How to survive nihilism?

How to survive nihilism?

With plenty of hedonism

you'll grow out of it eventually

Just think to yourself,it doesn't really matter anyway

Just don't kill yourself and it should clear up with time
like all problems

Nietzsche

If you think nothing matters, why bother talking about it ?

Just stop giving a fuck

Just deny it. hahaha

Bible

In every thread that touches on nihilism there is always someone that equates it to a juvenile philosophy, which it really is not. Teen angst and their feigned apathy is not nihilism. Dumb nihilists commit suicide. Real nihilists use it to purify their philosophical core and live a regular albiet low stress life. Nihilism isnt a feeling and it isnt something that comes and goes. It is an epipheny that once applied can never not be applied. It frees one from any involuntary social biases or constraints. It kills the weak and enlightens the rest. No one grows out of nihilism, no one stops being a nihilist, anyone who says they have has never truely understood it to begin with. The only thing you can do, like these anons indicate is purposefully ignore it and consciously lie to yourself. But idk why anyone would want to deny the truth.

Why bother surviving it?

Seriously though. Just because things don't ultimately matter in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean they aren't important to your mere tiny mortal life right now. Lots of Nihilists take this to mean embracing hedonism, but hedonism tends to burn out pretty quickly as the high of immediate rewards becomes less and less satisfying.

Make modest long term goals like starting a family and retiring to a hobby farm or something, work on decent self-improvement goals and live a nice life. You won't be lying on your deathbed looking back and seeing it all as pointless. Your life matters to you. Embrace that you're an ant and instead of trying to slay dragons, slay an earthworm or something.

Right
Pathetic

The sole fact that you think that killing yourself is bad or that there is a right way to be nihilist and a wrong one tells me you're an idiot

If you're a nihilist you can't judge things from a moral ground and say X is good, Y is bad, etc

> t. someone who doesn't understand nihilism

Good news guys apparently there is no right way to be nihilist. Apprarently you can believe in god and be a nhilist, apparently you can care about everything and believe everything you are told and be a nihilist, apparently every muslim has been a nihilst all along.

STFU user

You're romanticizing nihilism as an enlightening philosophy that people willingly go into and are freed from the oh so oppressing clutches of social constraints. In reality it's a cancer resulting from secularism/postmodernism that kills people's spirits, and quite often also kills them physically, directly or indirectly.

>lol just stop being a nihilist and adopt these values and goals here my man

No, you're a complete and utter idiot.

Being a nihilistic doesn't mean le ebin sociopath, nor does it mean being suicidal, apathy is actually a perfect response to nihilism too, as all things are irrelevant illusions processed by your ego (a temporary illusion too) you can choose to pretend, and play a role, but it will never be the authentic experience you had before, whether you decide to keep playing or not, you still are a nihilist, your response to it is irrelevant, the only difference is that one who keeps "playing his role" might end up convincing himself of believing in "something" to cope with his lifestyle, and the one who chooses apathy might end up stop caring completely and die.

The only way to be a true nihilist is to experience ego death and understanding the non existence of the soul, that alone should suffice, with the death of your ego you leave behind the whole naive free will/responsibility package.

> cancer
> kills peoples spirits
it seems we are both romanticizing it. There is nothing wrong with it. The people that dont like it are generally traditionalists and think that their pointless morals have some sort of value.

You basically just fucking rephrased what I wrote earlier. I never claimed that it was being a sociopath. I agree with your description. But you attacked me on calling people who kill themselves stupid, then assumed I was judging things as good and bad. I never said killing yourself was bad, I said they were stupid for doing so. You were nitpicking at a couple of words I used and assuming off of them. Then I did the exact same thing to you because you said apparently there is no "correct" way to be a nihilist which is by definition untrue.

If anyone here is a complete and utter idiot it is you and perphaps whoever taught you to read.

>I just read Nietzsche.txt

t. anti-intellectual

I've found that generally acting in a way which satisfies your biological needs dulls the pain of nihilism. I.E, you need a meaningful life goal that you make progress on regularly, you need good friends and a romantic partner, and you need to stay active, sleep right, and eat well. Once you make those lifestyle changes, you'll find that because your life becomes enjoyable, nihilism is not as powerful as it once was, and you'll stop thinking about it as much. If you do these things and you still feel bad, you may want to consider seeing a psychiatrist as you might be depressed and medicine and talk therapy can make a huge difference. Good luck user

this. Our inbuilt psychology is fundamentally incompatible with nihilism

Why would you want to survive? What are you, a pederast?

One must imagine Sisyphus happy

Isn't buddhism nihilism

No nihilists see goal or purpose in living

Buddhists work toward liberation from samsara to enter nirvana