What the fuck is going on with that shitcoin?

Is that dogcrap ever going to recover?! I bought at 730 cause I thought it has a great tech behind, why did it dip so fucking deep? I feel so miserable, fuck you siacoin and fuck your stupid team of faggots

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_m03LO3jvLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It dipped because you bought a pump. The pump has settled down, in my understanding of charts. Will it reach ATH again? I don't know. Will it go up? Fuck yes.

>it's the devs fault I bought ath

No, not just their fault, but they created that stupid hype about obelisk which made price to go up and then it turned out to be just a fucking asic. I know it was stupid to buy it, I just didn't expect it to be that low with the tech behind it.

Any sia bagholders here?

That's actually a big deal that asic. The coin being mineable like this means no one ever is going to rent out their disc space. They fucked it up

Reporting in, I'm in a very similar case. I was sold on the product idea, and I thought I'm buying into a dip around 700.
I actually even increased my holdings and sold and rebought my stack cheaper a couple of times as it plummeted, so I have a pretty huge bag at this point.

Sorry to hear that man, hope it's going to recover at least partially. I'm a bit worried though because I missed so many opportunities to make profits from other coins just by thinking "What if it will go up and I won't be able to buy it back?". And who knows how many opportunities I'm going to miss before its recovery.

price will sit at around 300 sats +/-10%
till september that is, then we will see a drastic change, dont know the direction...

to add insult to bagholder injury, polo has had 90K siacoin of mine "Pending Withdrawal" since beginning of June. AT this point im assuming im just an early adopter of the PoloExitScam(r) or by the time polo releases this shit will be 010 sats (i missed all the highs like the pre obelisk pump because of them)

Polo seems to be shitty last time, what are you switching to? Bittrex?

It still has good tech, but people got upset over Obelisk and the way it was announced. Dust is settling now and it's ridiculously undervalued. Expect Sia to go back to 500-600 SAT this month.

Someone got real pissed off in the last ten minutes and decided to put in a floor lol

It's literally the most retarded idea in history. Stop buying into shitcoins based on ridiculous platforms that nobody will ever use. Crypto is currency and any coin that doesn't focus on that role and doesn't improve on it or bring something new to the table is worthless.

It's actually a good concept. Have you researched it?

Did you fill out a support ticket? I heard those would never be resolved unless you complained

Okay here we go:

Any coin that buys a technological resource is worthless. Sia is hard drive space. Hard drive space keeps getting cheaper and won't appreciate. Golem is the same. CPU cycles keep getting cheaper. If you traded cloud mining services, it probably collapsed. These types of coins are based on shit that can't appreciate. Sia is even worse than this because there are too many coins being produced and its massively inflated. Do not buy Sia.

There are a lot of cool software projects that should have been created without a worthless token.

You bought at All Time High and you are paying for it... meanwhile I am buying in right now. I'll see you at the top in a month or so!

Crypto is blockchain dummy.

>too many coins
It's following the same inflation as bitcoin when it started. Speaking as an early adopter, it's fine.
Just divide by two your overall gains, and that's what it'll be if nothing moves in the next 5-7 years.

Siacoin showing up on first page for Volume now! I have High Hopes!

All this bullshit fall is purely because of bitcoin. The asic fail made the coin go from 770 to 690s. The fall stopped right there.

The 300 sat bullshit is purely because of btc fork. Now Sia is behaving like most other coins.

The real question is when will this drop actually start recovering for most of the alts.

As soon as bitcoin fucks off with its fluctuations

The tech is good allowing it to eventually hit 3 cents, then 10, then maybe a dollar. Thing about sia is that you bought at a pump.

I bought when it was high too but I'm still holding.

if people keep talking about it and it does somewhat well, it will go up. It's a fuckin cent to buy any movement upwards and people will be interested

It's honestly really fucking annoying.
I was hoping that the activation of segwit2x would bring everything back to normal, but nooo.

It actually has $265 Million behind it. Right now it is in 23rd Place by that Criteria... There just happens to be a lot of Units!

holy shit youre right, siggies doesn't have a tenth of that.

I just can't grasp why they're going after the enterprise sector instead of consumer.

Imagine the entire file sharing community built upon Sia. People are already fucking paying for seedboxes and vps to be apart of sekret clubs. Why not get money for it?

Hell you can even setup contracts/bounties for hosting a high demand file.

There's lots of potential for literally being the uber of decentralized storage, but those monkeys are marketing towards the wrong audience.

Well what do you mean Enterprise Sector? If you got the Money you can do File Storage right?

Unless I'm a dumbass from what I understand it's meant for companies

Because enterprises will be using it more than consumers. However, the UI is built in such a way that even consumers can use it. The issue with consumer first is the whole 'lemme use a few TB of free storage' which doesn't fit with the decentralized pay upfront model.

>marketing the wrong audience
They're not marketing to anyone.

This concept for this coin is so basic and the market share is and always will be dominated by AWS, I don't know why you expected anything great

The cellphone market is dominated by Android.

i've held 150k SC since may, and i've believed in it for so long, but i'm really regretting not dumping when it went over 1 cent. i'm seriously considering taking my (now much smaller) profit and going all in on NEO

why why why wont it go up fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

JUST LET ME CASH OUT AT 700 AND ILL NEVER TOUCH THIS SHITCOIN EVER AGAIN!!!

Kind of looks like Neo is crashing to me.

The point is not to overcome Amazon, but to eat a small share of their market to be worth a few billion in worth and then grow from there.

I hear you that you have waited so long but... that Chart looks like a great buy right now doesn't it?

Yeah, but do you know how hard it is to monetize data storage? You need to provide some otherworldly service to the customer and have a godly UI, more than just being a place to tuck your files away. Additionally, people are very paranoid about the safety of the files they store, and as such would not be likely to trust a platform like this when the majority of the file storing market has no idea what cryptocurrencies are. I'm not shitting on the team/devs, I'm just saying the challenge of making this project a success is too great

i can see NEO getting up to $100/coin

i'm not sure i see SC hitting the same strides (5x) anytime soon, if at all. but yeah, i'll probably hold on. i like the coin a lot, the future just seems too cloudy.

what do you think about SC?

it looks good if you're getting in for the first time, but i'm happy with 150k. won't burn me too much if i lose the investment, but can still be quite a sum if SC beats my predictions. it's a nice place. might sell some. maybe keep only 100k?

Ye of little faith.
>100% secure
>lower cost
>no one controls anything
That's all people need to know.

I hope you're right, for your bags' sake

I'm doing fine.
Give sia 2-3 years, and it'll be good.
By 2026, blockchain will become mainstream and commonly used. At that point, when everyone knows and uses bitcoin, it won't be an issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=_m03LO3jvLY

If you want to get rid of it... you can. There's nothing wrong with that man! It is just that it would be a shame to miss the Upswing...

Theres too much of this shitcoin to go around for it to be ever valuable

I like the idea but they are too beta to do anything with it

The amount of Units are already Priced In... If the Market Cap increases to $500 Million then it has Doubled...

That's all that really matters.

>too many coins meme
The high coin supply is to make sure no one ever has a large percentage of the coin. According to the main dev, by his estimate, no one has more than 3% of the total supply, which is something no other coin has.

Or maybe you're complaining that you don't have enough money to buy anything, so whatever you do buy will be essentially worthless.

Well look guys... people are right now selling for a Loss... it's at the All Time Lows! There can't be very many more Sellers willing to do that.

reporting in.

can't wait to dump.

>all time low
>+250 million market cap
Hahaha
Wake me up when we go down to 1 million.

That's right... it has always historically bounced off of this price. It has done so 5 times!

>What the fuck is going on with that shitcoin?
26 Billion circulating supply

You didn't seriously buy at 700 did you?

Divide by two overall gains...

-40%/2 = -%20.
Nice! Smaller bags

Nah... the reason it has been falling is because of the Giant Run-Up from before. This is just people getting rid of their Units at a Loss.

Chart would indicate that the crash has stabilized over the past month.

Here's advice from a veteran trader - cut your losses, siacoin won't rise past 400 sats for the next few months, and may reach 800 by christmas if you're lucky.

No point wasting time on a dead coin.

I dont see how blockchain can be used for cloud services. Chains can barely keep up with coin transactions let alone data

Also a veteran trader, and this is bullshit.

The platform works. Try it yourself.

Because there is a significant upfront bond required to be a host, and using a blockchain naturally makes storage proofs and interaction expensive, meaning that it's not economically sensible for people storing small amounts of data.

Same reason Bitcoin doesn't try to make it possible to buy coffee using an entire blockchain transaction.

The only thing that hits the chain itself are storage proofs and payments. Storage happens entirely off-chain.

maybe because there is 28.5 billion siacoins, how high do you guys really expect this thing to get?

I don't know guys! It looks like it is bouncing to me... It went below the Line and then came right back up.

I hope I'm right!

We got a Green Candle on the Daily now! Looks hopeful...

It should be three cents early next year when all the hype starts pumping it before they release the asics and it goes to 1 cent

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out and wait a week

nigger we've been bagholding for fucking MONTHS

im a bag holder here 100000 worth

Baghold harder faggot.
I held this coin for over a year and it made me rich.
Do the same.

>cut your losses
>it might reach the ath if you hold, but don't hold!

Just bought at 277. It'll go up for sure.

wanna swap for 0.5 btc?

Mhm. Bought at 310 two days ago. Caught a falling knife. I don't get how such an undervalued coin isn't at 500-600 SAT. Welp, time to hold.

You're assuming the network won't grow during that time - storage gets cheaper but more computers join the network so the same amount of sia buys more storage

There are however a lot of obstacles to overcome before sia sees any kind of widespread adoption, the main one being making it easy for normies to use, at least in comparison to something like Dropbox or Google drive, which I can't see happening.

I feel you...

The UI can be changed and improved.
That's not an issue. Sia first. Needs a lot of storage and a high speed before that point. After that, the rest will come in time.

Gpu miners are dropping out due to asic miners.

Contracted storage is only 200tb. That's only $5000 worth of storage with 8tb @ $200.

This coin might really die.

It's not even the UI so much as the process of having to trade Fiat for bitcoin, then going to an exchange to trade for GNT, then using this GNT to set up file storage contracts vs the simple task of creating a Dropbox account and uploading files

Perhaps they will look at some way of integrating payments from credit cards or bitcoin in the future so the user doesn't have to do all this

As bitcoin becomes more mainstream, so will the process of fiat to btc to sia.
Also credit cards are untrustworthy and centralized and will never be used. Main dev told me that himself. The sia coin is not there to be cute but to be decentralized. It cannot be done with bitcoin or fiat or credit cards.

Lol the hashrate is only increasing.
The asic is to prevent a 51% hashrate attack from eth duel miners
Sia isn't going to ever die unless the devs die.

It's probably one of the best idea and one of the earliest with real life application in the blockchain world.
At the moment the only real problem is trust, it can't beat Google or Amazon on this field right now but it will most likely change in the coming years.

id rather invest in bitbean

Sia doesnt aim to compete against Google Drive or Dropbox, it aims at competing with Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS pro cloud solutions.
Why do the most stupid fuck always open their mouths while they clearly know nothing about the product ?

Well it's going to keep alive even if the devs die, if you think about it.
You might be able to buy an easy dip and profit off a dead dev bounce afterwards

I bought this shit hella cheap, 10k of them and I have never been in the negative. Always buy the dip you fucking faggots, how many times...

thanks for your money. I sold at peak.

Because people that invest little think little.

Garbage coin, this is the only coin i will ever think is a legit shitcoin.
>devs have a released product that barely fucking works
>competing with services that are already free and work 100x better
>ridiculous statements about tieing the coin price to cost of service and manipulating it if it gets too high
>hype up an asic as "news" and tell you that they wont even sell it for the currency THEY made
>devs go bankrupt only to be saved by a grant

There's no redundancy and the files are held by a 200 sat collateral.

>manipulating it if it gets too high
>manipulating
lol look at this bullshit claim

Let's go through each of this because it's hilarious.
>devs have a released product that barely fucking works
Nope, it works. Not optimally with extreme high speeds, but it does work if you put files onto the network. Give it two years, and it'll be polished to perfection. Nothing is great in a day.
>competing with services that are already free and work 100x better
Nothing is free. And storage sites or companies that offer free storage make their money from people that want more than just peanuts. Sia works with an pay what you use system, which not even Amazon has.
I dare you to find me a company that will give me 1000 TB of storage for free.

>ridiculous statements about tieing the coin price to cost of service and manipulating it if it gets too high
[citation needed]

>hype up an asic as "news" and tell you that they wont even sell it for the currency THEY made
Why accept sia? People made a huge fuss about it, but have yet to explain why it's so damning.

>devs go bankrupt only to be saved by a grant
The way sia works is that they devs do not make any money. They purposefully did not pre mine anything, and will only make money once the system becomes big. Meaning for them to make money, they either need to become the facebook of storage or go broke. This is great for people that want to invest because unlike say Storj or filecoin that control a large majority of the coin, everything is left to the free market to decide the price.
The devs were getting worried because they were running out of money (only had 1 mill since 2014) and didn't know what to do since the asic plan didn't go as high as they were expecting. But now they've been giving money for a year, meaning they won't need to do anything but work. Yet it's seen as a negative because the devs aren't scamming people like every other coin.

--

All in all, you're like every FUD that is ignoring the fact that sia is worth 250 million and doing fine. You know nothing.

>t. 1 million CAD dollars worth of sia poster trying to stop himself from losing another 50%
See how your arguments don't say im wrong, but attempt to deflect the claims

Still richer than you faggot.
I was the first one on this board talking about sia and in 3 years, you'll be worshiping me.

You're naive as fuck if you think companies are going to take the risk of switching to sia before it's established, individual users are going to have to be the first ones using and growing the network in order for it to reach the critical mass needed for it to make sense to companies on grounds of costs and compliance

Small companies interested in low storage will be interested, and it'll grow from there.

It's over. It'll drop to 200 sat then maybe even lower, to something like 150-100 sat. There is no reason for pumping it, especially now when BTC is reaching ATH every new day.

Sats are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is USD price.