Syria. It was never about ideas, it was always about material things, and it always will be so.

I can believe that, but what about the people fighting, more specifically terrorists, from what I know they cause terror, but why are they doing it, is it religious? Do they do this to cause trouble in attempts to help they're group, do they truly know why they're doing it?

Mankind is broken.

Christianity 101.

>leaders want thing
>other country doesn't give thing
>leaders say other country wants to kill us and take our thing
>go to other country and kill them, giving thing wanted to leaders in process
>now that leaders have their thing, they say other people that wanted to kill us now friends (slaves), and we have to give them jobs / food / land, so they can work for leaders too
>falf of us are dead, the remaining are working for and living on less, so leaders have more slaves

It's as true in "neo-x" politics today as it was in ancient empires.

>other people taking our stuff
>eating our food
>living in our homes
>hoarding our shiny metals

Or, see
as a result.

Either someone's taking your stuff, or you want someone else' stuff. You're in stage 1: realizing it's a lie.

It's tribalism.

This statement is the equivalent of "If money were free, we'd all be rich".